• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Taku51

My lust for power
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 21, 2010
Goodluck

Beta5 is working great best of luck to you man!

waiting4b6

Bursting Fire creator
Years
Does anyone know how to get to the digging mini-game, or is that in b6. Do you have any idea when Beta6 will finally be out. I've been trying to find that info for like 2 months.

p.s: Whoever said that the minigame was in the trick house, they were wrong.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
Does anyone know how to get to the digging mini-game, or is that in b6. Do you have any idea when Beta6 will finally be out. I've been trying to find that info for like 2 months.

The digging machine is in Beta 6. And you're not allowed to ask for release dates. Zel still has much to do.

ssj92

ShinyGold got me hooked!!!
Years
I have but only one question, would you be abel to possible "Transfer" this to Ruby maybe? cause that has a Clock in it and you might be able to make a Day/Night system off that. Just wondering cause that was one of my Favorite things.
Also a suggestion, for a maybe Specialized touch replace the Bike with Roller Blades or Maybe an Off-Road Skateboard, either would be really cool just a suggestion though.

skateboard or roller blades sound like a great creative idea but the bike isn't that bad.

my bad about the mini-games being in the trick house.

Yeah Zel,Why don't you start ALL OVER on a game with worse graphics and need to do EVERYTHING all over again.Excellent idea![/irony]

yea and ruby doesn't have kanto -_- at least to my knowledge it doesn't.

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2009
my reply didnt go through for some reason.... anyway i used fire red action replay codes for shiny gold and it changed my item numbers to numbers like "?32"(i fixed that though). I cant use/see TMs or berries. Even when i get new tms and berries i cant use them... anyone have a solution or is my savegame screwed? I havent played pokemon in years and my favorite pokemon game was crystal. This hack got me playing again :) .

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2008
hey zel i have a problem i love pokemon shiny gold the problem comes when i have to save when i save i go to file and i click save and i check to see if its there and it is but when i turn off my computer and turn it back on the save file is missing what do i do and whats up with that

alureon

Alureon the Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2009
Thanks for making them sounds Clonex25 and Magnius. The tracks are great, them sounds are like the original gold version some are even better. =) Them minigames look like lots of fun, thanks for making them Zel, and everyone else who makes this hack happen. The game is excellent and its coming out even more awesome.

Anyways was curious if you were going to add the Pokemon Network Center that was on One Island with the Ruby and Sapphire plates configured in the machines. It would allow trade between Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. Also was wondering if you were going to add a Move Relearner or some Move Tutors?

Last edited:

Iken

The OTHER other white meat.
Years
O_O...

Shiny Gold X is hard...

that was BY FAR the hardest battle i've ever had with
a level 5 slowpoke.

x_x''

Taku51

My lust for power
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 21, 2010
Nice work on the hack it's pretty awsome the only thing though is that it took me like a week just to find it... but anyways good luck with beta 6

ssj92

ShinyGold got me hooked!!!
Years
my reply didnt go through for some reason.... anyway i used fire red action replay codes for shiny gold and it changed my item numbers to numbers like "?32"(i fixed that though). I cant use/see TMs or berries. Even when i get new tms and berries i cant use them... anyone have a solution or is my savegame screwed? I havent played pokemon in years and my favorite pokemon game was crystal. This hack got me playing again :) .

you shouldn;t have used cheats and play the game fair :P

u mite have to start over with a fresh game save, but don't give up just yet just cuz i sed so.

Years
hey zel i have a problem i love pokemon shiny gold the problem comes when i have to save when i save i go to file and i click save and i check to see if its there and it is but when i turn off my computer and turn it back on the save file is missing what do i do and whats up with that

Go to Options --> Emulator --> Save Type then click Flash 128k and see if that works.

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
I was just thinking in something here...
There will be more trainers in shinygold than in firered, right?
If so, why not name them after ppl here in pc?

Good luck!

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
JJK, I believe Zel has enough trainers to put in...
I was just saying, it would be a nice idea if any extra trainers (like those in the new region that will be inserted) were named after the people in here.
Also, i guess its easier than to think of new real names, like "Zachary" or something...

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
Years
The only thing about this I would improve for future betas, is the very first battle.

Going up against a level 5 slowpoke with yawn and curse, with an already high defense status is slightly unfair for new gamers; the battle is just too imbalanced for the level. I think that what I'd suggest is move Carlos in to either the entrance to route 30, or the entrance to Cherrygrove. This way, you can train prior in order to make the battle easier.

Of course, everything after that battle is fine and dandy. Great job with the hack!

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
Years
I never had trouble with battling that slowpoke, it's kinda easy.
just use a good way to battle, piece of cake ^^
Yeah, using the potions you get at the beginning help a lot. The only problem is if the slowpoke ends up cursing itself to max when you're sleeping.

Still, moving the battle in isn't so much of a problem ye?

EDIT: One more question.. D-Did you increase the chance of shinies appearing in this patch or something? Or am I being insanely lucky when, on a run where I mistook the latest beta for beta4 in a locked thread, I found a shiny geodude, and NOW, on the correct version, I found a shiny caterpie?

EDIT Again!: Oh now a shiny hoothoot too?! If you want picture proof, I can give it. But if I see ONE MORE, this is odd.

Last edited:
Back