• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I don't know about Gen I and II, but Generation III's E4 did not fall flat, and they actually did use Pokemon associated with their specialized type. I mean, Glacia and Drake? Sidney? Phoebe? Each and every single Pokemon that they used correlated with their specific type, so I don't know where you're getting this from. Take a look for yourself, really.

Gen III's Elite 4 did fell flat, because you ignored what I said about them using 2-3 Pokemon from the same line. Glacia, Drake, and Pheobe are guilty for this statement.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
How about we have an E4 of Steel, Ghost, Normal, and Ground, all types which have resistances against another type. Also if they give them cover moves against types they're weak against, such as Earthquake for the Steel leader's pokemon, and Stone edge for the ground Pokemon to take down ice types.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Gyms:
1)Bug
2)Rock
3)Grass
4)Psychic
5)Poison
6)Dark
7)Steel
8)Fighting

E4
1)Dragon
2)Flying
3)Electric
4)Water
Champion is fire and mixed at the same time.

This setup feels the best for me, the E4 is mostly new with 1 returning type, all the gyms are mostly the rarer ones, and rock needs to make a comeback gym wise, its not a Pokemon game if there isn't a rock gym. I'm looking at you gen 5.

Years
Anyone think we may see another triple gym like Unova only with different types. Maybe a Ground, Electric, Flying trio. If one picks Chespin you battle the flying, if Fennekin than you battle ground, if Froakie you battle electric. Interestingly they're the types of the Kami trio so a gym trio of these types doesn't seem all that random imo. Also the first gym leader should be a girl, thus far Roxanne is the only female out of the 8 first gym leaders of the 5 known regions.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I would actually like it if the Champion were to have some sort of specialized type as well, wouldn't that make things too easy? I'm thinking of back in Gen III, when Wallace and Steven were both champions, and yet they used specialized Pokemon, but were the battles too simple doing so? Comparing both Steven and Wallace to Cynthia, were the battles easier or harder? I'd say Cynthia was definitely one of the harder ones, so maybe the Champion ought to stick to being mixed.

Hm...

I think Cynthia was a good challenge, and I hope they keep it like that. The final boss battle of the main story should be hard after all. I also liked how all her Pokémon had 31 IVs in each stat.

blue

gucci
Years
This would be my ideal line up;

Gyms
Ground
Normal
Steel
Poison
Psychic
Bug
Dragon
Dark

E4
Grass
Fire
Water
Electric
Flying - Champion

With the Elite Four being primarily based around the Elements, the Gyms in no particular order but something like that would be niice.

Years
I'd be happy to see an E4 without Ghost-, Fighting- or Dark-types. Those would make for much more interesting gym types. That said, I did like how they made the Gen V E4 all have types that complimented each other and I'd like to see something like that again.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Yet another rumor from 4chan has popped up, and this one contradicts Mr. XY's info. Here's the original texture:

Spoiler:

And here's the translation:

Spoiler:

As a bonus, the rumor also included the starter evolutions:

Spoiler:

Translation:
Spoiler:

This is perhaps the most believable rumor I've ever read, but the inclusion of Genesect's new forme and the original dragon makes it sound suspicious, although they did create Regigigas, who was the golem trio's ring leader depsite the trio being 3rd gen Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Inclusion of Original Dragon makes it fake. If they wanted to do the original Dragon they would have in B2W2. That time has passed.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That kind of brings an interesting point - what if gyms are no longer based on types and instead on nationalities or concepts??

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
That kind of brings an interesting point - what if gyms are no longer based on types and instead on nationalities or concepts??

I don't think Game Freak would stray away from something like how gyms are formatted, especially when it makes sense. How would basing a gym on nationalities work exactly? Like would each nation use it's attributes like exports and things that are seen in a culture's everyday life determine the types it would use?

Years
Inclusion of Original Dragon makes it fake. If they wanted to do the original Dragon they would have in B2W2. That time has passed.
Not necessary. It's possible they wanted to save the original dragon for the next generation. It's possible the Dragon isn't called Kyurem but something else. Regigigas was added into generation 4 despite it being hinted at in generation 3 in the ruins, and it didn't play much of a role in story. So I see the original dragon should it really appear, show up post game.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Not necessary. It's possible they wanted to save the original dragon for the next generation. It's possible the Dragon isn't called Kyurem but something else. Regigigas was added into generation 4 despite it being hinted at in generation 3 in the ruins, and it didn't play much of a role in story. So I see the original dragon should it really appear, show up post game.

Where did they hint at Regigigas in Gen 3? All the legends spoke of were those three and how they had to be sealed away because they were too powerful/dangerous. He also isn't a new form in which the Original Dragon would be. The whole point for the Original Dragon would be centered around Unova where it was born seeing as the Dragon was said to have created Unova itself and is why Reshiram and Zekrom are there. They never added new forms to Legendaries outside of the Generation they were introduced.

Seeing as it will have to use Reshiram and Zekrom, its most certainly a form instead of a brand new Pokemon. Unova is done with and so are its legends. All the new stuff would revolve around the new region and new legends. Like with the supposed fused form of Dialga/Palkia which was heavily hinted at in Eterna City. Once that Generation is done, its done.

Years
Where did they hint at Regigigas in Gen 3? All the legends spoke of were those three and how they had to be sealed away because they were too powerful/dangerous. He also isn't a new form in which the Original Dragon would be. The whole point for the Original Dragon would be centered around Unova where it was born seeing as the Dragon was said to have created Unova itself and is why Reshiram and Zekrom are there. They never added new forms to Legendaries outside of the Generation they were introduced.

Seeing as it will have to use Reshiram and Zekrom, its most certainly a form instead of a brand new Pokemon. Unova is done with and so are its legends. All the new stuff would revolve around the new region and new legends. Like with the supposed fused form of Dialga/Palkia which was heavily hinted at in Eterna City. Once that Generation is done, its done.
As I said in my original post perhaps it's not even Kyurem (that's what I meant by maybe it's not called Kyurem) but something entirely different. Also this could be breaking the mold, as you've said many times GF can do what they want.

As for Regigagas being hinted at, while it's more speculation bulbapedia has a nice reason for why it may be Regigigas that was refered to rather than the Regi trio, "It is believed by some that the "We feared it." section refers to Regigigas, as opposed to Regirock, Regice, and Registeel, as it wouldn't make sense to refer to three Pokémon as an "it"."

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
As I said in my original post perhaps it's not even Kyurem (that's what I meant by maybe it's not called Kyurem) but something entirely different. Also this could be breaking the mold, as you've said many times GF can do what they want.

I didn't mention Kyurem at all either. I only said Reshiram and Zekrom as the original story said both of them were evenly split from the original meaning those two are all that's needed to make the Original one, but that would still be a form, not a new Pokemon. Forms aren't added after the generation is over. Reshiram and Zekrom are about Unova and Unova only.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I didn't mention Kyurem at all either. I only said Reshiram and Zekrom as the original story said both of them were evenly split from the original meaning those two are all that's needed to make the Original one, but that would still be a form, not a new Pokemon. Forms aren't added after the generation is over. Reshiram and Zekrom are about Unova and Unova only.

Honestly I'm not sure if it would be a new form though. I realize that you're combining two Pokémon similar to Kyurem-W and Kyurem-B, but it states that it's one original dragon. So what dragon would it be a form of, typing, etc? If it were just to be a new form then I'd agree that it wouldn't be added, but it's possible it could be considered an entirely different dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back