• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Youkai Academy [OOC/SU][T]

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Um...I don't think that makes much sense; the brain power = resistance part. If that were the case. mages would be resistant to other mages, but their not, they just know how to counter magic with magic. I mean, I guess a mage could be more resistant to magic than other species, but if a mage where to be hit dead on by another mage's fire magic, they'd probably be burned to cinders.
I'd like to believe that Telekinesis/Psychokinesis is a sort of different form than magic, something that is hard if not impossible to break via spells or sorcery. Put simply, I think Telekinesis energy simply has the advantage over magic energy by power, while magic is far more expanse and can do much more in terms of strategy, if that makes sense.

And yes, it's nice to think of these monsters as 'Human Pokemon'.

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
In that case, we all know that traps are super effective against all! Mwuahaha. >;3

Sorry, couldn't resist. :P

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I'd like to believe that Telekinesis/Psychokinesis is a sort of different form than magic, something that is hard if not impossible to break via spells or sorcery. Put simply, I think Telekinesis energy simply has the advantage over magic energy by power, while magic is far more expanse and can do much more in terms of strategy, if that makes sense.

And yes, it's nice to think of these monsters as 'Human Pokemon'.
I don't like the idea of just considering magic as general thing, the branches are pretty important. As a mage, you have the ability to bend, conjure, and amplify the elements, as well as various other forces; it seems far too general...or limiting...to consider it a general thing. Not all magic deals with the elements of course, but if you one were able to subdue magic with mental abilities then I think they would also need to be able to subdue the elements (or the effects or severity of the elements) themselves. The only way I couldn't see this being the case is if the psycho were to somehow subdue the mage's source of magic, which varies with the type of mage (in Gavin's case, it's "Aether", a type of energy that exists in Hell).

Having said that, both mages and lycans are known for their incredible brain power, and thus, it would stand to reason that the two forces would create something of a stalemate. It's implied that brain power does indeed play into the power of a mage's spells, and as such it can very much parallel with tele/psycho abilities. Similarly, it's not inconceivable that with that same brain power mages could also wield the same abilities, unless they're unique to Lycans for some reason.

Though really, I'm not gelling this whole "Rock, Paper, Scissors" type way of looking at youkai, it seems too...shallow? Limiting? General?

...I honestly can't figure out which one fits most, but I'd probably say all of them fit the bill.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
In that case, we all know that traps are super effective against all! Mwuahaha. >;3

Sorry, couldn't resist. :P
Is Eva's favorite Star Wars character Admiral Ackbar?

@machomuu: That sounds like a decent idea too.

I think a mage's type of mind-power is more of an intelligence aspect, while a Lycan's is pretty much naturally built resistance and relies more on control than knowledge.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Can't we all just get along? Every time we argue, a trap doesn't get a hug! D:

pettanko.png

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Who was arguing?

Either way, I'd rather not make Yaoi (and I doubt machomuu would either) to make up for any argument.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
The reason I choosed to use strengths and weaknesses is because I hope the students will go to each to help out in certain battles because their race might be strong against the enemy ^^ that's all.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
That's a very Pokémon-y way to put it, Sapphy. It's pretty clear that youkai are going to have some kind of weakness, such as a snowperson's abilities degrading in heat and vampires being just plain useless in water (so they're screwed on a mermaid's home turf), but you can't rock-paper-scissors it so easily — especially when there's more than three.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
It's not stupid — it's just that it didn't need to be there, since the purpose is already fulfilled. These youkai are mostly teenagers. Their weaknesses are effectively amplified by having less-than-100% control over their abilities, so they need other students to provide assistance unless they're in their element. Back on the mermaid×vampire example, a vampire's screwed trying to take on a submerged mermaid, while on land the mermaid's dead. In each side, they would require at least one other student to cover for the disadvantage.

Also, concerning the fact that water needs to be diluted for a vampire to even touch it without feeling at least a little shock, do you think they'd be able to drink soda? |D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Also, Youkai don't necessarily need to have weaknesses and strengths that only involve beating each other up. ^_^ A Succubus won't make much use of their charm in battle, but they could use it to calm somebody down after a traumatic moment. A Yasha could summon a strong creature, like an ape, to help with building things, or a horse to help people get around. Even a Lamia could help teach people things, making them focus with brainwashing if need be.

Lots of uses for Youkai powers that don't involve combat. :3

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
...The h***? All this fuss I wasn't around for? Whatever. Like I care if a bunch of weaklings want to dialogue with each other over useless information.

Frankly, snowpeople can't make curry.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Hope I haven't missed anything was busy with volunteer work today then fell ill when i got home. I'll make my post tomorrow after i do my schoolwork.

Also: next week is my Spring Break so I'll be able to post more

Back