• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need a bit help here..

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
Hello, I am Pokemon Trainer UV.

As you've seen on my intro, I like competitive battling, but I'm not really good. I've been using this strategy for quite a while now, but I think that it needs a little bit more support.

I usually do double battles on Battle Revolution.

The Sunday Charizard

The Pokemon:

006.png

[ Charizard ♀ Lv. 100 ]

HP: 319 [[============]]

Attack: 188
Defense: 192
Sp. Atk : 306
Sp. Def: 199
Speed: 261

Ability:

Blaze

The Item:
Life Orb

The Strategy:
What I do is set up a Sunny Day usually using either a Venusaur or Sceptile. Since grass Pokemon tend to be KO'd on the first turn in Battle Revolution, I have them holding a Focus Sash. If they survive, however, well, I simply use them, and try to keep the Sunny Day alive.
Once Sunny Day is on, I take out Charizard, upon entering, Charizard gains:

80% more power to Flamethrower (Due to Life Orb. Plus x1.5 once Blaze activates)

50% less damage from Water attacks

In addition to a super boosted Flamethrower, Charizard is also armed with:
Solarbeam (For a surprise attack on Ground and Water types)
Air Slash (Good against fighting types that might know Stone Edge)
Earthquake (I know that this Charizard has pretty low Attack, but the Life Orb helps)

However, the problem is that Charizard still suffers the problem of being Charizard. It is vulnerable to Stealth Rock, cannot survive a Stone Edge, and once Sunny Day is off, it becomes even more vulnerable.​

The rest of my team is:
Snorlax (Curse/Physical Attacker)
Swampert (Stealth Rock setup, and Physical Attacker)
Garchomp (Physical Attacker)
Electivire (Mixed Sweeper)
Venusaur (or Sceptile) (Sunny Day Setup)

Do not say, "There's your problem, you're using an NU Pokemon with OU Pokemon!", because although I like Competitive Battling, I like using the Pokemon that I like even more. So tiers aren't what I'm focusing on right now.

So, can anyone tell me what can I do to improve this strategy, or can anyone recommend any Pokemon to change on my team?

.MiKeY

Tank Operator
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
Well if you are using an OU team, instead of using something to put up SUnny Day, why not use Drought Ninetales as it brings about infinite sun?

Also your descriptions of your pokemon give no details to the people trying to rate your team, so I would urge you put it in this format.

Pokemon:
Ability:
Item:
Moveset:
EV Spread:

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2012
If you're going to making Sun team, try to use Pokemon that get benefit from Sun. And like Mikey said, you should use a Drought Ninetails for permanent Sun instead of having Venusaur to set up Sunny Day. IF you can get Solar Power Charizard, it'll be even better along with a Chlorophyll Venusaur.

You can replace your Swarmpert with a Drought Ninetails if you want because Swampert is 4x weak to grass type attack so beware as your opponent might take an advantage from your sun and using Solarbeam on you Swampert. And you said you're usually do double battle, so replacing Charizard's Earthquake with Protect is even better.

Why you don't need an earthquake? Because Charizard's weakness are water, rock and electric attack which you can easily beat them with Flamethrower and Solarbeam. If there's an elevtric Pokemon try to bring down your Charizard, just switch with your Garchomp.

Sorry I can help you more because I don't know what your other Pokemon movesets / ability / stats. Well hope this can help you a bit at least :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Well if you are using an OU team, instead of using something to put up SUnny Day, why not use Drought Ninetales as it brings about infinite sun?

Also your descriptions of your pokemon give no details to the people trying to rate your team, so I would urge you put it in this format.

Pokemon:
Ability:
Item:
Moveset:
EV Spread:

If you're going to making Sun team, try to use Pokemon that get benefit from Sun. And like Mikey said, you should use a Drought Ninetails for permanent Sun instead of having Venusaur to set up Sunny Day. IF you can get Solar Power Charizard, it'll be even better along with a Chlorophyll Venusaur.

You can replace your Swarmpert with a Drought Ninetails if you want because Swampert is 4x weak to grass type attack so beware as your opponent might take an advantage from your sun and using Solarbeam on you Swampert. And you said you're usually do double battle, so replacing Charizard's Earthquake with Protect is even better.

Why you don't need an earthquake? Because Charizard's weakness are water, rock and electric attack which you can easily beat them with Flamethrower and Solarbeam. If there's an elevtric Pokemon try to bring down your Charizard, just switch with your Garchomp.

Sorry I can help you more because I don't know what your other Pokemon movesets / ability / stats. Well hope this can help you a bit at least :)

The OP said that she does doubles on Battle Revolution, so Gen V stuff doesn't apply there, like Droughtales.

And I do agree with the fact that you need to post all your Pokemon's full sets, natures and EVs, otherwise it'll be hard to rate the team.

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
Sorry that I haven't responded guys; I'll try to get my stats up as soon as possible.
I'm not really able to reach my Wii and DS at the moment.

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
i like it.ANOTHER! maybe add a more powerful flying type attack or even hurricane if you feel like it

Back