• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald: Hard Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
2016/3/2 UPDATE: Emerald- Hard Edition.ips is the new patch file, old one left for reference (undownloadable)

Emerald: Hard Edition

Current Release: Beta 1.03

Introduction:

Welcome to Pokémon Emerald: Hard Edition, this is what I call a 'enhancement' of Pokémon Emerald, which is basically Pokémon Emerald, same storyline, same trainers, same gym leaders ect. but with a few added features, this is not to impress anyone but to simply make this game a little more challenging and fun, I personally made this for myself just as a challenge for me but I thought why not share it and see how others enjoy it. I am aware there are others like this, i.e Pokémon Emerald 386, but this game focuses on the difficulty concept rather than All 386 Pokémon being catchable, hence the name.
Bare in mind that this game is still at early stages so it has very few featurs but if it's gets positive feedback then I will proceed to add more features and make this enhancement better, this is really just a test, you may think that this is simple and that it only takes a couple of hours to edit the features I have created in this but editing EVERY trainers, Gym Leaders, Rivals, Grunts, Elite Fours Pokémon takes ALOT of time, effort, coordination and patience as you have to get it correct and set the reasonable levels for that certain area, I found myself working on this for 3, nearly 4 days which included ALOT of planning and preporation and I think I've put quite alot of hard work into this so I hope you enjoy this as I have tried to make it as hard, but fun as possible!

Features:
  • Increased Difficulty
  • Gym Leaders all have teams of six with ALOT higher levels!
  • Trainers difficulty and level increased, including ALL trainers in Hoenn, ALL Magma/Aqua Grunts, Admins & Leaders and your Rivals team is much more complex, that's right, no more having to put up with Mamga & Aqua grunts using the same Pokémon over & over!
  • Rematch trainers edited to a very high level. This means EVERY trainer & Gym Leader registared into the Pokénav, when you rebattle them, their teams will be ALOT stonger, and tougher!
  • Elite Four Team tweaked, every member has 6 Pokémon plus higher levels.
  • EVERY trainer has been edited, some with there original team, some with different Pokémon and harder Pokémon, this also includes Team Magma & Aqua grunts, Admins, Leaders and your rival.
  • All 386 Pokémon obtainable in the grass areas, caves, water, all around Hoenn!
  • Evolutions changed, i.e Kadabra would normally evolve to Alakazam via trade but now Kadabra evovles to Alakazam at level 40. (See List Below)
  • More features to come!
Screenshots:
Get the National Dex from Prof. Rowan in Petalburg City!

Rowan-NationalDex1.png
Rowan-NationalDex2.png

All Gym Leaders have SIX Pokémon!

PokemonEmerald_01.png
VSBrawly.png
VsWattson.png
VsFlannery.png
VsNorman.png
VsTateLiza.png
VsJuan.png

Yet to add Winona.

Evolutionary Changes:
Haunter > Gengar (Level 41)
Togepi > Togetic (Level 35)
Poliwhirl > Politoed (Level 44)
Graveler > Golem (Level 45)
Kadabra > Alakazam (Level 40)
Machoke > Machamp (Level 48)
Eevee > Umbreon (Item: Moon Stone)
Eevee > Espeon (Item: Sun Stone)
Porygon > Porygon 2 (Level 47)
Seadra > Kingdra (Item: Water Stone)
Slowpoke > Slowking (Item: Moon Stone)
Onix > Steelix (Level 45)
Scyther > Scizor (Level 40)
Clamperl > Gorebyss (Item: Moon Stone)
Clamperl > Huntail (Item: Water Stone)

Features in Beta 1.01

• Trainers difficulty and level increased, including ALL trainers in Hoenn, ALL Magma/Aqua Grunts, Admins & Leaders and your Rivals team is much more complex Also, Steven has a team of very high levels so be warned
  • Rematch trainers, gyms & rival edited to a very high level.
  • Elite Four Team slightly changed and at a higher level
  • No more constant Poochyenas & Zubats battles for Team Magma & Aqua!
  • All 386 Pokémon Obtainable (Johto, Kanto & Hoenn)
  • Evolution Changes
Please leave your feedback in order to make the game better, is the game too hard, too easy, do things need changing ect, errors, bugs ect.

*If you encounter any bugs, please let me know VIA PM/VM. I am aware that SOME trainers have not been fully edited i.e trainers in the water Routes ect. if you come across any of these, please let me know with their names, thanks! the majorty of trainers have been edited.

*I reccommend that you play as the male character as I have only edited May's team at this current moment, if you play as May then Brendans team will NOT be edited.

That's enough from me, so have fun! ~ Beta 1.03 Released!

Attachments

• Emerald- Hard Edition.ips
    31.2 KB · Views: 5,356
Last edited by a moderator:

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
i took a look at the gym leaders beforehand for a little easy play
and OMFG omastar at roxanne
this is EXTREMELY hard and great job

blue

gucci
Years
i took a look at the gym leaders beforehand for a little easy play
and OMFG omastar at roxanne
this is EXTREMELY hard and great job

Yeah, I'm just having a proper play through it now and with a sturdy team of 4 Pokémon all above 15 it took me several trys and thanks :)!

rayquaza911

Legendary Pokemon
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 27, 2013
Just wanted to point an error in your WORD document, it says Squirtle, Treecko and Cyndaquil can be chosen as starters... only the hoenn starters are selectable from Birch's bag.

PS: I started with Torchic... only to find another Torchic on route 104 lmao!!! Too lazy to restart. Roxanne easily defeated with Lv.16 Ivysaur and Lv.20 Combusken, but damn those are crazy high levels man, I'm a bit nervous of what's to come. Brawly is a challenge though, nice choice of his Pokemon. Also in Dewford Town the guy on the beach has a Lv.44 Lapras (Somehow I managed to kill it). Might want to lower that to 24 in my opinion.

PPS: I've reached the dead end of your beta. When I greet Capt. Stern, I battle Team Aqua and he has a Glalie Lv.70... o_o (Only after 2 badges lulz) I hope I don't have to restart the game if this is fixed.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Just wanted to point an error in your WORD document, it says Squirtle, Treecko and Cyndaquil can be chosen as starters... only the hoenn starters are selectable from Birch's bag.

PS: I started with Torchic... only to find another Torchic on route 104 lmao!!! Too lazy to restart. Roxanne easily defeated with Lv.16 Ivysaur and Lv.20 Combusken, but damn those are crazy high levels man, I'm a bit nervous of what's to come. Brawly is a challenge though, nice choice of his Pokemon. Also in Dewford Town the guy on the beach has a Lv.44 Lapras (Somehow I managed to kill it). Might want to lower that to 24 in my opinion.

PPS: I've reached the dead end of your beta. When I greet Capt. Stern, I battle Team Aqua and he has a Glalie Lv.70... o_o (Only after 2 badges lulz) I hope I don't have to restart the game if this is fixed.

Thanks for pointing them out, I was positive that there would be some trainer data mixed up, I'll get them fixed ASAP.

Edit: I just encountered that problem and also the Fisher with the Level 44 Lapras, I've fixed them both and am continuing to look for more errors, thanks.

Last edited:

rayquaza911

Legendary Pokemon
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 27, 2013
After a few hours of training, I did the impossible lol.

Team:
Blaziken 36
Kadabra 26
Ivysaur 26
Cyndaquil 6
Zubat 13

Defeated

Grunt 1:
Glalie 70
Cacturne 70

Grunt 2:
Venomoth 59
Muk 58
Weezing 59

I deserve a gold medal, titled Pokemon Master HAHA!

Now continuing my journey.

rayquaza911

Legendary Pokemon
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 27, 2013
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk289/rayquaza911/PokemonEmeraldGBA.png (Won't allow me to post links...)

I beat the game yay. It was very hard I must tell you, but some trainers early on are way overpowered, due to mistakenly over-leveling them. Yet the Hoenn League was easy to be honest.

My team:
Rayquaza 71
Alakazam 67
Swampert 68
Charizard 67
Blaziken 66
Venusaur 67

Since this is a beta I would like to point a few errors or suggestions for you:

-Some of the trainers on the water routes weren't edited
-Some trainers only had their 1st Pokemon edited, the rest no.
-I don't know if this is fixable, but the clock doesn't seem to work. It stays in place forever, meaning I can't get to the bottom of the Shoal Cave because the water is risen [I wanted a Squirtle :( ]
-The SS Tidal trainers are not edited.
-A few trainers I've written down that were overpowered;
1. Mt. Chimney (Crobat/Dugtrio Lv.63)
2. Route 123 (Pinsir/Absol Lv.66)
3. Route 123 (Latios/Latias Lv. 64)
4. Route 123 (Roselia 65, Gloom 65, Exeggutor 66, Weepinbell 66)
5. Magma Hideout Leader Maxie (Entei 77 I believe)
6. Leader Winona is too high
- I don't think it's a good idea to shove every legendary in Artisan Cave. Can they be place in the open and all you simply have to do is interact with them?
- Mewtwo/Celebi/Jirachi shouldn't be in the Safari Zone (Yes it took me hell of a time to catch them....)
- Prof. Rowan giving you national dex didn't work, while registering in the HOF Charizard and Venusaur had No.??? they were not recognized.
-Would you be putting people in Pokemon Marts or other places so they can give you tickets to go to Birth Island, Southern Island, etc. ?
- You left Steven unedited but edited the wild Pokemon in there.

blue

gucci
Years
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk289/rayquaza911/PokemonEmeraldGBA.png (Won't allow me to post links...)

I beat the game yay. It was very hard I must tell you, but some trainers early on are way overpowered, due to mistakenly over-leveling them. Yet the Hoenn League was easy to be honest.

My team:
Rayquaza 71
Alakazam 67
Swampert 68
Charizard 67
Blaziken 66
Venusaur 67

Since this is a beta I would like to point a few errors or suggestions for you:

-Some of the trainers on the water routes weren't edited
-Some trainers only had their 1st Pokemon edited, the rest no.
-I don't know if this is fixable, but the clock doesn't seem to work. It stays in place forever, meaning I can't get to the bottom of the Shoal Cave because the water is risen [I wanted a Squirtle :( ]
-The SS Tidal trainers are not edited.
-A few trainers I've written down that were overpowered;
1. Mt. Chimney (Crobat/Dugtrio Lv.63)
2. Route 123 (Pinsir/Absol Lv.66)
3. Route 123 (Latios/Latias Lv. 64)
4. Route 123 (Roselia 65, Gloom 65, Exeggutor 66, Weepinbell 66)
5. Magma Hideout Leader Maxie (Entei 77 I believe)
6. Leader Winona is too high
- I don't think it's a good idea to shove every legendary in Artisan Cave. Can they be place in the open and all you simply have to do is interact with them?
- Mewtwo/Celebi/Jirachi shouldn't be in the Safari Zone (Yes it took me hell of a time to catch them....)
- Prof. Rowan giving you national dex didn't work, while registering in the HOF Charizard and Venusaur had No.??? they were not recognized.
-Would you be putting people in Pokemon Marts or other places so they can give you tickets to go to Birth Island, Southern Island, etc. ?
- You left Steven unedited but edited the wild Pokemon in there.

Well done for completing, and about your points, I've been editing them over the past couple of days and alot of the points you have mentioned, i.e Water trainers not edited, Team Magma & Aqua grunts, trainers on Route 123, Mt. Chimney, ect are edited, I've yet to edit some other things though Like Steven, I was aware that I hadn't edited Steven yet, nor have I edited Gym rematches and several others i.e the S.S Tidal, they are all on my list of things to edit, but thank-you for mentioning them, Like I said it was a release to get feedback.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
The first post's edit said he took it down because he was fixing bugs in the hack.

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2016
So this is similar to FireRed Omega, in Emerald form?
Hm, I may have to decide between this hack or Emerald 386 for my GEneration 3 hack LP!

blue

gucci
Years
Hey guys, sorry about the downtime, there's been alot of bugs and I've been fixing them as I've been playing along, I'll upload the beta shortly!

EDIT: Beta's back up guys, Enjoy!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
Test it now..
One question before: Did you thought of reducing xp gained? Impossible say hello!

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
Will try this soon. Its amazing how a harder game can get my interest. I guess I was just bored of the original easy game :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2011
it is great so far. One thing i like to point out is that one trainer by the beach has still 2 tencools level 12 (it is by the beach on route 109).
Where the volcanic ash is the text says she has a numel but she has a rosalia.

rayquaza911

Legendary Pokemon
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 27, 2013
Thought I'd share these, gameplay from your hack. I love Emerald, especially the fact you get Rayquaza before the Elite Four.

blue

gucci
Years
Thought I'd share these, gameplay from your hack. I love Emerald, especially the fact you get Rayquaza before the Elite Four.

Nice Videos, I haven't done any edits to it yet since I uploaded the new Beta last week, as my Computers been broken I did notice that Jynx was Level 53 instead of 73, that I will fix.

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
Why do you get the national pokedex in Petalberg city? Why not when you first get your regional pokedex!?!?

Just beat Steven's level 99 Pokemon Team!!

(My team)

Charizard lvl 100
Rayquaza lvl 100
Blaziken lvl 100
Alakazam lvl 100 (super breed 5 times)
Venasaur lvl 97 (super breed 2 times)
Blaziken lvl 100 (breeded from my original blaziken.)

and A whole lot of Revives, Fullrestores and others...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back