• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.95 Open Beta

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
Years
I can't load the beta version. When I start it up it tells me to select a language, but there isn't a language on the list to select, so I end up closing the window and the program stops loading... I was reading through the comments, and well I guess I'm the only one this happened to?

I got this error because I had it in a folder called "Pokéhacks". When I renamed it to "Pokehacks" it worked.

EDIT:

Also, not so much a bug as a complaint, but when I set things to double view size they get smoothed or blurry. Could you change this to crisp, sharp pixel lines?
Screenie:
iaza19174449393100.png

I'd like all the tiles to look how they do in the big block selection, otherwise I feel like I need glasses :/

Last edited:

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
Nice work. I only have one issue with this though.
How come it lets you view the seasons and times of day, but doesn't let you make things different?
For instance, if I go to Winter and try to make the weather snow, it'll be snow for all seasons, and if I try to make Dustox appear only at night, it'll appear all times in the day.
What's the actual purpose of viewing time/seasons? seriously...
Have you inserted a RTC into firered?
If you haven't, Try this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=246089

Ray Laé Àlfori

Majarath F.
Years
This is a wonderful tool ^^ Really, thank you very much for it. What would we do without Advance Map? xD

I like the improvements of the new version. I only had a disappointment, though: I expected you to implement the tile animation editor in the block editor, so it'd be easier and faster to use. But well... no problem.

What annoys me the most about A-Map 1.95, however, is the lack of transparency =/ When you edit the maps, you can only see the "top layer" of the tiles (and that's annoying, because you don't see if the tiles look alright together or not), and the same with the overworlds in the events editor. I suppose that you don't know yet how to do the transparencies in the new programming system you're using, or something. I hope you fix it in the definitive version =)

How come it lets you view the seasons and times of day, but doesn't let you make things different?
For instance, if I go to Winter and try to make the weather snow, it'll be snow for all seasons, and if I try to make Dustox appear only at night, it'll appear all times in the day.

That's exactly what I thought =/ Maybe we need to do something else in order to be able to use the season system?

We'll, those are all the issues I had with this new version (apart from the bugs, but it's a beta, so I won't complain). Keep working on it! ^_^

Good luck.

Ray Laé Àlfori (Rayku Rayquaza)​

Edit: ignore my problems with the season system xD I've just discobered how to do it: Tools menu-> Season editor.

Last edited:

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
Years
@Ray Laé Àlfori:
I do the transparency correct, and it do also work on many other Testers.
What kind of System do you have?
WinXP / Vista / 7, or older/other one?

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2012
This is great, I still have been using the older version, but this one looks more user friendly with all the little thumbnails and stuff, I was wondering if you plan on making a version to work with the pokemon black and white versions?

marcc5m

what
Years
What happened to the colour selecter in the palette viewer? Doesn't seem to be there.

Some bugs with the season editor (I'm using Ruby):
DarkGreyV2_08.png

This happened when I exited a house. If I run around it fixes though.

DarkGreyV2_07.png

And this happened when I entered a new map. The palette 1 reverts back to the Summer Palette.

Last edited:

Meta Paradox

Researching FireRed...
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2011

That's right. I updated my Day, Night and Seasons app (by prime-dialga) and installed the RTC, Seasons, and DAN in my FireRed ROM. I opened Advance Map 1.95, went to Route 1 [Day] and changed the wild Pokémon. When I scrolled to the Night time period, I checked the wild Pokémon and there were the same changes I had made in Day! How come? I don't get it.

Years
I thought 1.92 is the last one but I am really surprised to see new and improve 1.95 a-Map.
Thanks for a Great tool.

POKE'WIN

It's Funny Cuz Its Not Me
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
Do you think you can make the big block feature like RPG maker where you can
Use more then one tile at once.
rpg-maker-xp-3.jpg

marcc5m

what
Years
Do you think you can make the big block feature like RPG maker where you can
Use more then one tile at once.
rpg-maker-xp-3.jpg

Grosser Block. That's been there for ages.
Just click Ctr and right click the tiles you want, and drag it, and you will select more than one tile.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
YAY !! Its here is it, well i'm not gonna dowbnload it untill the full version without probs and with the worldmap editor are done, but this is an excelent job Lu Ho very very cool !!

Ray Laé Àlfori

Majarath F.
Years
@Ray Laé Àlfori:
I do the transparency correct, and it do also work on many other Testers.
What kind of System do you have?
WinXP / Vista / 7, or older/other one?

Sorry I didn't anwer sooner, I don't visit Pokecommunity very often ^^U

Mmm... I use Windows XP Professional and I didn't have any problems with A-Map 1.92. But with 1.95 it happens exactly what I told you: I can only see the top layer of the tiles.

I have another information that may interest you: I have tried to emulate 1.95 in Ubuntu Linux using Wine (a Windows emulator). I could emulate 1.92 perfectly well, but with 1.95 the strangest thing happened: the icons were all upside-down! xD See it for yourself:

Spoiler:

And not only that, but the tiles with transparency are also messed-up. Not in the same way as in my Windows XP, but, as you can see, with Wine they aren't displayed correctly either =/

I hope this helps you to improve the program ^^ Good luck and thanks.

Ray Laé Àlfori (Rayku Rayquaza)​

PD: Wine version: 1.2.2

gamesharkhacker

SupremoHack Entertainment Inc.
Years
A really good feature would be where you can see how connected maps join together eg. how they one map aligns with another map. if you know what I mean.

That'd be a really sick feature. Thanks, GSH.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Horray! It's about time my friend that you've released a new version of AdvanceMap! ^^ This is great, this is excellent! I'm gonna give it a whirl and start reporting all the bugs I can find with the new beta. And I will report every bug that I find in the program itself and send the screenshots to you, Luho. ;)

At least you took your time and did what you could to bring in the new features that many asked for, I'm sure it would've been alot of work for me as well if I ever knew about how to create programs using Visual Studio.

I think I'm just a little overally excited after I returned to PC and found a new version of AM after 3 years. ^^' xD

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2022
A really good feature would be where you can see how connected maps join together eg. how they one map aligns with another map. if you know what I mean.

You mean, like, we'd be able to see the first few tiles of the next maps over so we can properly align them without having to save, play the game, exit then tweak? That would be a very handy feature.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024

That's already in this beta, if you look at the connections tool, I think. It shows a preview of the connected map in the tool already.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I just noticed a spelling mistake when it says "ERROR: (ENotAPointer) AdvanceMapError(5): The value at $5A1478 is not a Pointer! Please contakt [email protected]".

Also... is it just me, or doesn't AdvanceMap allow changing the names of maps anymore? I'm guessing this is a little bug in the program, which obviously means you might have a missing command script on the change map name area. Allow me to show you! ;)
advancemapbug1.png

And there ya go, now you see what I mean about that.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I have also noticed some oddities with Route 118 in R/S/E. When I looked at the music in the map options part, it's value was $7FFFF. And if you play the game normally, the Route Theme 2 changes to Route Theme 6 by the time you surf across to the other side of the ocean. So there must be some line between the sides on Route 118, further research needs to be done on this matter, because this might also have something to do with the world map as well.

Edit 2: And I'm also looking forward to seeing the tile and door animation editor in AdvanceMap as well. I did find a bug in the beta version of the tile animation editor, it wouldn't accept the changes when I removed an animation and clicked Apply changes, it just came back again as soon as I clicked Load Animations, even when I clicked Save Animations, it did not apply the changes, it was just almost as if nothing happened. If I removed all the animations in the tileset, it just greyed out most of the buttons except for Load Rom and Load Animations. So I cannot be able to save it if all the animations are removed on the tileset or if there isn't any. And that is one problem that needs to be fixed in the Tile Animation Editor.

Edit 3: Another bug report in AdvanceMap 1.95! Pokémon LeafGreen [BPG] has the SuchBeginn at $6B00000 instead of $6B0000 in the AdvanceMap.ini file. It should have 4 zeros instead of 5. xD

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Woah!
I've only opened it and I'm dying of Shock!!
Good Work Lu-Ho Good Work ;)

Back