• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How To Fix ANY Bug Using Hex Editor!

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
How To Fix Any Bug With Hex Editor​

Hello, I have another tutorial lined up this time teaching you how to fix any bug you might have. The only requirements necessary are 1) A hex editor and 2) A backup that is working (can even be a clean rom version depending on what you're trying to fix).

Of course I made a video tutorial so here it is:
[hd]JB2ujb2-EOA[/hd]
Here is another video player (where you can also download the video in better quality)

The above video uses an actual bug I had with my own hack that I had never worked on fixing before. I fixed the bug while making the tutorial so know that it genuinely works. I've used this so far to fix an entire Fairy Type patch, a glitch where I couldn't get past the intro scene without the game restarting, the interior building glitch as you see in the above video, a pokedex issue where when you try to view the pokedex the game just breaks entirely, and a glitch where no numbers appeared next to the "Lv" text and PP text and any text in the pokedex area. So I've had my fair share of bugs, but it ended up being just a pointer or two that messed up (except for the fairy type patch which required some more extensive fixing).

So for right now the video will be the only tutorial. When I find another bug, I'll gladly post it here in text format so you have two different methods of learning. Hope the video helps you out and if you have any questions or problems, just post here in the thread! Thanks.

Here are some example half-splits to fix the bugs (feel free to PM me if you want your list here to show for an example also):

Spoiler:

As time goes on, I'll add other example tutorials I come with. If you have any you'd like me to add, let me know. Or if you are having troubles learning or what help, post below.

Written Example I: Fixing A Water Reflection Bug
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2019
So if you think that you can slove all bugs. Can you help me with sloving glitchy pokemon nature names in Pokemon Ruby? It was appeared when I expanded move list.
Did you repoint your moves description table? If you didn't, that's probably why your natures are glitched.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 13, 2015
Can you help me fixing an error when adding new healing places to a fire red rom? I've already tried all i can do.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
I want to fix a bug, but can't find it. When I defeat a trainer's PKMN I can make infinite shifts. I think there is a shift when I defeat a PKMN (because the fainted PKMN remais attacking) and a shift when the trainer would use another PKMN (the default shift method). I think it is a doubled code.

Last edited:
Back