• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Do You Think Of My (Future) Team?

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2012
These are what I've PLANNED. The only Pokemon I've started on is Braviary. I admit this may not be such a great team, but it doesn't hurt to try them out.

Probopass @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Timid/Modest
EVs: 252 Defense/252 Sp. Defense
-Earth Power
-Zap Cannon
-Lock-On
-Block

Scizor @ Quick Claw
Ability: Swarm/Technician
Nature: Jolly/Timid
EVs: 252 HP/252 Speed
-Substitute
-Agililty
-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass

Braviary @ Leftovers
Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Attack/252 Speed
-Crush Claw
-Brave Bird
-Super Power
-Bulk Up

Golduck @ Wide Lens
Ability: Cloud Nine
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack/252 Speed
-Amnesia
-Psychic
-Ice Beam
-Surf

Maractus @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Bold/Timid/Calm
EVs: 252 Speed/126 Defense/126 Sp. Defense
-Ingrain
-Leech Seed
-Giga Drain
-Sunny Day

Blissey @ Shell Bell
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 Defense/252 Speed
-Aromatherapy
-Softboiled
-Shadow Ball
-Flamethrower

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 10, 2011
Well I'm not an expert but I think I may be able to help you out here.

First of all, if my math is right, it looks like you're using 504/510 total ev points. That translates to a 1 point stat raise in the category of your choosing. But that point could make a difference.

I see you're doing a Baton Pass Scizor. So maybe give it Leftovers so it can recover off that Substitute damage. I'm a fan of STAB Technician Bullet Punch (base 90 attack power with priority love it), but if Baton Pass is what you like that's fine too.

I think you should give Braviary a Choice Band so you can maximize its attack.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Blissey is more of a special wall than a special attacker. So adjust your evs to heavily invest in SpD and HP. Also give it a status inducer. I like Toxic, but T-wave could give your opponent a hard time. That being said, give it maybe leftovers just to heal even more because it's gonna get hit a lot.

Well that's all I've got. Again, I'm just starting in to this, so everything I said could have been completely wrong :P

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2012
I understand most of these changes make sense, and I decided to give T-Wave to Blissey, replacing Shadow Ball.

But what concerns me is that people are always paranoid about Choice Scarf. I mean Brave Bird's Base Power is already beast enough, following STAB. If anything else, you'd really need Leftovers for him due to recoil damage. Besides, I'm limited to 2 leftovers. Unless I make a miracle trade and get more.

lionrt60

Animal Crossing 3ds ♥
Years
At the moment I'm doing damage calculations for your team to give you adaptations for your team. Also just a few things

- on braviary run return > Crush claw if you have max happiness on braviary. (keep giving it massages and other things described here)

- no ingrain on maractus, It prevents you from switching and you would generally be better off using subseed also please don't use sunny day as none of the other team members benefit, perhaps use toxic? on top of all of that you would be better off with storm drain or preferably water absorb as an ability as maractus would be played as a staller.

- Zap cannon is not worth having on probopass as it will rarely hit and while I appreciate that block, lock-on and zap cannon may work probopass will more than likely be at least 3hko'd by most things, give it stealth rock (egg-move) instead of block, thunderbolt instead of zap cannon and perhaps use a chestorest strategy > leftovers & lock-on.

- I notice you replaced shadow ball < t-wave on blissey and you might consider replacing flamethrower with seismic toss as it provides a reliable 100 damage.

-on scizor replace one of substitute, agility or swords dance with an attacking move like bullet punch because you have no attacking moves you are taunt bait and with prankster whimsicott and thundurus with taunt running around you cant afford to not have an attacking move. Also you will need to replace quick claw with something else as the item is not allowed. (in standard play)

- replace amnesia on golduck with psyshock to hit blissey and other special walls/sponges or calm mind to which boosts special defense anyway while also giving your special attack some helpful boosts.

Hope this helps and once I've done my calculations if I have any other suggestions ill tell you ^^ oh yeah, and look here for what is acceptable in standard play (only 1 item of a kind in a team)

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Scizor is completely shut down by Taunt. It's best if you passed 1 or 2 of the 3 things:
-Substitute/Roost
-Baton Pass
-Swords Dance/Agility
-Bullet Punch
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 248 HP/88 Atk/172 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Technician

If SmashPass isn't banned yet, use Huntail or Gorebyss:
Gorebyss:
-Shell Smash
-Baton Pass