• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Chronicles: Battle of Past.

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
Ik i cant wait for the demo

Btw for the names if u havent come up with any maybe lily and T.J. I like the abbreviation and if u dont like lily maybe hmmmm Taylor, Melanie, April! Any of those would work just brain storming. ;)

Ahh yes for the female protagonist and her friend, i have decided to name the protagonist Violet and her friend name Bisque (Dunno if you can name a girl Bisque), I will consider the names you gave for Gym leaders and important side-characters, Thanks! ^^

Until then here is another preview (On what i am working on):
intro.gif

I will add the shadows to houses and buildings before releasing a demo, because editing in Paint.net is nightmare.

...and i can't possibly promise when i can release a demo, as there is lots of work to be done, starting from spriting to scripting GUI, bugs, fast-paced battle interface, custom tiles, and also because i am using custom OW's which does not have any pre-made sprites of any trainers belonging to that base, so i am spriting all of them from scratch.

Last edited:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Oh ya i understand completely but im good with waiting haha also yes i what to hear the history of zoyan im a boy and id like to begin yay! Haha also if u need a beta tester I'll be happy to do so when the demo comes out im guessing in a couple months ;)

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
Oh ya i understand completely but im good with waiting haha also yes i what to hear the history of zoyan im a boy and id like to begin yay! Haha also if u need a beta tester I'll be happy to do so when the demo comes out im guessing in a couple months ;)

I am hoping next month for a small demo, but the progress is quite slow, here is the final version of gateway tiles,
A mix of DP-HGSS, B/W and some custom twist by me ^^:
20auiyb.jpg

Minor updates may still apply on these.
Tiles are made by using multiple public tiles, whose creators are credited in OP! (So, please don't steal!)
As for the gap between the map, it is a room for the guard.​

Last edited:

Dedenne1

Years
Could u post the code for ur support banner? For some reason it only shows a question mark but others work so if i can just insert the code ill spread the.word :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 29, 2015
Looking good. Loving the tiles. Especially the HG/SS grass. My favorite. And a lot of the technical aspects (like the battle system) look well done. Good job!

My question is: Do the three starters evolve by level now, seeing as one require a held item and the other happiness?

Other than that, I'll try and make sure to beta test for grammar and whatnot when the demo comes out. Take your time. This could be a really awesome game. Already looks like it. Just don't get discouraged!

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
Could u post the code for ur support banner? For some reason it only shows a question mark but others work so if i can just insert the code ill spread the.word :)
Code:
[FONT="Century Gothic"][IMG*]http://i57.tinypic.com/1z4ke4h.jpg[/IMG]
Just remove * from [IMG][/FONT]

Looking good. Loving the tiles. Especially the HG/SS grass. My favorite. And a lot of the technical aspects (like the battle system) look well done. Good job!

My question is: Do the three starters evolve by level now, seeing as one require a held item and the other happiness?

Other than that, I'll try and make sure to beta test for grammar and whatnot when the demo comes out. Take your time. This could be a really awesome game. Already looks like it. Just don't get discouraged!
Yes, they'll evolve with level now, rather based on which item they hold, or their happiness.

Last edited:

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
This game looks pretty good, my only complaint is the tree's look unnatural. The tree alignment should be random. But other then that, the storyline seems like it could be very interesting. Will you be uploading a demo anytime soon?

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
This game looks pretty good, my only complaint is the tree's look unnatural. The tree alignment should be random. But other then that, the storyline seems like it could be very interesting. Will you be uploading a demo anytime soon?

Yeah i was also bothered by the tree's shape and it being used in many fan-games, i wanted a unique tree, but this one was really attractive leaving its shape, so i changed it:
219dv8.jpg

Now its unique, has a tree-ish shape and only for my use ^^ ( but its Pokémon game, many things are symmetric and not random)

Dedenne1

Years
Hmm surprised i never asked this up to what gen will pokemon be will fairy type be in it and will there be any Megas?

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
Hmm surprised i never asked this up to what gen will pokemon be will fairy type be in it and will there be any Megas?

Like i said in OP, i will eb having some amount of Pokémon from every region making a unique Pokédex for Zoyan, which will include fairy types for the Pokémon which had Fairy types in X, Y and OR and AS versions.

Also a preview of Electric-stone cave:
21j56cl.jpg

This is just a preview, more tiles will be added later on.

Credits to Kymotonian for Biome tiles, and Phyromatical for the patches which i changed into blue, i totally changed the pallet of these tiles, and it took lots of time, and hence they are private, floating crystal made by me! ^^
... also the outside of it, north of Berrycove city:
2iw85yv.jpg

I know the cave sucks :P will be changed!
...and i am sorry i am only showing graphical previews instead of screens from actual gameplay, please bear with me as i have not finished female protagonist design (and also her friend's) and many other NPC Overworld sprites, when they are done i'll start doing the gameplay progress, and show the screenshots!

Last edited:

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
Yeah I know that I'm not commenting too much, but I always give a look on the new projects!
This game looks promising. The graphic is appealing, though the plot doesn't tell very much. Also, you done a good work with the sprites, but I don't clearly understand why did you made the Team Rocket sprites first instead of the main characters since Rockets already got their sprites from HG/SS. You could temporarily use them and then replace them with your ones, in this way you would publish screenshots faster. :)
Surely I will keep an eye on this project. Good luck.

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
Yeah I know that I'm not commenting too much, but I always give a look on the new projects!
This game looks promising. The graphic is appealing, though the plot doesn't tell very much. Also, you done a good work with the sprites, but I don't clearly understand why did you made the Team Rocket sprites first instead of the main characters since Rockets already got their sprites from HG/SS. You could temporarily use them and then replace them with your ones, in this way you would publish screenshots faster. :)
Surely I will keep an eye on this project. Good luck.

Uhm.. you have completely misunderstood, if you observe the OW,
1. I am not using HG/SS OW's, the one i am using are custom-made by Minorthreat.
2. There are no ready made NPC OW's for this custom base, so i am spriting them using the base.
3. Mixing HGSS and this custom made ow base would not look nice.
and i haven't even designed the female protagonist ( which i am doing work on )
Also i need suggestion, do these semi-transparent shadow look good?
2la7hxy.jpg

I made the large house, using many of Wesley-FG's tiles, so credit goes to him.

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
Uhm.. you have completely misunderstood, if you observe the OW,
1. I am not using HG/SS OW's, the one i am using are custom-made by Minorthreat.
2. There are no ready made NPC OW's for this custom base, so i am spriting them using the base.
3. Mixing HGSS and this custom made ow base would not look nice.
and i haven't even designed the female protagonist ( which i am doing work on )
In fact I said you COULD use them temporarily (not that you ARE using them) instead of customs ones to finish the protagonists first which are more important. =) Mine was only a suggestion. Also I didn't noticed that yours are smaller. ^^"
2la7hxy.jpg

I made the large house, using many of Wesley-FG's tiles, so credit goes to him.
Love it. It's perfect in my opinion.

Last edited:

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
In fact I said you COULD use them temporarily (not that you ARE using them) instead of customs ones to finish the protagonists first which are more important. =) Mine was only a suggestion. Also I didn't noticed that yours are smaller. ^^"
Yeah they look alike to HG/SS, and i need a good OW spriter, to sprite my male and female characters, because the one i made looks really bad, :/ ,i never want to use temporary OW's which do not belong to the same base, people keep complaining that it looks ugly to mix them up.
Hmm, because i created it, i was not sure if it looked good or not, thanks.
But now i have one actual screen from the game-play (i'll post other screens soon, mostly in OP):
73p46f.jpg

The grunt teases the player, revealing him a shocking truth.
Credits to Magiscarf for the water tiles, which i changed again of course. (Pallet)

Also i changed the idea for a HUD bar (since it was taking 1/5th of the screen), instead of staying all the time on the top of the screen, it will appear on screen when you hold a certain key, when you release it, the bar goes back, with sliding transition (like the location window pops up, when entering a new map).

Last edited:

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
Here is the female protagonist, it took so long to complete her, i am almost done with the OW which i'll post soon, here is the drawing i made, got messy cuz of poor camera quality: WARNING: Big Image.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Dedenne1

Years
Here is the female protagonist, it took so long to complete her, i am almost done with the OW which i'll post soon, here is the drawing i made, got messy cuz of poor camera quality: WARNING: Big Image.
Spoiler:
I like the new female protagonist a lot.

Yeah they look alike to HG/SS, and i need a good OW spriter, to sprite my male and female characters, because the one i made looks really bad, :/ ,i never want to use temporary OW's which do not belong to the same base, people keep complaining that it looks ugly to mix them up.

Hmm, because i created it, i was not sure if it looked good or not, thanks.
But now i have one actual screen from the game-play (i'll post other screens soon, mostly in OP):
73p46f.jpg

The grunt teases the player, revealing him a shocking truth.
Credits to Magiscarf for the water tiles, which i changed again of course. (Pallet)

Also i changed the idea for a HUD bar (since it was taking 1/5th of the screen), instead of staying all the time on the top of the screen, it will appear on screen when you hold a certain key, when you release it, the bar goes back, with sliding transition (like the location window pops up, when entering a new map).
I like the new gameplay screen looks great.

I think its best to not use any hg ss sprites and go at its own pace the protagonists need the most time on the sprites since they are most widely used so its best to get the other sprites out of the way and if u start to use other sprites u start to get lazy and not do custom which are superior so i would say to not use any hgss even as a temporary its better to just go slow and get it done the right way then to rush and get a demo out that doesnt look good and doesnt have quality. So far this game has the best quality sprites ive seen so id just keep doing what ur doing.

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
I like the new female protagonist a lot.

I like the new gameplay screen looks great.

I think its best to not use any hg ss sprites and go at its own pace the protagonists need the most time on the sprites since they are most widely used so its best to get the other sprites out of the way and if u start to use other sprites u start to get lazy and not do custom which are superior so i would say to not use any hgss even as a temporary its better to just go slow and get it done the right way then to rush and get a demo out that doesnt look good and doesnt have quality. So far this game has the best quality sprites ive seen so id just keep doing what ur doing.

I don't like HG/SS Sprites either way they are too big for the doors and have very big heads, as for now i am doing the town up:
25hieyh.jpg

and hopefully after completing few more OW's i can start with events (which can done really quick) and release a demo, the progress was stopped because i got cold, and i couldn't get them done, well hope to finish them ASAP!

Last edited:

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
Sorry for the long hiatus! i have been busy in real life and had no time to do any progress on the game, i have no intention of abandoning this project at all, i have transfered the game to v14 essentials, and thanks to Saving Raven, he made the female protagonist sprite for me ^^ :
29fcjm1.jpg

After doing some more OW i can be able to release a demo, so if anyone is interested in helping me be sure to PM!

Last edited:

Dedenne1

Years
Haha cool still looking forward to this! Feel free to vm me when the demo comes out and i could beta test if the timing is right ;)

Back