• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SS Team RMT

torcoal

Ketsu!
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2013
So, I have a competitive team made. It is a Sandstorm team. Please, tell me what you think of them. (Note, this was made in Pearl, so I haven't added any 5th gens.)

Masquerade (Roserade)
Natural Cure - Bold @ Black Sludge
~Spikes
~Poison Spikes
~Stun Spore
~Rest
EVs: 252-Hp, 152-Def, 104-Def

So, you can see where I was going with this. It comes out, sets up as much entry hazards as it can, uses rest, then swaps out. Natural Cure makes sure it is awake if I send it out again.

Naboru (Tyranitar)
Sand Stream - Adamant @ Choice Band
~Crunch
~Stone Edge
~Aerial Ace
~Avalanche
Evs: 252-Attack, 148-Speed, 108-Defense

Ttar is the main focus of this team. It gives an unlimited sandstorm, and makes a good physical sweeper. Sandstorm also provides a 1.5x boost to his defense. Avalanche gets rid of those pesky grass types, whilst Aerial Ace deals with fighting types and evasive poke's.

Lineback (Skarmory)
Sturdy - Jolly @ Salac Berry
~Spikes
~Whirlwind
~Roost
~Drill Peck
EVs: 252-Speed, 148-SpDef, 100-Def

Skarmory is more of a backup plan. It sets up any Spikes Roserade couldn't, then spams whirlwind for entry hazard damage. Roost to help keep it on the field, and Drill Beak is in case it gets Taunted.

MSL-XFV1 (Metagross)
Clear Body - Adamant @ Cutsap Berry
~Stealth Rocks
~Reflect
~Bullet Punch
~Explosion
EVs: 252-Attack, 152-SpDef, 100-Def

I love this set. It can set up MORE entry hazards, Reflect takes care of those oh-too-common EQ's. Bullet Punch keeps me from worrying about being too slow. And Cutsap allows Metagross to go out with a bang when it's low on health.

Daisy (Cacturn)
Sand Veil - Jolly @ Leichi Berry
~Substitute
~Leech Seed
~Sucker Punch
~Needle Arm
EVs: 200-Attack, 200-Speed, 108-Def

I forgot where I saw this strategy, but it works. Sand Veil raises evasiveness, so Cacturn can hide behind the Sub and Fire of STAB Sucker Punches. Leech Seed is there to keep it's health up as long as it can.

Salina (Gastrodon)
Storm Drain - Bold @ Leftovers
~Stockpile
~Recover
~Toxic
~Surf
EVs: 252-Hp, 200-SpDef, 56- Def

One of the best walls I've used. Stockpile gets both defenses up, Recover keeps the health up, Toxic whittles the opponent down, and Surf prevents it from being owned by Steel types.

So, that's the team. I was thinking about putting an attack move on Roserade, and maybe replacing Cacturn, but I don't know. Any comments and tips would be appreciated.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Roserade is complete Taunt bait. This set is better:
-Toxic Spikes
-Sleep Powder/Grasswhistle
-Leaf Storm/Grass Knot/Energy Ball
-Hidden Power (Fire/Ice)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Natural Cure

Give Tyraniboah a shot:
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Crunch/Dark Pulse
-Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Flamethrower
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 HP/60 Atk/176 SAtk/20 Spe
Item: Leftovers

You're wasting Skarmory's defensive potential; change its nature and EVs to this: Impish, 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef

Your Metagross set is better off in the lead slot, but I'd change it to this:
-Agility
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-ThunderPunch/Zen Headbutt
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 60 HP/252 Atk/196 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry

Focus Punch is better in place of Needle Arm because it has good synergy with Substitute and Sucker Punch.

torcoal

Ketsu!
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2013
Roserade is complete Taunt bait. This set is better:
-Toxic Spikes
-Sleep Powder/Grasswhistle
-Leaf Storm/Grass Knot/Energy Ball
-Hidden Power (Fire/Ice)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Natural Cure

Give Tyraniboah a shot:
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Crunch/Dark Pulse
-Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Flamethrower
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 HP/60 Atk/176 SAtk/20 Spe
Item: Leftovers

You're wasting Skarmory's defensive potential; change its nature and EVs to this: Impish, 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef

Your Metagross set is better off in the lead slot, but I'd change it to this:
-Agility
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-ThunderPunch/Zen Headbutt
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 60 HP/252 Atk/196 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry

Focus Punch is better in place of Needle Arm because it has good synergy with Substitute and Sucker Punch.

Actually, most of these sound like good ideas, but honestly, I like Metagross just where he is. I've used so much that I know exactly how to pull it off. I still might replace Skarmory and Cacturn if I find good replacements.

Back