• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowboy166

Gues who's internet is working
Years
  • Age 29
  • hell
  • Seen Dec 7, 2023
I don´t know if it works with Tile Molester, but you can edit it with unLZ.GBA. Don´t ask me what number it is^^
You can get unLZ in the Toolbox thread from Treecko lvl. 100, and there is a thread in the Documents and Tutorials Threat.
Hope this helped^^

Lol that's what I've been trying to do it's just a bit confusing for me... Well latly my results have been getting alot better so i geus i just practise and if anyone wants Charizard title screen offset it's 2011 or near that.

Edit: I did a typo it says U've but i meen I've

Last edited:

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
*game*........................................................

You should use the edit button...and when you want to hack a Pokemon game, there are tons of programs out there. I suggest looking at the Toolbox thread for most of the programs (Actually, probably all) that you'd need.

duncanrcook

Excellent!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 20, 2012
hi all. i asked all these before for pkmn gold:
1. how do you edit the links between maps?
2. how do you edit movement scripts and triggers?
3. how do you edit the world map and how do you make the tiles on the world map correspond to the route/town you want it to?

now im asking these questions about pkmn red/blue

Last edited:

shinylucario

ninja lucario
Years
  • Age 36
  • CT
  • Seen May 21, 2008
and I asked this: I have the VBA installed however when I go to open the game file up, it doesn't show up in the folder it's in my documents media folder. the VBA opens up my computer drivers. whats up with it?

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
and I asked this: I have the VBA installed however when I go to open the game file up, it doesn't show up in the folder it's in my documents media folder. the VBA opens up my computer drivers. whats up with it?

I think you might want to try using "open" instead of "open gameboy". I'm not sure if that'd help your situation, but it worked for me.

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
What do you guys use to edit scripts, Cuase I really cant find anything that works....Hope this hasne't been asked....

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I'm Pokemon D/P at about 90% (can't tell you how) and once I get to the route that leads to Solaceon Town, it friggin' turn white at the top part of the screen :(...I need help.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
3 Questions,

1. Is there a tutorial for PokeScript?
2. Whenever I try to use Advance Text, it says
"Component 'comctl32.ock' or one of dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid." How do I fix it? Are there other text editors?(Also happens with A-Mart)
3. On A-Battle, it says "Run-Time Error '76': Path not found.

1 Request,

1. Can someone give me a link to to ScriptED?

Last edited:

Cryomancer

blocks your path.
Years
no you dont get me I want to change the colors of the tiles and APE is a program for it and I must now those offsets and with unzl.gba you cant do it

get to the place in the game you want to edit the palettes for, i think you're talking about the title screen? Go there in the rom. in VBA, hit tools, palette viewer. This will show you everything currently being displayed.

Take a screenshot of this (use printscreen button) and then paste that screenshot into your graphics editing program. what you want to do is find the GBA color values for the first few colors in the palette you want to edit. Find the palette in the vba screenshot and select the color. the graphics program should be able to give you color information, one of which will be the color's HTML code. It'll be like #000000. Open up APE, and use the RGB/GBA color converter under tools. Put the HTML code minus the # symbol into the RBG to GBA box, and then hit calculate. The number that appears is the gba value for that color. Write it into notepad or such, and then get three or four more colors from the palette you're looking for (and make sure you have em in order.

Now, open the rom up in your hex editor, and search for the GBA color values you've come up with. Put three or four of them into the search and make sure that it's the only/correct instance of that particular color combination and order in the rom. That way you know for sure it's the palette you want to edit.

Back in APE, open the rom and you'll want to use the "load from offset" button. The Offset(hex) field needs to be filled with the address of the palette you just found in your hex editor. it'll be like 003bb750 or such. Put that in, and hit load. You should now finally see the palette you wanted to edit. Hit the edit tab in APE, actual palette, copy. This copies it down to the changed palette, and then you make the changes you want there. Figure out the GBA color values you need the same way you found the color values to search the rom for. Make your changes in the changed palette, hit replace, and you're done.

this isn't as difficult as it sounds, just kinda wordy. and there is probably a simpler way, ie using the data from the VBA palette checker and converting it to the hex offset but i'm not sure how one does that exactly, so this is the method I used.

duncanrcook

Excellent!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 20, 2012
3 Questions,

1. Is there a tutorial for PokeScript?
2. Whenever I try to use Advance Text, it says
"Component 'comctl32.ock' or one of dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid." How do I fix it? Are there other text editors?(Also happens with A-Mart)
3. On A-Battle, it says "Run-Time Error '76': Path not found.

1 Request,

1. Can someone give me a link to to ScriptED?

1. tutorials for pokescript can be found here
2. search in google for comctl32.ock . you should find the file and instructions on how to register it. if you don't, keep searching! :)
3. i dont know. try reinstalling a-battle

you can find elite map (which comes with scripted) here
and if you need diamond cutter to insert the scripts, look here

hope i helped

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2009
how can you make a level script that changes the weather when the emerald internal clock gets to a certain time?

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
Yo peoplz, I have a question: I´m using Amplifier Ae 2006 to change things in my hack (of course other programs too).
In the Image selecter theres a box to change what kinds of Pokémon you need to get a pokémon as an egg (let´s say gastly).
And you can choose things like: Water, Chaos, Fairy and so on.
BUT: Can someone tell me what that means? (Which kind of pokémon do I need for, let´s say, Chaos or smth?)

And 2nd question: I have cool Story ideas, but no scripting skills. Is there a thread to post just the ideas and to ask for help? (I know about the Team Discussions, but I´m not searching a team)

!!!Please help!!!

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
I have a Question that has been bothering me....

In AdvanceMap, When I use the connection manger, Whenever I goto remove a connection, it say..

I/O Error, And it wont delete, Same thing with adding. I have the newest version of AdvanceMap & everything works great excpet that >_>

Please Help!

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2007
I really want to make my own custom tiles but having a hard time importing the original tiles cuz I really don't know how. Can someone tell me how to do this. I tried using unLZ but all I get is a bunch of crazy colored squares.

Ultima Super

Noob Hacker o.O
Years
Hi I'm a noob scritper and im trying to make a script that make a guy in front of the PC in oldale town say "This is a PC you can pu in and take out POKéMON and items. You can also check you POKéDEX. ... ... ... Try it!"
and then he moves to X=11
i have this so far:
#autobank on
#org 0x9C204C
message 0x0 0x9C204C
boxset 0x02
#define MOVESPRITE_NEWXPOS &H9C204C
end

#org 0x9C204C
= This is a PC you can put in\nand take out POKéMON and items\pby using it.\nYou can also check your POKéDEX!
\p... ... ...\nTry it!

#define MOVESPRITE_NEWXPOS
= 11
can you fix that?
im using emerald bpee
can you point me to a tutorial to pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back