• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Hey, do you mind if I do some Trainer Text for you? It will have a whole new feeling to this game. I am already editing some Trainer Dialoges already.

Edit: Game freezes when go to Saffron City's Gym.

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Hey, do you mind if I do some Trainer Text for you? It will have a whole new feeling to this game. I am already editing some Trainer Dialoges already.

Edit: Game freezes when go to Saffron City's Gym.

Sure you can do some trainer texts for the ones I haven't changed - can you make them no longer than the original? It would make it easier for me that way.

I fixed the Saffron Gym part:

AshGray 1.68

It also includes the in progress Sparks Fly for Magnemite event.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
This is just my opinion but I think you shouldn't give any more releases until beta 2.
Then fix the bugs which people tell here (release beta 2.1) and then hack up to beta 3.

It just seems weird that you're updating the patch file almost every day :|

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
This is just my opinion but I think you shouldn't give any more releases until beta 2.
Then fix the bugs which people tell here (release beta 2.1) and then hack up to beta 3.

It just seems weird that you're updating the patch file almost every day :|

Meh, it doesn't matter to me. I want to have all the bugs fixed and to have the latest version playable all the way through, so that's what I'm going to make happen. I only released the version with the Primeape event because I had taken a break from the game for a while, and only released the subsequent ones because I was made aware of some major bugs that prevented playing the game up until the current event. For me, there's nothing weird about it.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
I think its a pretty good idea as if you finish one of the episodes and it feels as if the game is over, then you can patch the next episode.

Denali

C++ Programmer
Years
The Bug Report

Hey Metapod! Denali The Bug Report Master is back!
Sry for not reporting for awhile...Anyways, here it goes...
Spoiler:

I'm only as far as facing Brock, so I'll update The Bug Report as soon as possible. And sry about how picky my 'bugs' are...
If you have any questions or concerns about any of my reports, just pm me.
Thanks Metapod,
-Denali

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Just downloaded the patch and can't wait to play it:). Good job, this is my second patch I'll be playing

Denali

C++ Programmer
Years
The Bug Report #2

Hey Metapod, I just arrived on the S.S. Anne and here are all the bugs I found since my last post. Enjoy...

Spoiler:

And as always, just pm me if you have any concerns or questions about my critiqueing. Oh yeah, and if you need anyone to officially beta test Ashgray, I can help in any way you want me to.
Thanks,
-Denali

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Spoiler:

Some ain't even problems.
I'll list them out:

1. Like the Tech Center one, it's normal to jump like being afraid of somethin' when you read someone's notes. That's a reaction, get it?

2. You actually spelt Cerulean wrong too.

3. It's not a big deal.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Denali, thank you for the reports! I appreciate them. :)

Don't worry about being picky, 'cause I'm a perfectionist anyway and am uber-picky myself!

In the first post, though, all the pictures are dead, which will make it hard for me to fix them without reference.

... And as a general update ... I've been busy with work, so I don't have any. I have tomorrow off, so I'll see what I can do.

bbigman76

Elite 4 Member
Years
no offense but this hack is already made called ashs quest make sure its different

just letting u know but it sounds awesome

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Uhm where's flash and why don't I compete for that P1 championship. When I go in the guy says congratulations and everythings done. Then when I go out there a girl infront of the door and i can walk over her

Back