• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's a musical fusion of Jazz and Funk, it's called Junk [OU RMT]

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
About time I made another team. This time it's OU and stuff. I'll put in a new feature for teams made by me, which others call (Team Making Process), which should be fun for all of you to read.

Team Making Process

448.png

I wanted to base a team around CM Luke, since no one really uses him anymore, despite him having a HIGHER special attack and Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball for ultimate coverage. It should work I think

251.png
448.png

Next I wanted something that could set up Stealth Rock, since that entry hazard is almost mandatory on every team, even Hyper Offensive teams. I chose Celebi for grass type support, and I didn't want to use a Suicide lead, or Empoleon or Bronzong.

251.png
260.png
448.png

Next, I would want a physical attacker that could somewhat revenge kill others, without being that overrated Scizor. I chose Swampert because It has excellent type coverage and it's not expected of Swampert to be a Choice Bander.

251.png
260.png
248.png
448.png

Next, since Lucario was a special sweeper, I'd need a physical sweeper to balance things out. I chose Tyranitar due to the fact that it has the power to take out other Pokemon like Scizor.

251.png
260.png
248.png
145.png
448.png

I'd feared I had a big DD Gyara weak, as well as a general physical attack weak. I chose Zapdos, due to it's defensive ability and also being able to take out Gyarados with ease.

251.png
260.png
248.png
145.png
245.png
448.png

Next, I had feared an even bigger threat, Heatran. Even though Swampert could nicely take it out, it'd really suck if I was locked into Stone Edge. Suicune is here to help with that problem, despite me mixing the CM sweeper with the max def set.

This is my team.
dpiconani251.gif
dpiconani260.gif
dpiconani248.gif
dpiconani145.gif
dpiconani245.gif
dpiconani448.gif

In-depth

celebi.png

Celebi @ Occa Berry
Natural Cure
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
76 HP, 180 Spe, 252 SpA
- Stealth Rock
- Leaf Storm
- Earth Power
- U-Turn

There's like a little rule law about every competitive pokemon battling team. They should always have Stealth Rock on them. If they don't you're pretty much screwed. That's where Celebi comes in. Celebi is a decent lead, being able to shut down a lot of leads with ease, while still being able to set up Stealth Rocks. I should maybe replace U-Turn with Recover.

swampert.png

Swampert @ Choice Band
Torrent
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
136 HP, 204 Atk, 68 Def, 100 Spe
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Ahh CB Swampert, how it's so underrated, which is what makes it so good I think. Gives coverage against a lot of other Pokemon with ease. Most people could suspect the Choice Band though, since Swampert isn't running Leftovers.

tyranitar.png

Tyranitar @ Babiri Berry
Sand Stream
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

DD Tyranitar is here, because I thought I needed something that can dish out physical attacks. Tyranitar can stop a lot of others from sweeping, and can even stop Scizor thanks to Babiri Berry and Fire Punch. The only thing that DDTar can't really stop is Heatran, but Lucario can handle that.

zapdos.png

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Pressure
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
248 HP, 228 Def, 32 SpA
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power (Grass)
- Roost

Zapdos is my main counter to Gyarados, since he scares me a lot. I chose HP Grass over Ice since it can help me check Swampert, although I may swap to HP Ice to help with Mence and Flygon. Discharge > Thunderbolt for greater Parahax.

suicune.png

Suicune @ Leftovers
Pressure
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpA
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power (Electric)

This is my Suicune. The moves of the Offensive CM set, with the EVs and nature of the PHazer set. I didn't exactly want to Crocune, or PHaze, but I wanted Bulk, so I went with this. Coverage to take out Heatran, Gyarados, and other Pokemon. I'm thinking of changing this to a Crocune set, since I have nothing that can absorb status, except Celebi.

lucario.png

Lucario @ Life Orb
Inner Focus
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
4 HP, 252 Spe, 252 SpA
- Calm Mind
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball
- Vacuum Wave

CM Luke has got to be one of my favourite Pokemon, since it's so underrated. Also the star of the team. Calm Mind to boost it's special attack. Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball give irresistible coverage. I decided to use CM Luke, since it has a higher Special Attack stat than the Attack stat.

Conclusion
Since I don't really have somewhat of a special wall, I could see myself getting raped by NP Mixape, or just Mixape in general, so I might swap Zapdos to a Specially Defensive set to absorb that thing.

Rate away!

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
tbh, you want Adamant > Jolly on Tar. You may get a speed boost with Jolly, but without Adamant you miss out on many important KO's, and the loss of Jolly is compensated with DD. And, you also need HP Rock/Ice > Vacuum Wave on Luke, to get even greater coverage. tbh, CM Luke sucks and is outclassed by SD Luke in every possible way . Also, you said 'The only thing that DDTar can't really stop is Heatran, but Lucario can handle that', but Adamant DDTar can easily handle Heatran as a +1 Stone Edge has a chance to OHKO Heatran with SR up.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2012
tbh, you want Adamant > Jolly on Tar. You may get a speed boost with Jolly, but without Adamant you miss out on many important KO's, and the loss of Jolly is compensated with DD. And, you also need HP Rock/Ice > Vacuum Wave on Luke, to get even greater coverage. tbh, CM Luke sucks and is outclassed by SD Luke in every possible way . Also, you said 'The only thing that DDTar can't really stop is Heatran, but Lucario can handle that', but Adamant DDTar can easily handle Heatran as a +1 Stone Edge has a chance to OHKO Heatran with SR up.

Disregard this post entirely, Tyranitar needs Jolly to outpace Base 115s and everything below; you still hit pretty damn hard with Stone Edge, and you will still win against Heatran. Also, if you do decide to keep CM Luke (I would use Specs Luke, but whatever), you should actually keep Vacuum Wave, as Shadow Ball at +1 with Life Orb deals enough damage to Gyarados nd Salamence anyway.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Disregard this post entirely, Tyranitar needs Jolly to outpace Base 115s and everything below; you still hit pretty damn hard with Stone Edge, and you will still win against Heatran. Also, if you do decide to keep CM Luke (I would use Specs Luke, but whatever), you should actually keep Vacuum Wave, as Shadow Ball at +1 with Life Orb deals enough damage to Gyarados nd Salamence anyway.

Vacuum Wave is for priority.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
Sorry, but your current Zapdos is not a Gyarados check, since +1 Stone Edge will OHKO it, and Zapdos doesn't outspeed +1 Gyara (obviously). Also nothing on this team is really that fast at all (aka nothing has over bas 100 Speed, and Tar requires time to set up), so there's a lot of junk out there that can outspeed you.

I'll come back later with suggestions on that.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I actually run CM Luke. It is worth considering a Timid nature. With this you outspeed fellow Lucario which are mostly Adamant and Aura Sphere them before they Close Combat you. You also outspeed Jolly Gallade but that's far less common.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Shadow Ball deals decent damage to Mence but HP Ice is also worth considering because another threat to Luke is Gliscor. You could also go for Steadfast ability since you get faster if you flinch this is especially useful if you do keep Modest since you have less Speed that way. Good prediction can get Luke a flinch speed boost.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
What the HELL are you proving by posting this? I know this already, so do you, do you really feel the need to make a pointless statement such as this? I was defending keeping Vacuum Wave anyway, read next time, damn.
Well, when I posted it, I thought that you were Fire Wolf, and then I realised that you weren't him.

Sorry for making an itty mistake.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
For your problem with Speed that I mentioned earlier, I think probably the best idea would be to switch the positions of Celebi and Swampert- make Swampert the standard Mixpert lead to still gain Stealth Rock usage, and Celebi then gains room to provide you with Thunder Wave support. If you want a physical attacker still to hit hard, I would then suggest using Body Slam.Wish Jirachi >> Celebi in that case to still gain paralysis support, or run a Choice Scarf Infernape/(insert OU Fighting type that isn't Lucario here that can actually be dangerous here) so you can at least remove Blissey, Lax, and Tyranitar to clear up room for both Cune and Luke to sweep, and get some much needed speed.

So then:

Leadpert
Wish Jirachi/Scarfed Fighting type
DD Babiri Tar
Zappy
CM Cune
CM Luke

Back