• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
Okay, I tried the tool and it made all the colours go funky. The colours that were supposed to be the green colour I made them are a purple colour! Is it set up like this?

Palette 1: 002a 6a25 5102 Or is it something different?
EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it. Now all I need to do is change the Pokemon's tiles on the SGB border. Where is the location of Bulbasuar's and Squirtle's tile arrangements in the hex editor?
EDIT2: nevermind again, I'll just keep the Squirtle and Bulbasaur the same. They look kinda cool mismatched. The answer I would hav egoten anyway would have been to see a Rom map. Pokemon Green version is now complete!!!

Last edited:

Civet

Civet the Cat
Years
Not really sure if this is the right place to post

but does any1 else notice a small bug in A-trainer
trainer 006 has only one pokemon but when you battle with him he has 2 of the same pokemon and its a double battle, beat only one of his pokemon and the battle is over.

im just curious are there any other numvers in a-trainer that has a similar bug such as this one?

Just untick the double box in A Trainer and there won't be a double battle. I encountered the same problem.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2012
I'm having an issue with advanced map, basically when linking 2 places, the offset is fine, the border blocks are the same, yet when it shows up on the ROM they don't match. However if I then walk into the town and make the bit that's messed up out of screen then walk back it appears fine.

I would show an image of what I mean but I can't until I have 15 posts.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
can anyone tell me the size of the badges for firered. and the offsets to find them in unlz.gba. plz and thanks.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
Hey guys, long time no see. :)

I've recently hopped back into hacking so I could entertain my buddy with a "new" pokemon game and had some questions that I couldn't find answered, or even mentioned, via google and these forums.

All I'm doing is adding to Pokemon Fire Red. I'm using AM, XSE, A-Trainer, and YAPE so far, and I'm pretty familiar with these. I will also using Fire Red Hacked Engine at some point for button combos for unlocking doors, etc, using the button check script specials that can be added.
But my main concern right now is making hidden item IDs, and cut trees, strength rocks, etc (person IDs). What are the used IDs for these so I don't mess up my game by using one that are already used? I was looking through the maps and noticed the cut trees have all the same info EXCEPT person IDs. (example, Highlighting a cut tree, it has 3 for its unknown below the Pos X/Y, movement type is look down, movement 11, script offset $1BDF13, etc are all the same, but the person IDs are all differant.) Could I get away with re-using the same ID since they reset once you leave that map anyway?
Same with hidden items, but I think I can find away around that by making a regular sign with a give item, then clear flag, rather than assigning the hidden ID to a "hidden item" sign post type... Suggestions?

Long story short, Is there a list of all used person ID's/Hidden IDs I can refer to? Whats the max limmit with an expanded ROM, from 16 to 32 mb for these IDs? And while Im at it, is there a max to the amount of maps I add? (I forgot to expand my ROM before I added a couple maps with wild pokemon.. Hope that doesn't mess up the game..) Max number of trainers per game or per map? Max overworld sprites per game/per map? etc..

Any Info on this would be great. Sorry if these questions have been answered before, I looked for over an hour and had no luck. Thanks in advance.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
how do you change the text font and health bars in pokemon fire red

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Just wondering has any1 ever experimented with rom expansion?

If we were to make new scripts after expanding a rom can we still use FSF to find offsets over the 900000 value? or we can still use #dynamic 0x800000 and it will find the needed space? Can the expanded space really be put to use in creating new scripts etc?

some clarifications will be appreciated.

Are there any hacks out there with the rom expansion feature?

thanks for your time.

Rizzy

// Friendship >> Chuck Norris
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2011
I think this is a pretty easy question:
I've played Ruby based hack roms and Fire Red based hack roms. Both in emulator's, I played them in emulator instead of a DS or a GBA because I'm so use to and I love how the game runs a little bit faster.

I notice that the Fire Red hack roms run slower than the Ruby ones, there is a way to up the speed from x100 to x300?

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
if ur using VBA emulator turn sound off and the game will run faster

or u can just continue to press the spacebar tab, but it gets tiring after a while.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
Do what I do and weigh down the space bar with something. ;) I use a pocket knife. haha

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
Hey!!

I have a new doubt xD.

How can I change the behavior of the running shoes? What is it offset to modify it with hex workshop?

I hope you can help me.

Greetings!!

bleedpark

Collector of Shiny Cardboard and Player of Hacks
Years
hi im at a complete loss. im makeing a hack of silver version for my little brother but im haveng trouble editing trainer names. for example i changed karen of the elite 4 into a male trainer and i want to change the name to Jeremy instead of karen. i also want to change "PKMN TRAINER RED" to "PKMN MASTER MATTHEW." can anybody help please. idk if this will help or not but im useing Translhextion to edit names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back