• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Update for Grass-Monotype run on Red Version

Gym Badges: 8
Current City: Viridian City
No. of Rivals Beaten: All but one

Current Team:

Spr_1b_003.png

Venusaur Lv52
- Razor Leaf
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Vine Whip

Spr_1b_045.png

Vileplume Lv46
- Absorb
- Acid
- Petal Dance
- Sleep Powder

Spr_1b_047.png

Parasect Lv46
- Mega Drain
- Slash
- Solarbeam
- Dig

Spr_1b_103.png

Exeggutor Lv46
- Psywave
- Hypnosis
- Solarbeam
- Psychic

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
278.gif
Lvl.16
Lax
Moves:
Growl
Water Gun
Supersonic
Wing attack

276.gif
Lvl.12
Timid
Moves:
Peck
Focus Energy
Growl
Quick attack

Trying to beat roxanne atm but my Winguls water gun just wont take out her last poke and i cant stall long enough to get through all of her potions befor rock tomb takes me out. More training will be needed! Plan on picking up a Nincada in the next route to join the team, two members for one!

Years
Okay that was a fast playthrough of Fire red in my Ultimate Flying Challenge. Here is my team Right after beating The E4

THE TEAM:
Spoiler:

Overall i would say that Charizard and pidgeot was the most valuable members but at the Elite four Dodrio Was Boss and laid waste to all those that i couldn't beat with something else thanks to monster Attack and a STAB Hyper Beam. Dodrio is Absolutely one of my favourite pokemon because its powerful, fast and just looks beastly.

I went to Cinnabar Island as early as possible and got Aerodactyl and trained him up with the VS Seeker but he ended up as a somewhat unused member because he just wasn't as powerful as Charizard, Dodrio and Gyarados. Butterfree was very helpful and took down most of agatha's team, i love using butterfree the way i did in this playthrough by poisoning and putting others to sleep, as a supporter to the rest of the team or when fighting ghost or fighting putting them to sleep and killing with Psychic, even though Butterfree's Stats suck, it's got a really good ability (Compound Eyes) in combination with the moves i gave it.

I will go on to Hoenn in My Flying now.

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
Hey Monotype thread. It's been a while. I've missed you.

Ultimate Fighting Monotype Challenge HeartGold Update #2

-Trained up a bit on the route west of Ecruteak
-Morty was a bit of a pain, had to bring in Pidgey at the end to use a Rivive, but nothing too impossible to handle.
-Asha evolved into a Poliwhirl sometime before the Morty fight, didn't write down exactly when
-Headed west, then pulled a stupid and went straight for Cianwood without doing the lighthouse first
-Luckily, Ringo totally beasted Chuck's entire gym single-handedly with Aerial Ace so we could get Fly, do the lighthouse (during which Muscle evolved into a Machoke), then fly back to get the medicine
-Trained up on the routes before Lake of Rage, then backtracked so that Muscle and Ringo could take care of Jasmine
-Dealt with Rockets for a bit, then took out Pryce with (obvious) ease.
-Got to Blackthorn and finally got around to Pokesav-evolving Muscle into a Machamp
-Staring Clair in the face as we speak

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spr_4h_214_m.png

Ringo the Heracross ♂, Lv. 39
Ability: Guts
-Close Combat
-Swagger
-Aerial Ace
-Brick Break

Spr_4h_061.png

Asha the Poliwhirl ♀, Lv. 38
Ability: Damp
-Body Slam
-Mud Shot
-Surf
-Hypnosis

Spr_4h_068.png

Muscle the Machamp ♀, Lv. 39
Ability: Guts
-Revenge
-Foresight
-Seismic Toss
-Submission

HM Slaves:
Penny the Pidgey: Fly
Castanetd the Krabby: Cut, Strength

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Ultimate Fighting Monotype: Black Version

Burgh was a pushover. I got Rollout going and after two rounds I was sweeping everything. tbh, I could have Flame Charged them all as well, but that's not as fun. I beat Cheren and Bianca pretty easily. Sawk did get KOed against a Pidove, which was not fun. I am contemplating taking Sawk off the team in favor of a trade in, since I am having difficulty determining the kind of set I want for him. If he just had more speed he would be an effective sweeper.

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
Okay first update on Flying Type in Hoenn, i chose to play it in emerald because of the substitute tutor for my ninjask, which i think will end up with an awesome moveset. i actually think this will be a very fun playthrough because it's not my usual way of playing, because i tend to use pokemon with lots of offensive power, but i think i will try relying more on finesse in this playthrough.

Spoiler:

The team after Wattson
Spoiler:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update on Ultimate Monotype Challenge (Rock).

Update #2 on Black 2.​

• Just outside the Desert Resort, I caught Hermit the Dwebble.
  • Beat all the trainers on Route 4 and the Desert Resort, then headed to Nimbasa City.
  • In the Join Avenue, I got a Antique Shop set up, which gave me a few extra Hard Stones.
  • Defeated the trainers around the city, then took on the gym.
  • Elesa was really tough with all my weakness to electric, but Hermit was able to finish Zebstrika with Dig.
  • Moved on to Driftveil City and defeated Clay with some luck.
  • Continued on to the PWT and defeated Team Plasma on the Frigate.
  • Got Surf from Cheren and used it to go inside Mistralton Cave, where I caught Titan the Aron.
  • Soon afterwards, Hermit evolved into Crustle!
  • Went through the Chargestone Cave, where Titan and Achelon evolved into Lairon and Carracosta!
  • Explored Route 7 and traded Emolga for Gigalith (why doesn't he have a nickname?!?).
  • Challenged Skyla and defeated her with some difficulty as Swanna is deadly with Surf.
  • Took the jet to Lentimas Town and saved.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Roxy:
558.gif

Hermit the Docile Crustle, ♂ - L38 @ Hard Stone
Ability: Battle Armor
Moves: X-Scissor, Dig, Rock Slide, Rock Polish
565.gif

Archelon the Adamant Carracosta, ♂ - L39 @ Mystic Water
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Aqua Jet, Crunch, Rock Slide, Surf
305.gif

Titan the Bashful Lairon, ♂ - L39 @ Metal Coat
Ability: Rock Head
Moves: Iron Tail, Rock Slide, Strength, Bulldoze
526.gif

Gigalith the Adamant Gigalith, ♂ - L39 @ Hard Stone
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Rock Slide, Bulldoze, Iron Defense, Rest
142.gif

Jet the Careful Aerodactyl, ♂ - L39 @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Rock Head
Moves: Fly, Rock Slide, Crunch, Ice Fang

HM Slaves:
549.gif

Lilligant - Cut, Flash

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2018
I have defeated Red in Crystal for my Ultimate Dark run

Final Team:
Tyranitar
Lv. 73

Umbreon
Lv. 75

Houndoom
Lv. 77

Sneasel
Lv. 77

Murkrow
Lv. 77

Houndour
Lv. 81

(attachment is to prove my victory)

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
I'm done with my Water UMC, next up is my Grass UMC.

Major Events
Spoiler:

Pics:
Spoiler:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
503.png
Samurott / Lv.62 / Torrent / Strength, Surf, X-Scissor, Ice Beam
593.png
Jellicent / Lv.61 / Damp / Shadow Ball, Surf, Ice Beam, Psychic
121.png
Starmie / Lv.61 / Natural Cure / Psychic, Thunderbolt, Surf, Ice Beam
Hacked
131.png
Lapras / Lv.62 / Water Absorb / Ice Beam, Surf, Drill Run, Dragon Pulse
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years
okay done with emerald in my ultimate Flying Challenge:

I first tried to challenge the E4 with a team of five, but simply couldn't beat them, so i caught a bagon and trained it to a few levels above the rest of my team, and beat them easily mostly with Ninjask and Salamence:

My team after E4:
Spoiler:

I wasn't very lucky with my natures this time and especially Wallace was hard to beat, the others was easy after baton passing triple swords dance of to Shredder everything went down Like nothing. Pheobe went down to the power of Leonardo with shadow ball.
I had real trouble getting those swords dances up against Wallace, because his pokemon knows ice attacks and killed of Leonardo before he could get anything done, so i taught Donatello Flash and started with it with a light screen against wallace and then flashed his wailord a few times until i lost Donatello to a Blizzard, but i switched in Leo and i got of my swords dances and baton passed them to Shredder and he swept with OHKO's to every last one of Wallace's Pokes.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Ultimate Ghost Monotype: FireRed

I beat Brock and Misty so far. Not really worth posting a team yet since it's just me and a Shuppet. Lack of sufficient PP is causing me some issues, but other than that it's pretty easy.

Last edited:

ScubaDouch3

Ice-Type Lover
Years
I have a quick question, if I were to post "What are you doing here" right now, would I be able to hack in an extra ice pokemon in my Ice-mono challenge? I am already past Roxanne and don't feel like going through with just a Spheal until I catch a Snorunt at, like, the end of the game.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I have a quick question, if I were to post "What are you doing here" right now, would I be able to hack in an extra ice pokemon in my Ice-mono challenge? I am already past Roxanne and don't feel like going through with just a Spheal until I catch a Snorunt at, like, the end of the game.
Yes, you can do it with challenges you already started. Only 3 days for anyone who wants to take advantage of the event! btw, when March comes around, you guys can keep using your hacks/trades, you just can't add any more to your challenges.

ScubaDouch3

Ice-Type Lover
Years
Yes, you can do it with challenges you already started. Only 3 days for anyone who wants to take advantage of the event! btw, when March comes around, you guys can keep using your hacks/trades, you just can't add any more to your challenges.

Alright thanks! Guess I'll add a "Lapras" into my Emerald Ice-Mono challenge, because you can never go wrong with a Lapras! Oh, and I guess I have to say "What are you doing here" before I forget.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2015
Username: Markinatorz
Type: Rock
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Ruby

Beat Rustboro Gym using just Marshtomp (Muddy)
Sailed to Dewford and caught my first 2 rock pokemon: Aron (ShinyShiny) and Geodude (Gollum)
Trained Geodude to level 26 to rollout and evolve to Graveler, and then an editor to evolve it to Golem (which does the same job as trading)
Just beat Dewford gym, 2nd badge! :D
However still a long way to go until next pokemon to capture (Slugma, to evolve to Magcargo on Fiery Path or Nosepass via Rock Smash in Granite Cave)
Travelled to Mauville and beat Watson easily with Gollum and set off towards Fiery Path
At Fiery Path, managed to catch Slugma (Ember Fudd) will try to get Magcargo ASAP :D and off to Meteor Falls to get a Solrock
Reached Meteor Falls, talked to Archie, then captured a Solrock (Helios)

Current team:
Aron (ShinyShiny) Level 27
Golem (Gollum) Level 30
Slugma (Ember Fudd) Level 16
Solrock (Helios) Level 14

Last edited:

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
I don't have an update, but I want to re-sign up for my grass monotype.
For better selections, I'm going to use hacks, not full hacks, just ones like FireRed Omega, a 386 hack.

Username: WarriorCat
Type: Grass
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): FireRed Omega, Sacred Gold, Expert Emerald, Prestigious Platinum, Volt White

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2013
Username: Mrfurret
Type: Grass
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Emerald
I will be using an emulator, just if you wanted to know. I had to edit this (sorry) and change it to grass. Hope that doesn't mess anything up. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2015
Finnaly got my third gym badge took me a hell a time Valhalla did not do well at all. Grindid Jack up to level 42 then evolved to Glalie.
Team
Jack Frost the Glalie
Valhalla the Jynx

I mean to ask what all you wonderful people are doing in this wonderful

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back