• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I mean...yea. Why wouldn't Nintendo want us to buy their stuff?

There's already plenty of killer apps for it.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Also apparently NoE is being a good kind master again, and is delivering us Inazuma Eleven 3, not the original DS one, but the 3DS one. Never change NoE, you glorious kings of game deliverance.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I'm gonna eat up a 3D version of the best platformer this gen without waggle. Even better if it was released June! I spent playing and beat DKCR 100% last June, it'd be perfect to "relive" that month again haha, considering I was planning to play it again next summer. I can finally do the time trials without BS waggle. Best thing about this news is that we might finally get a DKC game, and hopefully in the style of returns. I'd like the tikis to be back, personally, or a new type of enemy. Krimlings always sucked.

Pretty excited for Mario Golf, as well. Camelot was always better at developing golf games than tennis, imo. The GCN game was a masterpiece. Hope it doesn't become as barebones as Tennis Open, as much as I liked it. And no Miis! Probably gonna end up being the only person playing as Wario and DK, anywho.

LM2 also finally getting a European release date warms my heart. Day one.

EDIT: OH! I'm also gonna eat up New Super Luigi U. NSMBU was a fantastic platformer, and this is coming from someone who didn't like the previous New! Mario games much. From the looks of the trailer, the level design seem to be more challenging, so that's definitely a HUGE plus.

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
80+ new levels and a world map for DLC, or basically Nintendo using DLC how it should be used. Expansion packs are always awesome, and hopefully its a sign of what's to come for future Nintendo series' on the Wii U.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I need that Mario & Luigi 4. I have seen some screenshot of double-brother action, but still, I want to know how important the "dream mode" thing is going to be- I want more of a RPG and less of a platformer. Still very interested.

Also Donkey Kong Land Returns, damn it's going to come home.

Sir Codin

Currently downloading Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy)

Disregarding Lightning Warrior Raidy, this will be the first game I'm getting that's rated for Adults Only.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
80+ new levels and a world map for DLC, or basically Nintendo using DLC how it should be used. Expansion packs are always awesome, and hopefully its a sign of what's to come for future Nintendo series' on the Wii U.

Yea even the 3DS is getting DLC and patches for games. Nintendo really has stepped it up on their online front.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Oh hells yeah!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/13/brutal-legend-returns-for-a-pc-encore

BRUTAL LEGEND is coming to PC. Anyone looking to take a class in heavy metal appreciation or just simply to play a really hilarious game should consider getting this. Even if you aren't a fan of heavy metal, this game is funny as hell.

I swear this game would have been god tier if it wasn't for the middling RTS sections. Its a hellbent metal world with cameos from everyone including Ozzy, like in that video, an amazing soundtrack, and I love Jack Black's role in this. However like I said the RTS things ruin the adventure hack and slash feel it had going for it. Still a great play, but its really more for metal fans, cause of all the little references you can get through the world and dialog.

I need that Mario & Luigi 4. I have seen some screenshot of double-brother action, but still, I want to know how important the "dream mode" thing is going to be- I want more of a RPG and less of a platformer. Still very interested.

Also Donkey Kong Land Returns, damn it's going to come home.
Probably like Bowser in BIS, you spend one part of the game in Luiginception and the other part in the real world travelling, like how their's a world map button on the bottom screen.

It's not a Donkey Kong Country game without a handheld port a few years later.
Damn straight it isn't. And I was expecting it too, considering how rumored it was. Not this early, but still an excellent thing to do. No waggle is gonna make it sooo good.

Yea even the 3DS is getting DLC and patches for games. Nintendo really has stepped it up on their online front.
Nintendo is literally the only company I would trust for online. They might be slow at some implementations, it might be an atrocity for no account based downloads and ease of transferring, but they don't nickel and dime you for everything, and the fact that they have their own social network exclusively for their platforms is going to alleviate many problems in the future, not only for them, but for 3rd parties. Take for example Most Wanted U, the first 3rd part game to fully support Miiverse. Its gonna be up there being the most played, and with an active community. From the start many people might not buy it, but slowly when the news spreads a lot more will. I wouldn't be surprised if it helps a major portion of sales to come through for EA, and hopefully salvage the console's image, even if by a tiny bit.

OOOOOH ITS HAPPENING!
Spoiler:

PS4 devkit prototype controller. Looks like it has move built in, and the touchpad that's rumored. I gotta say, I wouldn't mind owning a PS4, cause this looks like it could be a pretty funky console to own with that kinda controller.

Years
Looks like a nice PS4 controller, but with a touchpad installed that won't be cheap; not the current price is actually pretty high. It's a good feature, but not enough to persuade me to get a PS4, after all, it's just a touchpad. Won't sound as good in a couple of years...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Well exclusive features mean more exclusive games, so the touchpad might give the PS4 more exclusives than the PS3 had, giving me a reason to buy the former since, well, my PC doesn't have a touchpad.

I'll still wait, though. I'll probably end up waiting for Persona 5, which no force in the universe will stop me from buying.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Well exclusive features mean more exclusive games, so the touchpad might give the PS4 more exclusives than the PS3 had, giving me a reason to buy the former since, well, my PC doesn't have a touchpad.

I'll still wait, though. I'll probably end up waiting for Persona 5, which no force in the universe will stop me from buying.
What if it ends up on the 3DS or -gasp- Wii U? Atlus and Nintendo have been pretty buddy buddy lately.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
What if it ends up on the 3DS or -gasp- Wii U? Atlus and Nintendo have been pretty buddy buddy lately.
I don't see it happening, mainly because Persona has always been a Playstation franchise and because the 3DS is already getting Shin Megami Tensei 4. It's not impossible, though, and if it were to come to one of those two (or the Vita), then I'd most likely just buy it for one of those.

Years
As machomuu said, Persona is a Playstation franchise and that will never change; much like the Halo series series being exclusive to Xbox. I don't see Persona being released on any Nintendo consoles, Vita maybe, which would actually be pretty nice, but not Nintendo.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
As machomuu said, Persona is a Playstation franchise and that will never change; much like the Halo series series being exclusive to Xbox. I don't see Persona being released on any Nintendo consoles, Vita maybe, which would actually be pretty nice, but not Nintendo.
Aha, I see. I thought like other Megami Tensei games platform didn't matter as much. And also cause I just want meltdown if that ever happened. :p

Years
Yeah, it would be nice if the console exclusive games spread across more platforms. I sure as heck wouldn't mind Halo on PC, likewise with Persona and other Nintendo games. There are emulators on PC, but it isn't the same, I would much prefer to own the real game.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Nintendo games on other consoles won't happen, simple as that.
In other news:
http://i.imgur.com/m61ZDgV.jpg
Likely near-final design of the PS4 controller. It looks great, and the pseudo-glass combined with the middle glass touchpad is an awesome idea. Placement of the start/select is weird, but its likely gonna change.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Yeah, it would be nice if the console exclusive games spread across more platforms. I sure as heck wouldn't mind Halo on PC, likewise with Persona and other Nintendo games. There are emulators on PC, but it isn't the same, I would much prefer to own the real game.
It depends for me. For instance, in the case of retro games (Prior to the Playstation 2, Xbox, and Gamecube, barring handhelds), I'd prefer to have the real games and systems (unless I can emulate them on my handhelds, since I love playing retro games that way) In terms of contemporary games, I'm okay with playing either way. Nowadays, I mostly use PCSX2 and Dolphin to play my PS2 and Wii/Gamecube games (respectively) upscaled to much higher resolutions, I even prefer it (unless it's today, as stretched 2D models and textures actually look worse unless they've been downscaled by the devs). Though I don't recommend playing the modern ones (or the fifth generation ones that are 3D) emulated unless you have a gamepad or a compatible PC controller.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Can someone give me a good reason to keep playing Yoshi's Island? I gave it another try recently but I don't have the will to play it any longer. Granted, I'm only in world 2, but I don't want to continue any further until I have confirmation the game gets better.

It's a shame, I love how Yoshi controls (flutter jump sucks though). But levels take way too long, even if I ignore all secrets and collectibles. Often when I want the level to finish already is when I'm only half way through. Speaking of which, is there any reason for me to go for them aside from that magic 100%? It's really tedious, and I don't feel accomplished when I get all of them. The level design is just far too overwhelming, and the gimmicks are more annoying than fun. (Touch fuzzy get dizzy...jesus christ.)

Maybe Mario spoiled me but I don't know. As it stands I find Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country 2 far better platformers for the SNES.

Been playing Punch Out Wii lately and finally gave title defense mode a try. Good god, this isn't post game, this is the second half of the game, the better half, the true half. I just beat Great Tiger, and he went from underwhelming and forgettable to being the best fight of all the major circuit. Look at this. (Unless you don't want to spoil yourself, and I suggest you don't if you have any desire to play the game.) But I suppose that's only because I actually felt like I'm fighting Great Tiger from the NES game.

Finding different ways to beat these boxers in title defense is such a joy. Everyone with a Wii owes it to themselves to try this game out. And don't you dare give up before title defense mode, no matter how much the first Sandman fight kicks your ass.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back