• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] ✨ The Fairy Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
First update in FOREVER

superhero_request_zps37e0518c.png

Superheroes! An awesome request piece for Rika featuring Superman and Female Wolverine (not X23 lol).

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I've never seen female wolverine before. :p I absolutely adore the style of coloring used here, though. Does the technique have any name? Looks really good.

This post wouldn't be complete without me nitpicking, though. You know I always do that, right? :'D For some reason, I'm finding fem!wolverine's right knee iffy. It looks as if you made it more...idk what to call it, circular, I guess, than necessary. It just sticks out when I see it. And her hand. Her thumb sticking out like that looks sorta weird. I mean, I've always seen wolverine close his fists completely whenever he took out his claws. So the thumb being drawn like that feels sorta weird. @_@'

Buuuut yeah, good stuff. Would take me yeeeeeeeaars to get anywhere near you lmao.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
It's been a while since I've seen what's new in the gallery ★ єυρнσяıc. You all update so often that it's better for me to just check in cycles.

That said, I can't ever tell what's new, though, latest posting aside. If I might offer a suggestion, and that depends on how difficult it is to use the CSS (or something), you should put dates next to your titles.

With that, The Red Witch of Hamlen has always been a favorite of mine from you. What did I call it months ago, the red angel? Haha, something like that. It still looks as good as ever, I wonder if the original is still around so that I can compare it. Either way, it's always looked wonderful to me.

I was able to tell that the Gengar and Snorlax wallpapers were works I've never seen before. Those look great. Sounds like the Gengar wallpaper just clicked for you reading the description. I think my favorite Pokémon piece, though, is the Marowak and Cubone art. It looks really good. In fact, it's actually kind of emotional when you consider the inevitable.

Cripes, makes you think just how many Marowaks die... I don't ever make suggestions for new Pokémon, but having a skullless Cubone would certainly makes things less morbid. The only other suggestion I've made was for the baby Kangashkan to be a pre-evo to Kangaskhan. How is a baby born with a baby?

Anyway. From what I can tell, things are still looking good, here. The sprites are fun, too, even if they aren't your original art. Kind of like the Pikachu "thread locked" and Spheal ones the most.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ahh I'm so bad at responding to this thing. >:[

Haha, I actually did used to date them, Patrick. But I just couldn't keep up to date with when between when I started and when I finished. Technically I could go back and look up when the last save was with each piece and update the gallery with that but... that's an awful lot of work. I can however at least put a little "new" tag in each section when updates have taken place. Since I've been working on things that are currently being grouped (like the wallpapers and sprites) that should be easy. :)

Anywho, I made a new alt today, named Owlette, cause I like owls. The username is just for me to troll post around PC without dealing with moderator duties. And even though both I and other members know it's me, something feel safer about posting in unfamiliar sections without the bold, blue username. Don't ask me, I'm just a little odd that way. So, in light of this lovely little change of pace, I made a new sprite to coordinate with my ornithological theme. Enjoy. :)

owl_sprite_01_zps19e12249.png

edit : I made a simple "new" tag to display what sections display new content. It's not fancy, but I like it. :p

new_01_zpse7ee148a.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Yo

I drew a picture of my AC:NF character, Vanilla. I'm not going to put it up in the main page cause it was just a bs 20 minute doodle but, hey, I'm a pre-Raphaelite.
Vanilla_doodle_02_zpscb945a41.png

Also a couple more sprites for fun!
Larvitar_Lockdown_01_zpsc62c94c3.png

My "Larivitar Lockdown" sprite. I'm actually trying to use this one, haha. It's just a standard BW2 Larvitar sprite with a standard key sprite and a standard lock sprite, none of which I made. I just put them all in one place. ;p
delphox_sprite_01_zps9efb518f.png
greninja_sprite_01_zps7e5bad18.png

Some staff collab sprites I made. The art is just whatever released image I found first or was given to me. I'm eh on Delphox, but I absolutely love how Greninja (sp?) came out. Really is one of my favorites.
eevee_cursor_zpsc2bbb7ff.png
sylveon_cursor_02_zpsc3f61d98.png

And cutie little Eevee & Sylveon cursors. The Eevee came from the new party sprites that were released, but i made the Sylveon one myself.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024

Probably the biggest development in the gallery єυρнσяıc ever!

As you all know, I've been pretty religiously playing Animal Crossing : New Leaf. In the above post, I've showcased a simple doodle of my secondary player character, Vanilla. Ain't she a doll? Well, I've decided (more like just figured out) to start showcasing my QR codes as well! n_n;

Want to dress like Vanilla? Want my pixel art skills to semi-permanently adorn your own character in your simulated town?! Now you can!!

Spoiler:

Yup, a cute little school uniform. I hope you guys like it! This is my first time ever making and displaying an outfit, so be harsh if you're offering a critique. Also, I am willing to do requests if you are very, very nice to me. >:]

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Not so big development!

I retouched my old Valcarona sprite. It was one of the earliest sprites I worked on and my boyfriend thought it would be nice if I updated it a touch with my now more seasoned spriting skills, so I did! I also added a few cute little hearts because I'm the Larvesta who loves her boyfriend. :')

Volcarona_Larvesta_Sprite_01_zps739b1ebf.png

Also, I made up a Noivern sprite! A small present for Xander.

Original work was by DrPhantom24 @ dA, I just sprited it.

noivern_sprite_01_zps374f44b4.png

Enjoy!

Lazer

Geek in the Pink
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 24, 2014
Wow, your art is really good!
May I request a picture of a Beartic with a really large lower fuzz (you'd know when you see a picture) riding a Gogoat chasing after a Doduo? I'm sorry if it's a bit much, but it's an important scene from a Mystery Dungeon role-play.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
@ Lazer : I VMed you. :)

I made a new header for the gallery. It's not mine, like, at all. It's more bits and pieces of other pixel art I found on tumblr that I fell in love with. So I've edited it to suit my needs for this gallery and am posting it. The Sylveon sprite belongs to Kumamaka @dA, the castle by Bitmap Dreams on tumblr. Thanks, you guys, for making my gallery special.

castle_sylveon_zpsca26e843.png

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
Hey there Alexial! Really fantastic artworks you got here! I really enjoy your pop art x minimalist backgrounds on your fully colored artworks, especially on snorlax and gyarados (cuz I'm a gyara fan :3) I guess my fave among your works is the Rorouni Kenshin fanart, mostly because of that OVA scene that you depicted which is one of my fave scenes in the series (the other was the Shishio battle in the main series lol)

Hmm if I were to critique, i guess the wing parts on the red witch artwork is kinda underwhelming compared to the rest of the body, especially the hair strokes. The coverts of the wing could be a bit longer and more flowing, but as you said in the OP it is still incomplete so yeah, here's hoping you make it awesome. :3

Also I was looking at your awesome sprites and I'm studying them lol. Gotta learn how to sprite since it's a skill I haven't explored yet. o3o

Keep it up!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Been working on this one for a while. Kinda a new style for me so it's not the embodiment of perfection or anything, but I kinda like how she came out. :)

Spoiler:

Nakala Pri

All of this work is absolutely amazing! I love the artwork and it as really done with true inspiration. ^^

Keep it up! ✌

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Thanks a bunch! Been a while since I've updated this. :o A far change from my "must update every 2-3 days". Here's a more completed version of the drawing above. :)

Pagan_Mother_01_zpsd76309e0.png

Nakala Pri

These pictures are absolutely amazing and I hope you keep it up! C:

I think Twilight Blade is infuriated with me so I can't request an icon from her, dammit. xD

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Wow, your pixel work is absolutely beautiful. I'm aspiring to go into sprites also (currently just pen and paper); if I could get to even a fraction of that level I'd be happy.

I mean, all of your work is gorgeous, but those in particular really struck me. I'm not exaggerating when I say your stuff inspires me to keep practising and get better. I hope you do this professionally or at least plan to, this kind of talent needs to be recognised!

Keep up the awesome work Alexial, I'm gonna keep checking back to see what else you've made!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Wow, your pixel work is absolutely beautiful. I'm aspiring to go into sprites also (currently just pen and paper); if I could get to even a fraction of that level I'd be happy.

I mean, all of your work is gorgeous, but those in particular really struck me. I'm not exaggerating when I say your stuff inspires me to keep practising and get better. I hope you do this professionally or at least plan to, this kind of talent needs to be recognised!

Keep up the awesome work Alexial, I'm gonna keep checking back to see what else you've made!

Wow, this post really touched me. Thanks so much! If there's anything I really want to do as a moderator of Art & Design, it's inspire people to try new things; to draw and appreciate art. Sincerely, thank you. This kind of stuff means the world to me.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Technicolor Sylveon. This was just a bs sketch that I was playing around with. Not really meant to be "real art". May look awesome or terrible depending on what style you're using.

technicolor_sylveon_edited-1_zps87f64620.png

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Long time no update. I might as well through my Vivillion sprites in here. I've been working on these on and off for XanderO for the past while. The whole series would have been done much sooner but my effing tablet broke. ;(

Icy Snow
vivillon_sprite_icysnow_zps59a3950d.png

Polar
vivillon_sprite_polar_zps92e998cc.png

Tundra
vivillon_sprite_tundra_zps0ef5cddd.png

River
vivillon_sprite_river_zpscf0a1064.png

Meadow
vivillon_sprite_meadow_zps15f8cd9b.png

Garden
vivillon_sprite_garden_zpse132d647.png