• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
The addon I have I downloaded from Imgur's site, so it would be faster to search there than the google store.

Also @genderbending: I agree Ice Car. :( It is really common on PC and I'm not a fan. I find it kinda mean to mess with peoples' heads like that unless you really feel like your gender changes regularly.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Well, I know MidnightShine, Harlequin, Hikari, and myself are such people. And those are only the people I know. I thought I was unique alongside Hikari but NOPE, WRONG

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Well grabbed the imgur firefox add-on instead with all the DCC nagging about it XD;

As for gender-bending well depends on how people play up a different persona for their online/PC life compare to wherever else they go. To be honest, I don't really associate a PCer's gender to their gender tag as much as a male/female avatar XD; The picture is way more... catchy in the association game than the gender field specification.

Years
Yeah, not a fan of genderbending. It's obnoxious. :/

Obama wins Virginia:
2377311-1241822161356.jpg

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Yes, Retro Bug, the title is accurate lmao

Social Media is a real treat tonight, lmao. I love it.

Aha, I'm glad we both agree on this. Indisputable topic.

I really don't care about genderbending because I don't really care about people's gender unless they tell me so. Genderbend all you like.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
I only picked it up because I pretty much only use Female avatars and have girly themes. If I adjusted my posting style to be less boyish that would be good. By boyish I mean serious, cynical, *******ish, etc.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well grabbed the imgur firefox add-on instead with all the DCC nagging about it XD;

As for gender-bending well depends on how people play up a different persona for their online/PC life compare to wherever else they go. To be honest, I don't really associate a PCer's gender to their gender tag as much as a male/female avatar XD; The picture is way more... catchy in the association game than the gender field specification.

See that annoys me because...I have never once taken "female" out of my gender on PC. I chose female because I'm a female and would like to be referred to with female pronouns. Sometimes I use avatars that might be used on a male. But people should assume I'm female because it says I'm female, and if I use masculine avatars I get annoyed if I get referred to by a masculine pronoun because it's always been obvious with me. >_o

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Well, I know MidnightShine, Harlequin, Hikari, and myself are such people. And those are only the people I know. I thought I was unique alongside Hikari but NOPE, WRONG

Idgi. You say you hate gender bending and Hikari claims (Stress on 'claims') to be a genderbender.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
See that annoys me because...I have never once taken "female" out of my gender on PC. I chose female because I'm a female and would like to be referred to with female pronouns. Sometimes I use avatars that might be used on a male. But people should assume I'm female because it says I'm female, and if I use masculine avatars I get annoyed if I get referred to by a masculine pronoun because it's always been obvious with me. >_o
I don't think you understand the novelty of gender bending, in that you can **** with people.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
I'm going to go with the terrible sexist stereotype: "assume male unless stated otherwise."

Though I myself generally use female avatars too if there's characters in it, onionhead being the exception. As for the masculine pronoun problem, erm I guess that we can blame English. Another +1 to Japanese in a Pokemon board.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Idgi. You say you hate gender bending and Hikari claims (Stress on 'claims') to be a genderbender.
I don't hate "gender bending."

I'm going to go with the terrible sexist stereotype: "assume male unless stated otherwise."

Though I myself generally use female avatars too if there's characters in it, onionhead being the exception. As for the masculine pronoun problem, erm I guess that we can blame English. Another +1 to Japanese in a Pokemon board.
Pretty much this.

You can't help but assume when avatar, signature, and posting style match up so that it seems very much so. (See: MidnightShine)

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't think you understand the novelty of gender bending, in that you can **** with people.

I understand it and find it really rude and unnecessary. As someone who can be socially anxious in real life, I can understand people with social anxiety online, and feeling like they don't know how to refer to a person because they keep switching genders really adds to that anxiety and I just can't get behind intentionally upsetting people for the sole reason that they tried to refer to you on the internet. HOW DARE THEY

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Maaybe I'm not around enough gender benders but I don't see how it upsets people... If you're unsure of someone's gender why don't you just ask them? Or ask them what pronouns you should refer to them as. I didn't know it was that hard to do or offensive. Like, why is it even important? You can say "they" or other gender neutral pronouns.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
I understand it and find it really rude and unnecessary. As someone who can be socially anxious in real life, I can understand people with social anxiety online, and feeling like they don't know how to refer to a person because they keep switching genders really adds to that anxiety and I just can't get behind intentionally upsetting people for the sole reason that they tried to refer to you on the internet. HOW DARE THEY
I can perfectly understand your opinion.

I don't know, I find it kind of gratifying to have successfully tricked someone.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I guess I'm just more sensitive to the emotions of other people. I can't enjoy doing something if it upset/harmed another person, pranks are only fun when the victim isn't upset by it for me, lol. I really can't wrap my head around the other mindset because I've never been even close to it.

Edit: Live go away you have a politics thread go talk in that

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I think gender-bending can be fine if you're not comfortable with putting your real gender online, I guess. Or if you identify as a gender opposite of your given gender at birth. But to do it just to purposely screw with people is pretty messed up, honestly... :\

Like what Toujours said, basically; I kind of grew a bit of anxiety when referring to other peoples' genders on here because I usually think some of them are gender bending, unless something - like a post or VM or something - proves that they are not.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I used to change genders depending on what theme I was and what gender the person in my theme was. Not to genderbend but just to match the theme as a whole. The only thing I didn't change would have been my location since it's been the same since I joined. But now I'm just not listed (... I don't think I am. I don't have gender being listed in the postbit) because ... i'm not sure why. But I think it's obvious enough that I am female and I correct people who assume me to be male.

As for the elections ... I think I'm pretty done for the night. Doesn't look like I'll be getting my state's results tonight. Gdit Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back