• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your game ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
For years I have dreamed to make my own Pokémon fan game, but because of my bad programming and several problems I'm about just to share my ideas (despite I'm playing with the potential of Essentials).

Pokémon
Tourmalin Dreams

Story
In the Shimane Region, people believe the Legend of the Dream Tree, which spawns Jirachis and making wishes true. When a Jirachi is born inside the tree, it will leave to Shimane and fulfills wishes during a week, before it will return to the tree and split up into four Dream Crystals. These crystals will be hidden inside the Elemental Temples and be guarded by Crystal Guardians, crystalline beings
capable to be sentient.

During the years the Dream Crystals have grown by size and power and are giving inspiration for people and Pokémon, working for their wishes and making their dreams true. But not everyone has good intentions...

Today you and your two friends are graduating from the Yamachi Academy and given the task to anticipate the years annual Shimane League Tournament by traveling Shimane and defeating its nine Gym Leaders, starting with your Fairy starter given by the Fairy Gym Leader. During your journey you will stumble upon Team Illumina, who are searching after the four legendary Dream Crystals and the gate to the Dream Tree, which is hidden inside the Dream World. Team Illumina plans to make a newborn Jirachi and making their wish true. But nobody knows about their reasons, despite its sure, they are for no good.

During your journey Team Illumina are becoming more ruthless and impatient, because they can't work behind the shadows anymore, thanks to you and your friends by foiling their plans about the Dream Crystal search, but they haven't given up to create their own Jirachi. By time runs short for both sides and the Crystal Guardians are guarding the crystals with every might.

Will your dream of winning the Tournament becoming true? Or will Shimane sink into a nightmare by Team Illumina?

Features

• Over 350 Pokémon of all six generations
  • Explore the Shimane region, a dream-striving region with lots of nature and some high-tech cities
  • Playing as Mark or Mint (I like these TCG characters, but I would prefer a redesign)
  • Some Pokémon have edited stats, evolutions, movesets and even types (like Gyarados -> Water/Dragon)
  • Starting with Swirlix or Spritzee (evolves via Lv Up and carrying their evolution items)
  • PokéTablet, Shimanes version of PokéCom/Pokénav/Pokétch
  • Nine Gyms. And they will specialize in two types
  • Enigmatic Team Illumina. What they are up to do with searching the Dream Tree and summoning Jirachi?
  • New puzzles, which are neither easy nor difficult
  • A big Safari Zone, more areas will be unlocking by collecting badges
  • New items:
    • Solar Ball: Catchs Pokémon easier, which evolve with the Sun Stone or Shiny Stone
    • Glacier Ball: Catchs Ice Pokémon easier
    • Spirit Ball: Catch Ghost and Fairy Pokémon easier
    • Shiny Ball: The Master Ball for Shiny Pokémon, only one exemplar exists
    • Hypnotic Ribbon: When carrying, Inkay can evolve by Lv Up

I am hoping I did a good job with description of Tourmalin Dreams (I think the story is badly written, but I like the idea with dreaming worlds and abusing wishes to shape dreams and I have a chaotic mind). The Term "Tourmalin" is a blend of the German and English name for the same gemstone, which means chameleon stone. It fits the ever changing dreams by fulfilling wishes due the eternal hunger for perfection.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 25, 2015
Hey there maruno! of sage version, I have two games to present, pokemon sun and moon, so far there planned out but incomplete, rest assured a biography is available, so here we go!. Pokémon sun and moon takes place in a hot region thats fresh at night!, discover ancient ruins, secret doors, haunted areas, and see mummies, this region is called suna based of egypt, and my first ever fanmade pokemon games, and video game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Ok here we go, My name is Ben, but my friends call me Benji. I have only recently got in to pokemon essentials, and i have got quite good a mapping and eventing. However i suck at scripting and making art such as banners titles sprites..etc. I would post screens of my work from playing around but i cant post links yet. Here is the Idea for my game:
StoryLine
You the hero or heroine grow up in a small farm community. One day Professor Oak gets lost wandering through the Terrath region, and stumbles apon your farm. The professor stays as he is interested in the rapidash and tauros raised there. While examining the rapidash, an enraged ponyta attacks him. You grab a pokeball from bag the professor left on the ground to help the professor. seeing how talented you are at battling the professor brings you to his outpost in Terrath. There he grants you the pokemon you chose back the farm, and gives you the pokedex. From there you challenge 8 gyms, the elite four, while having to deal with Team Tremor, who wish to control arceus by collecting gems guarded by legendary pokemon. You must stop them from collecting the gems and destroying the balence of Terrath and its neighboring region of Apel. Then you journey to Apel collect 8 more badges, challenge their elite for and compete in the champions cup.
Features
All pokemon gen 1-5, [possibly 6]
2 regions
16 badges
Champions cup (battle between all regions champions and elite four)
new hms such as lava surf
missions/sidequests
Some new items [possibly]
3 rivals
and puzzles

So that is my idea! Thanks to anyone who read this post. i will attempt to get better at essentials and make this game. Feel free to leave constructive criticism, i will gladly accept it

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
Ok here we go, My name is Ben, but my friends call me Benji. I have only recently got in to pokemon essentials, and i have got quite good a mapping and eventing. However i suck at scripting and making art such as banners titles sprites..etc. I would post screens of my work from playing around but i cant post links yet. Here is the Idea for my game:
StoryLine
You the hero or heroine grow up in a small farm community. One day Professor Oak gets lost wandering through the Terrath region, and stumbles apon your farm. The professor stays as he is interested in the rapidash and tauros raised there. While examining the rapidash, an enraged ponyta attacks him. You grab a pokeball from bag the professor left on the ground to help the professor. seeing how talented you are at battling the professor brings you to his outpost in Terrath. There he grants you the pokemon you chose back the farm, and gives you the pokedex. From there you challenge 8 gyms, the elite four, while having to deal with Team Tremor, who wish to control arceus by collecting gems guarded by legendary pokemon. You must stop them from collecting the gems and destroying the balence of Terrath and its neighboring region of Apel. Then you journey to Apel collect 8 more badges, challenge their elite for and compete in the champions cup.
Features
All pokemon gen 1-5, [possibly 6]
2 regions
16 badges
Champions cup (battle between all regions champions and elite four)
new hms such as lava surf
missions/sidequests
Some new items [possibly]
3 rivals
and puzzles

So that is my idea! Thanks to anyone who read this post. i will attempt to get better at essentials and make this game. Feel free to leave constructive criticism, i will gladly accept it

Your story is bland and all over the place. What is the point of having Professor Oak if he has nothing to do with the main storyline? Just seems very random. And the storyline itself is very unoriginal and not exciting.

2 Region's is a lot of work, and 3 rivals seems excessive. I think you should start smaller, think quality over quantity.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 15, 2015
POKEMON MORN

WIP

A darker take on the Pokemon world - An exploration of the parts of the world that are canon, but handwaved away.
In Pokedex entries in the game, there are mentions of Pokemon eating other pokemon, and people using bits of pokemon for herbal remedies or food.
There are repeated mentions of pokemon attacking humans, and humans hunting pokemon for their horns, pearls, or delicious meat. (Looking at you, Stantler and Farfetch'd)

How some pokedex entries refer to war machines.

I want to see the side that Trainers never see - How the 'Elite Four' don't make you the ultimate trainer, they're just a measuring stick - do you have what it takes to keep the most powerful pokemon in line? Can you use them effectively to protect cities against the wild pokemon who can destroy a mountain in a pique of anger?
How some pokemon are the souls of other pokemon, or even of a human.
How a scientist "Studying Pokemon" doesn't just watch it in their natural habitat. How do you think we know the heart and brain sizes of Doduo and Dodrio?

I don't want to give away spoilers for too much of the plot, but you're not exactly encouraged to become a trainer.

What do you think?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
Need Help Developing a Post-Apocalyptic Pokémon Game!

I think I have a really cool idea for a Pokémon Fangame that I wish to make. My only dilemma is that I know nothing of making games, nor anything about the software required :)

Thanks!

I HAVE NO NAME FOR THIS POKEMON GAME YET…

I'd First Like To Say That I Realize This May Not Be Worded The Best…I Was Simply Getting Ideas Out. As I Typed, More Ideas Kept Flowing Into My Head, So Everything May Seem A Bit Jumbled. I Apologize. None Of This Is A Final Storyline By Any Means, And Is Subject To HUGE Change At Any Time...

I am open to suggestions and tips as well as constructive criticism as long as it is indeed CONSTRUCTIVE.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Post Apocolyptic Pokémon Game:

Characters:
Heroes: Player (Only playable character), Freedom Fighters (Team), Best Friend (Part of Freedom Fighters, Friendly rival)
Villians: Issac (Main Bad Guy, Team Scourge(name is NOT FINAL BY ANY MEANS), Legendary Pokémon (corrupted)
Neutral: Rival, wild Pokémon

Setting: (Beginning) - Typical Pokémon settings, the most prominent of the towns resembling NYC until Team Scourge takes over, now everything is an apocalyptic-like world.

Synopsis:

The intro of the game is simply the same as any other Pokémon game, the Pokémon Professor (In this case, the head of the Pokémon Academy) asking questions like "Boy or Girl", "Your Name", "Best Friends Name", "Rival's Name", and you get chose how to would like to appear.

The game begins with the Protagonist (YOU) as a child being brought up in a prestigious Pokémon Academy. You live in harmony with other young students longing to become a Pokémon Trainer, not dissimilar from any child of the Pokémon world. You have a best friend who you do everything with and who is your greatest ally. You two are seen as star pupils n the eyes of all professors/teachers, the main being Isaac, your mentor and idol growing up. After you and your best friend as well as various other classmates became of age, it was time for you to choose your Pokémon, which is where your journey truly begins.

You can choose from 3 types of Pokémon (Grass, Water, Fire), each having their own sector in the Pokémon Academy. You may choose from any of the 6 generations, but only one Pokémon. Once you make your choice your best friend chooses the Pokémon weak to yours from the same generation. Your biggest school rival chooses the Pokémon that is most powerful against yours from the same generation. You will have opportunities to acquire the various other starter Pokémon from other generations later on in the game.

All is well in the world since the break-up of Team Rocket (following the events of Pokémon Origins) as well as the fall of various other Villainous groups from their separate games, the world is in a seemingly peaceful co-existence with Pokémon. That is, until a handful of spiteful former Villainous Team Leaders from the various Pokémon games came together to form Team Scourge, their leader being a new name in Pokémon who sweet talked his way into the lives of all people and Pokémon, Issac, one of the Pokémon Academy's greatest professors with the idea to have world domination by controlling all Legendary Pokémon, and torturing those that stand in their way.

Following your character acquiring his/her Pokémon, you find out that your mentor and idol who taught you many of the things you know today, your Pokémon Professor, Issac, to be evil and take control of the school as well as his team, Team Scourge wreaking havoc on the world, locking innocent people up, stealing their Pokémon, capturing and corrupting all legendary Pokémon through the use of Shadow Tech. (as seen in Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness)

You and your Pokémon along with your friends are captured and put into prisons, and it is up to you and your Pokémon along with a few allies (which form the Freedom Fighters), to break out and search new allies and Pokémon which are now scarce to find in the wild, in order to stop the mighty Team Scourge in destroying the world. Similar to how you may capture Pokémon from the villains in Pokémon Colosseum and XD, you must purify those corrupted shadow Pokémon in order to use them as your own.

(Hopefully this idea didn't sound too terrible.)

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
Ive been working on a new project on RMXP. You will be playing as an old pokemon trainer who has no idea on how to train pokemon. I worked a bit on it made a few maps but I might be stopping the project. Im using essentials and I might make a gambling system.
The old trainer is into gambling and he wants quick money so he joins the pokemon league. Please reply and give your suggestions, I might stop working on the project.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 22, 2015
I've been wanting to see someone make a hack of Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness if it's possible that is. I don't really have a story or anything yet... But maybe add the new generation Pokemon in it..?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hi. It's me again, and since I know nothing about making games, and the idea sounds good enough for someone (like one in a million) to pick up.

Pokemon: Eye of the Braviary.

You control a rookie detective (boy or girl), in his first day in the police department. You, your newly given Growlithe (the other dog-like Pokemon just don't fit with a good police officer image), and your partner. At your first day, you end up having to solve a murder mystery, which ends up being bigger than you previously thought, all of that within an infiltrated department, trying to tell friend from foe and to honor your vow to protect and serve.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
Your really creative its a good idea but by murder mysteries do you mean like pokemon being killed?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Your really creative its a good idea but by murder mysteries do you mean like pokemon being killed?

I think a few important people. and a Pokemon or two, if you believe it neccesary, at least to prove struggle (if you have a fire breathing dragon, or other beast that can cause more damage than guns could, who needs them?) or something that really shakes up the place (althrough Pokemon kind of ARE part of the family for most people in-universe, so killing one would be quite the hit).

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
A randomly generated pokemon rougelike.

When you click new game, a new region is generated for you, I'm thinking areas would be pre-built, but arranged randomly throughout the region.
-so one game you could start off in a town, that has a route to the south, connecting to another town, with a cave.
-While another time you start off in a town that has a forest on the east, and a route north, and ocean to the south. etc. Ideally, you get a totally different expeirence each time you start new game.

The starters selection would be random. enemy pokemon per area would be randomly selected the first time you enter it. Caves & Forests would be completely randomly generated (like mystery dungeon series)

The trick is that the pokedex progress is saved through playthoughs.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
I have an idea for an open-world online type Pokemon game. I think it would be really interesting, and fun to make too. My favorite part of making my game Crimson Skies is making the maps, but adding Trainer's/Town's/NPC's and such can often be a pain and tedious.

In this game, there would probably only be one town in the middle of the region. Here the player starts the game and they chose the starter (probably from any of the starters from all 6 generations). From there the player can explore the whole game, there would be TONS of maps to explore, and all Pokemon obtainable. Since this is online, you would see other players too.

There could be spawning Legendaries in certain areas. For example, Heatran could spawn in some lava cave every 6 hours (first person to interact with it gets to battle it), and more powerful Legendaries like Lugia and Arceus would probably have 12 hours or a full day to spawn.

There could also be timed tournaments. Maybe every one hour there would be a tournament, and sign up starts 10 minutes before hand. So the first persons to apply during that time period get to compete.

Basically, this game would be all about just exploring the world and doing what the player wants to do, and would have a huge MMO element to it. There would be no story whatsoever, except maybe some side stories. And if there was going to be a story line, it wouldn't be implemented until the game got popular and it would come slowly in patches if anything, this would keep the player interested.

Overall, I think a game like this would be VERY fun, and I could definitely help make a ton of the maps for this game. It would obviously require a very skilled scripter though, and someone who could run a dedicated server for the game. Also, maybe there could be Gym Leaders too, but since I only plan to have one town, the Gym Leaders wouldn't be stationed in town's but rather dungeons/routes, and they wouldn't be mandatory to battle. They would just be another side story.

I would really like to hear some peoples opinions on this idea. I know other people have tried making Pokemon MMO's, but I never liked the feel to them (or at least the ones I played), however I think if done properly this game could be amazing.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 30, 2016
This is some info on a project I've been working on for the last few months.

Project Unlimited.

Project Unlimited is a fanmade multiplayer game made utilizing Pokemon Essentials and the RMX-OS kit. The game is being developed by myself currently, I have played every game to date and who want to show the world of Pokemon reshaped the way I see it.
This is going to be 100% free.

Some screenshots, these need to be updated and cut down into one album xD
http://imgur.com/a/8M0Kk
http://imgur.com/a/2LrW8

Features/General info.
The first three regions re-imagined along with a custom region.
A diverse storyline, borrowing events from the manga and anime. Former enemies may turn into new friends or even fiercer opponents!
The custom region will be composed primarily of generation 6 and handpicked or custom made Fakemon.
Many redesigned/recolored shiny sprites making them more appealing.
Higher shiny rate, not by much though.
Custom moves, abilities and items.
HM Items have been scrapped. Cut has been replaced by the Machete/Axe. Surf will return as a TM as well as several other HMs.
A reworking of many Pokemon. This includes stats/moves/eggmoves and abilities.
With pokemon reworks will come a slight overhaul to the existing gen 5 and 6 metagames.
The tiering/metagame will be left in the hands of the community.
Physical/Special split.
Fairy typing is supported.
A new typing, Light.
New mega evolutions, including those from ORAS.
Side quests and events galore.
ALL Pokemon will be catchable., be they wild or event/story related.
Daily quest hubs, as any MMO should have.
Player and Team housing.
Player workshop. Design your own sprites and have them added to the game!

Where are we now?
We're currently alpha testing with a server running with the bulk of Kanto implemented.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 16, 2017
I've been meaning to get around to this for a while but you know real life gets in the way. I've had this strong idea for a game for some time however I'm sure I belong to the long list of people who have no artistic or programming skills to speak of and not really the amount of time needed to try and make a game. However planning and story, that I can write.

So let's get down to the endless walls of text. My idea would focus on a region called Ecos (working title, all names are probably subject to change if anything ever becomes of this) and feature a Pokedex of 450 split into multiple segments a la X and Y however this region would not feature any of the starters or legendaries because they just complicate matters. But I should map out the region before getting there.

Origin Island
Spoiler:

East Mainland
Spoiler:

West Mainland
Spoiler:

Battle Frontier

When the league is defeated the Battle Frontier opens several facilities throughout the region.

Spoiler:

As previously mentioned there are two teams in the Ecos region Team Light and Team Sound led by two warring sisters, Saula and Decibelle. In the absence of legendary Pokemon their storylines revolve around how their sibling rivalry has escalated to corporate espionage and sabotage of key facilities such as the power plant and the rail network. The player faces both teams throughout eventually leading to their headquarters in Centricore City, a film studio is the HQ of Team Light and a recording studio is the HQ of Team Sound.

Grunts
Spoiler:

Team Light Admins
Spoiler:

Team Light Boss
Spoiler:

Team Sound Admins
Spoiler:

Team Sound Boss
Spoiler:

Pokedex
Allocation and order are massively subject to change.
Spoiler:

Special Characters
Spoiler:

Interactable Pokemon
Spoiler:

Tm and HM list
Spoiler:

That's pretty much everything I think. Took a long time to get all that down. As I've said the plot I can write. Hell I could plan out each individual trainer in the region (not EVs and IVs though that's a bit beyond me) but that's it, wish there was more I could do with this. If you actually managed to get through all this, thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
I was wondering what everyone here would think of a Pokemon World Version where you play as a new character that starts his/her travels in Kanto and going through most, if not all regions so far. These regions include the main game regions, Sevii Islands, Orange Islands, Orre and the Ranger regions. Unfortunately, development on this game wouldn't necessarily end since changes would be made with each new game. I would also like to add events similar to the Pokemon movies, but they will not be exact since I am trying to keep the games and anime separated, so Ash will not exist in this game. I was a member of a team that tried doing this about 5 or more years ago and I would like to revive it now that creating it is a lot easier now with Pokemon Essentials. I know that this is very bland since I don't have any details about the story, but to start, no matter which gender you pick, the Kanto rival will be Leaf from FireRed and LeafGreen. Red does exist in the game, but you're first encounter with him will not be until the Mt. Silver battle sometime in the future (hint hint). Blue is the eighth gym leader and you will run into him on occasion throughout Kanto. Giovanni will be at the reigns of Team Rocket, but he will be training his son (Silver) to be Team Rocket's future leader which will happen during the Johto events. There will be challenges to make this happen including being able to hold Pokemon in one region for a fresh start in another, perhaps using the GTS as a Global Transfer Station in between regions. Details would also need to be worked out in the story as to how and why the trainer travels from one region to the next that would make sense with the fresh start idea. One idea I have along these line is traveling from Johto to Hoenn with Brendon since Johto is where he lived before the events of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

I would like to get some input as to what everybody thinks so far since I hope to start development soon. I also forgot to mention that Mega Evolution will play a role and hopefully be present within each region.

Years
I have a game I'm planning to start! Introducing...
publicpreview.php

Designed to be the definitive version of the original Kanto adventure and inspired by the recent Pokémon Origins OVA, as the name implies, Origins: The Game includes:
  • Gen V Style Sprites
  • Explore Kanto, the Sevii Islands, and Johto
  • Play as Red or Leaf
  • Pick Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, OR Pikachu as a starter
  • Catch ALL 251 Kanto and Johto Pokémon and their pre-evolutions and evolutions
  • Unique password-based trading system
  • Pokémon Origins elements, like Reina (Mr. Fuji's assistant) having a more prominent role and Mega Evolution
  • Cosplay Pikachu from ORAS
  • GB Sounds
  • Fame Checker and VS. Seeker

Last edited:

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I have a game I'm planning to start! Introducing...
publicpreview.php

Designed to be the original Kanto adventure and inspired by the recent Pokémon Origins OVA, as the name implies, Origins: The Game includes:
  • Gen V Style Sprites
  • Explore Kanto, the Sevii Islands, and Johto
  • Play as Red or Leaf
  • Pick Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, OR Pikachu as a starter
  • Catch ALL 251 Kanto and Johto Pokémon and their pre-evolutions and evolutions
  • Unique password-based trading system
  • Pokémon Origins elements, like Reina (Mr. Fuji's assistant) having a more prominent role and Mega Evolution
  • Cosplay Pikachu from ORAS
  • GB Sounds
  • Fame Checker and VS. Seeker

here use anything you want from my game !
you can even have my game if you wish !
http://www.indiedb.com/games/pokemon-legends-of-kanto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back