Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games
Reload this Page [Demo] Pokemon Journey of Possibilities

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Should I add in pokemon following the character?
Yes 40 88.89%
No 5 11.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 25th, 2013 (04:19 PM).
carmaniac
Where the pickle surprise at?

Nature: Relaxed
Quote orignally posted by Prof Oakley:
Homeys, homeys, homeys, girls, girls, girls!
Spoiler:
I buggine a video fo tha ntro begnnng part thng of dis gbee! :D It's ben uploaded ta youtube as I be typng dis and it's ALMOST done, so I shall post it on dis post and tha first post whenever it chooses ta be done wit <3 If you want ta see tha gbee befoe you play than it's a good glimpse nta tha first few mnutes (it's actually 8 but you can zoom though it n bout 3 if you know you don't have ta listen ta Juniper rbeble on bout tha isna).

I'm gong ta work on tha isna battles from now on though, so expect tha fnished isna and tha beta ta release tham n bout a months time, maybe 3 weeks. I have a facebook page lnked n mah signature that I post real time updates and just random junk I want ta post. You'll probably know thare befoe you know here how close I be ta tha beta. Right, video is at 86% so try agan n anothar half an hour if it isn't already on dis post and tha orignal post

<3 Thank you and have a funky ass day <3

EDIT: Here it is <3

Spoiler:
More thugz really need ta check dis thread out and post n it, anyway; so after watchng tha video, I can see you're makng pretty good progress wit tha current content provided as just tha begnnng of tha gbee, I do have a couple of thngs ta pick at however. Tha songs fo nstance, thay seem like really odd choices, although tha concept ta tham is a good start, I feel thay need quite a bit of improvement, tha song fo tha player home seemed quite depressng XD. Othar than that I sez keep up tha work n that section. On ta mappng, you have a good basic understandng of makng tha maps more fluid n terms of makng tha player have ta takes alternate routes, although you could try practice a bit more when it comes ta placement of objects and grass. Dawgly coz, when you showed tha route, it didn't seem all tao appealng ta see that much tall grass all clumped tagithar, I'd suggest ta break it up and add n some objects that would foce tha player nta tha wild grass a bit more, but also ta provide a slight short cut out of tha grass as well, just ta give that variation of tha route. Othar than those ponts thare's not much else I can really sez, yo content is quite good event wise, you've gots a good understandng of mappng, and you don't brng tao much of a clash ta overworld styles, although I'd ncrease tha contrast/saturation a bit ta make tha tiles and characters match a bit better. Good job so far.

Pokémon: Lost Souls.

Developed by Ridedawgiac.
Old January 26th, 2013 (03:38 PM).
Prof Oakley
JourneyofPossibilities Creator

Nature: Quiet
Quote orignally posted by ridedawgiac:
More thugz really need ta check dis thread out and post n it, anyway; so after watchng tha video, I can see you're makng pretty good progress wit tha current content provided as just tha begnnng of tha gbee, I do have a couple of thngs ta pick at however. Tha songs fo nstance, thay seem like really odd choices, although tha concept ta tham is a good start, I feel thay need quite a bit of improvement, tha song fo tha player home seemed quite depressng XD. Othar than that I sez keep up tha work n that section. On ta mappng, you have a good basic understandng of makng tha maps more fluid n terms of makng tha player have ta takes alternate routes, although you could try practice a bit more when it comes ta placement of objects and grass. Dawgly coz, when you showed tha route, it didn't seem all tao appealng ta see that much tall grass all clumped tagithar, I'd suggest ta break it up and add n some objects that would foce tha player nta tha wild grass a bit more, but also ta provide a slight short cut out of tha grass as well, just ta give that variation of tha route. Othar than those ponts thare's not much else I can really sez, yo content is quite good event wise, you've gots a good understandng of mappng, and you don't brng tao much of a clash ta overworld styles, although I'd ncrease tha contrast/saturation a bit ta make tha tiles and characters match a bit better. Good job so far.
Tha ntro isa shown n tha video is only played n tha begnnng wit what I showed plus a few random nhabitants of tha Village, no pokemon or battles and you can't go back ta it agan. I will probably fiddle around wit tha music, but I won't do much until I have music everywhere else. (Which hopefully isn't as odd of choices as tha begnnng isas were.)

I keep fiddlng wit tha maps every so often though and makng tham better so I can make maps that is realistic and enjoyable even though thare isn't dawgy n dis gbee. Tha objects and grass is always wrong wit me fo some reason, I eithar have tao dawgy or not enough. I do thnk I'm a lot better than I used ta be, but I know it isn't perfect. Tha big clump of tall grass is mostly just supposed ta be a filler and be large enough ta make playas question why thay isn't encounterng pokemon as that goes wit tha post-stary.

Thanks fo tha feedback though, you wn tha award fo tha most helpful critic.
Tha blog is tha place fo where I update n more blog fom bout those tapics and mah personal life as well.
~~~
Othars
Gbee Guides on Hubpages, DeviantART, Wattpad (Staries)
Old February 1st, 2013 (09:22 AM).
Prof Oakley

Gah, I'm tryng so hard ta work on dis gbee but I'm n school or busy wit school related stuff most of tha time and tha rest of it I mostly want ta relax. ._. I be workng on dis, so don't worry if anyone actually watches dis project. Tha traners is slowly ben added n, I'm slowly testng through tha isnas, and I'm addng n various features (agan, slowly).

I just added n Gloria tha spa lady, she will groom yo pokemon fo happness and Millie tha footprnt rater, she looks at yo pokemon's footprnt ta see if yo pokemon likes you and gives a ribbon if thay love you enough. Not dawgy NPCs left ta add n fo features, I thnk. Mostly item givers or pokemon givers, a few need scripts first or a tutarial at least, and than tha fillers that give out random hnts fo tha post stary or just junk ta throw you off course and tha ones that just like ta blabber bout nothng.

I said earlier that tha Isna will try ta be fnished by tha end of mah Wnter Break, which is tha week of tha 18th of dis month. Still seems like a good goal, but only if I contnue ta work on it semi-daily. Agan, keep an eye on tha Isna spoiler n tha updates section.

Seriously lookng fo feedback from thugz who have played tha gbee past tha ntroduction isas (tha part n tha video). If you don't want ta post on here (or can't) you can message me on mah facebook page, comment on mah da account page, or any of tha othar various lnks n mah signature. I can't fnd every sngle bug mahself, though I do try ta git as dawgy befoe I release it. Unless one person is just messng wit me and downloadng it a tan of times, thare is plenty of thugz that at least downloaded tha gbee and I doubt nobody that downloaded it just left it thare. If everythng works out fne, that's still somethng I'd like ta know.

All done rantng, I'm gong ta work on tha traners some more, lots ta do befoe beta 4.0 can be released. (4.0 will come n a .zip and .rar fomat already unzipped from tha sun icon so thugz don't have that issue as some have supposedly had difficulties.) Thank you if you read dis whole progress update.
Tha blog is tha place fo where I update n more blog fom bout those tapics and mah personal life as well.
~~~
Othars
Old February 17th, 2013 (11:28 AM).
Prof Oakley

Time fo an update snce tha hoped next beta release date is comng close, it's not gong ta happen that soon. I stapped workng on it as often as I was and now I'm knda bisly not even workng on it. Here's what I have done and what I have left fo tha next beta though <3

Done:
~Kecleon wild encounters (might want ta save yo gbee outside of tha wild zones so you don't git trapped by tham, unless you have an escape rope) He's hidden and you need tha Devon Scope ta fnd him (isna rewards) and you do have ta rap ta him befoe you can battle, but he appears and it works, so yay. (Thare is eithar 5 or 10 of him and he's gong ta have an NPC trade as well)
Spoiler:

~Isna Traners (all 35, all 40, 45 fightng, 45 ghost)

Ta Do:
~Kecleon, Tagepi, and Smeargle trades/gifts
~Isna Traners (45 poison, all 50, all 55)
~Isna Pokemon (all 35-55)
(optionals)
~Some Achievement Takens
~Start of traner school

So, I'm bout 1/4 of tha way through tha rest of tha Isna and almost fnished tha pokemon (excludng legendaries). That was tha goal fo tha next beta so it will most likely happen befoe May, but not tha end of dis week. I'll try ta work on it at least one day a week, fo a few hours straight, which will git me quite far. Addng n pokemon shouldn't takes tao long, snce I don't really worry bout balance or makng tha battles tao difficult. Should takes bout an hour per match set (all level 35 isnas, fo exbeple) once I git tha traners added n.

I'll do anothar update when it's been a few weeks or I'm done tha traners/some othar big progress goal.
~~~
Othars
Old March 15th, 2013 (10:34 AM).
Prof Oakley

Been awhile snce I last updated ._. I'm bad, I know. Snce I updated I gots a new computer, so I have been playng wit all tha new wndows 8 features and such, not so much workng on dis gbee. But I do have most of tha Isna set up and all pokemon is added n. I don't know if I said dis befoe, but tha legends museum is also set up wit tha statues ready ta be added once I make tham. I have tha post stary all drafted out, I just need ta tweak it some more so it isn't tao cliche.

Isna: I only have tha Ice pokemon traners ta add n, than I can start addng n pokemon fo 30-end.
Wild Pokemon: All fnished except tha Kecleon trade if I want ta add it n later.
Overall Progress fo Beta 4.0: Almost thare, maybe. Hopefully by May I have it out <3
~~~
Othars
Old May 19th, 2013 (02:43 PM).
Prof Oakley

Uhm, been awhile agan, but I started workng on tha gbee taday. All fnished wit tha traners fo tha isna (mnus tha chbepion) but I appisntly can't battle on dis laptap, not sure if it is coz of wndows 8 or what, though. I'll fiddle around wit tha permissions and properties fo rpg maker, but I migh have ta just add n pokemon tha long way and not be able ta test tha actual challenges.

I'm also gittng a drawng tablet fo mah birthday so n bout a week I'm gong ta start tryng ta draw better art fo dis and mah idea fo mah next gbee. It won't have traners n it so dis issue shouldn't effect it, so I might switch ta workng on it earlier than planned and give up on dis (testng wise).

I'm also fnished mah first semester of college, so I have literally nothng ta do until September, hopng ta work on dis fo some of tha time. Well, off ta figure out tha issue and a possible correction, sorry fo mah absence ta tha probably 0 thugz who keep an eye on it.
~~~
Othars
Old May 19th, 2013 (03:00 PM).
EpicJackman
Ace Attorney

But I keep an eye on it. Me gusta dis gbee.

I'm not sure why I still use GPXPlus...
Old May 25th, 2013 (04:40 PM).
Prof Oakley

Quote orignally posted by EpicJackdawg:
But I keep an eye on it. Me gusta dis gbee.
<3 I have good news fo you than, thare's a new beta available now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Almost exactly a year after mah first gbee's first beta release, tha fourth beta fo JoP is available fo tha player! I recommend startng a new gbee if you haven't gotsten very far as tha begnnng zone has new maps and although nothng else changed n that isa, thare is now vs screens and last pokemon messages on previously released Isna challenges.

Speakng of tha Isna, it is complete! Which is both good and bad. Seeng as how I can't battle on mah laptap, I have no idea how I'm supposed ta test tha post stary (which is tha next step) witout someone else's help. I could possibly provide a save fo someone that would want ta help me, or anyone that beat tha isna up ta tha po-po call could help me test if thay is willng ta be patient wit mah lbee nternet (it likes ta go out when i want ta use it fo more than random browsng >->)

So, download tha new version, shis wit yo friends, help me if you want ta, and do whatever else fans of fan gbees do! Although I do have times when I don't go on here fo awhile... but i'm hopng ta check n often otharwise you can always message mah facebook page found n mah signature. I'll probably work on mah side project until dis is out fo awhile, no sense is settng up a post stary if I can't test it or if I have ta release bug fixs ta 4.0 n tha middle of it.

Right, I'm gong back ta writng up tha post stary so it makes sense but isn't tao cliche, I hope you enjoy tha gbee I worked so hard on! I have a birthday ta prepis fo ;3
~~~
Othars
Old May 25th, 2013 (06:14 PM).
EpicJackman
Ace Attorney

Sadly, snce it's summer, you'd have a lot more time ta work on it. Anyways, I'll play it later!

I'm not sure why I still use GPXPlus...
Old June 9th, 2013 (09:36 AM). Edited June 9th, 2013 by Prof Oakley.
Prof Oakley

Still lookng fo thugz ta help me wit testng and post stary stuff. If you can't git tha gbee ta work fo you, you can still help by givng feedback on how tha stary would be played n tha gbee. I'll be puttng it on a gizoogle doc and puttng a lnk on tha thread so thugz can comment on it witout havng ta download a file.

Pleaze though, I can't test tha gbee witout help and I don't want ta do everythng on tha post stary just ta have thugz thnk it's a bad idea (which will happen anyway but I'd like othar thugz's nput anyway). I can't really work on anythng but graphics and TMs fo dis until I git help.

Current beta goes all tha way ta level 55 isnas, so it's basically a full gbee... I just have ta add n tha stary lne... which is mah problem isa. I'll make a list of what I can do fo dis gbee witout needng othar thugz's help, but unless I can git a lot of additions it won't go ta 4.1 or 5.0 witout help. I'd also appreciate if thugz could add n thair comments ta dis thread (as long as it follows site rules) so I don't have ta keep tha thread alive.

EDIT: Here's tha lnk ta tha document wit tha stary, warnng it does contan spoilers as it is tha guide fo how tha player will work through tha stary. Pleaze don't copy, screenshot, or distrubute it (except tha lnk ta tha document itself) as I will be removng it once I release tha beta. I want thugz ta be able ta figure it out and I know if thare's a guide fo a gbee, I'll use it nstead of mah bran. ._. Dis is fo tha feedback and branstarmng part befoe I release it ta everyone, so I BE lookng fo comments on it or post tham here.
https://docs.gizoogle.com/document/d/1ZtnwKy4oVSREj8LnZjJsAO_wI6N-GUv8QL3MzQ5g3w/edit?usp=sharng
~~~
Othars
Old June 9th, 2013 (10:34 AM).
Dradier234

Nature: Careful
Okay, I buggine up mah mnd, I'm playng dis gbee, I'll give you feedback afterwards.
Old June 9th, 2013 (05:28 PM).
Prof Oakley

Quote orignally posted by Dradier234:
Okay, I buggine up mah mnd, I'm playng dis gbee, I'll give you feedback afterwards.
Thank you oh so very much! I hope you don't tatally hate it :33
~~~
Othars
Old August 15th, 2013 (06:49 AM).
Prof Oakley

Still waitng on feedback and offers of help .-. I can't do anythng witout it homeys. Been a year snce I started and I really don't want ta quit coz of a stupid laptap issue.
~~~
Othars
Old August 15th, 2013 (08:04 AM). Edited August 15th, 2013 by Saving Raven.
Saving Raven
#BAMFPokemonNerd

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
I was hopng ta try some othar gbees, but that's mnot gatna happen. So I'll try out yos and see what's up

So I tried it and it gots really laggy right away

I liked tha ridiculous music you chose, but halfway through playng I gots bored wit havng little ta actually do, but I went ta tha battle isna and tried tha normal battle and gots ta tha traner and it froze - at first I thought it was loadng but after 10 mns I decided ta end it thare

I found errors, n eevee village: tha laptap n tha PC is cut off by tha edge of tha table

also, fo tha doors and matts you shouldnt be able ta walk on tap of tha doors, while you shouldnt be able ta walk on tha bottam of tha mat when leavng

n tha big city tha roof ta tha fossil hunter misnt set properly, when you is under tha roof you can see tha tap of yo heezee, it should be set so priority 2, nstead of 1

I was disapponted wit tha lack of actual gbeeplay and just gots bored and it ended when I tried ta battle and couldnt

~Mah Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Gbee Download~

Old August 16th, 2013 (05:44 AM).
Prof Oakley

Quote orignally posted by Savng Raven:
I was hopng ta try some othar gbees, but that's mnot gatna happen. So I'll try out yos and see what's up

So I tried it and it gots really laggy right away

I liked tha ridiculous music you chose, but halfway through playng I gots bored wit havng little ta actually do, but I went ta tha battle isna and tried tha normal battle and gots ta tha traner and it froze - at first I thought it was loadng but after 10 mns I decided ta end it thare

I found errors, n eevee village: tha laptap n tha PC is cut off by tha edge of tha table

also, fo tha doors and matts you shouldnt be able ta walk on tap of tha doors, while you shouldnt be able ta walk on tha bottam of tha mat when leavng

n tha big city tha roof ta tha fossil hunter misnt set properly, when you is under tha roof you can see tha tap of yo heezee, it should be set so priority 2, nstead of 1

I was disapponted wit tha lack of actual gbeeplay and just gots bored and it ended when I tried ta battle and couldnt
So it isn't mah laptap, its tha gbee. Which means I have no idea how ta fix it. Oh well. Maybe I'll start completely over or somethng some day. Thanks fo actually tellng me nstead of lettng me contnue ta wonder bout it. Mah next goal was ta add more actual stuff ta do befoe tha post stary starts and than tha post stary but if you can't even play well, no pont.

Guess I'll work on writng it out better dis time, but fo now I guess tha gbee's on hold.
~~~
Othars
Old September 21st, 2013 (04:43 PM).
KJY2J

Not sure if you know of dis bug yet or not, but I just gots ta tha city, and went ta catch mah first pokemon. I've tried both tha water zone, and electric zone and when I caught tha pokemon it was not added ta mah tebe, I've also checked tha PC and it's not thare eithar.
Old September 22nd, 2013 (05:47 AM). Edited September 22nd, 2013 by Konekodemon.
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
I thnk tha only ones you should change is tha ones who need a certan isa ta evolve and tha trade evolutions. Tha othars didn't really need ta be changed n how thay evolve. Like I liked it that Slowpoke evolved from tha Kng's Rock. Oh and friendship evolutions could be changed ta level evolves tao.

Also you need ta fix dis ta allow 9 characters fo yo nbee. Mah nbee is very long.

And I can't play dis. Text is all jumbled up, so badly I can't read it.

Pleaze check out mah NuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you thnk.
Sign up fo Vizzard ta play free Retro Gbees onlne: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=231549&bep;ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links