• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
As I said at the end there will be no difference, it's still totally normal if you've done the EV'd well.

Actually, my internet lagged, so I didn't see your first post before I replied, sorry lol But thanks :)
In any case, with no EVs, a lv. 45 Timid Zoroark would have a min sp. atk stat of 113 and a max of 126. Speed has min 99 and max 113. 136 and 146 are well above that, which indicates that your EV training was successful.

And also yeah, its done at the end of the battle. Just noticed while training my Mienfoo.
Ev training has changed this generation. |: Instead of adding on the Ev points at a level up, the Pokemon will gain them at the end of a battle. So your Zoroark will be gaining them, just very slowly.

Thanks for the input everyone :) Not use to this way of EV training, but as long as its working, then thats what counts. I'm going to hopefully try out this team in the tournament in Newark, NJ

Years
There is no one Unova Pokemon that is able to learn all of the HM moves in this game. To compensate, HM moves barely have any vital use in this game anyway. Including the national Pokedex, Dragonite can learn all the moves. Bibarel and a flyer should work well enough though.

Years
There is no one Unova Pokemon that is able to learn all of the HM moves in this game. To compensate, HM moves barely have any vital use in this game anyway. Including the national Pokedex, Dragonite can learn all the moves. Bibarel and a flyer should work well enough though.

Can you catch a bibarel in pokemon white? Another question is are there new natures in pokemon white? Because I'm soft resetting right now for naive oswatt and so far I got mild another old natures. What is mild and what does it do? Let me know.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Can you catch a bibarel in pokemon white? Another question is are there new natures in pokemon white? Because I'm soft resetting right now for naive oswatt and so far I got mild another old natures. What is mild and what does it do? Let me know.

Bibarel is found under the Village Bridge.

There aren't any new natures.

Mild adds to Special Attack and removes from Defense.

ZeldaStrife

PKMN Trainer for 16 Years
Years
  • Age 34
  • USA
  • Seen May 6, 2013
I have a quick question that I hope isn't too silly.

I just beat N at the Pokemon League; so now I have to find those Sages, but the Pokemon every other Trainer has is in the lower 60s, a vast difference to my only lower 50s level Pokemon that were needed to beat N. My question is this:

Where in Unova is a good area to raise and train Pokemon so I can beef up my team? Thanks, everyone.

Cid

Years
I have a quick question that I hope isn't too silly.

I just beat N at the Pokemon League; so now I have to find those Sages, but the Pokemon every other Trainer has is in the lower 60s, a vast difference to my only lower 50s level Pokemon that were needed to beat N. My question is this:

Where in Unova is a good area to raise and train Pokemon so I can beef up my team? Thanks, everyone.

If you don't care about getting HP IVs or mass murdering a certain species of Pokemon, then I'd say you go hunting for Audino. Those little critters give away tons of experience, especially if you have the Lucky Egg equipped. Where to find them? They can be encountered in rustling grass, but the rustling grass phenomenon can happen in any patch of grass in Unova.

I suggest you go to a grassy place where there are high-leveled wild Pokemon (such as the Village Bridge, which has a 90% wild Audino encounter with levels ranging from 47-50) to get a similarly high-leveled Audino encounter. Just run around (not in) the grass until you see rustling, (you can use Repels to ward off unnecessary encounters while you walk near the rustling patch of grass) and walk into the rustling patch of grass. There is a high chance that you would encounter wild Audino by doing so. Then after battling (they aren't tough to deal with), you can run around the grass again and repeat the process.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

softfang

Mike's Girl
Years
How to defeat Elesa?

I have currently in my team:

Meguroco - lv.19
Janovy - lv.28
Baoppu - lv.26
Monjara - lv.21
Haderia - lv.23
Chillarmy - lv.21

I know I'll probably have to level up my Pokemon a bit, but can anyone tell me how to defeat her, if I can, with what I have now? I hate her little... switch-out tactic. D: I'm trying to train my Meguroco and Monjara up a bit more so I can use Monjara's Sleep/Poisonpowder and Meguroco's ground-type moves to hit hard.

Any help would be appreciated. :D Thanks!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I have currently in my team:

Meguroco - lv.19
Janovy - lv.28
Baoppu - lv.26
Monjara - lv.21
Haderia - lv.23
Chillarmy - lv.21

I know I'll probably have to level up my Pokemon a bit, but can anyone tell me how to defeat her, if I can, with what I have now? I hate her little... switch-out tactic. D: I'm trying to train my Meguroco and Monjara up a bit more so I can use Monjara's Sleep/Poisonpowder and Meguroco's ground-type moves to hit hard.

Any help would be appreciated. :D Thanks!

Ok, you didn't mention who you're trying to beat... |:< But, from the "Switch-out tactic" I take it as Elesa? Yeah, she's a real pain, my advice is to level all of your Pokemon up to Level 27+ And use Sandile to deal with Zebstrika. Use Servine & Pansear to defeat her Emolga's. Of course use the other Pokemon for back-up.

Years
Question: I just transferred a kadabra from my 4th generation to my 5th generation white version. Kadabra is suppose to evolve from 'trade', but why didn't it evolve after I transferred 4th gen to 5th gen? Am I suppose to level my kadabra a few times?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Ok, I have a question:

This is only my second time in the Dream World. First time, all I got was a Nidoran, so I had no problem with sending that back. This time, I befriended a Poochyena and Bidoof, but could only bring one back, so I chose Poochyena. Will Bidoof be available next time? Or is it lost?

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
Ok, I have a question:

This is only my second time in the Dream World. First time, all I got was a Nidoran, so I had no problem with sending that back. This time, I befriended a Poochyena and Bidoof, but could only bring one back, so I chose Poochyena. Will Bidoof be available next time? Or is it lost?

Only you will send a pokemon you choose and if my experience and knowledge serves me, the rest will be lost.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
hey can someone help,
i saw a thread that was something like How to make a 'rate my team' thread.
But i cant find it again... can someone give me a link to it please :)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Only you will send a pokemon you choose and if my experience and knowledge serves me, the rest will be lost.

Just confirming this since you weren't sure, you're right. :3

hey can someone help,
i saw a thread that was something like How to make a 'rate my team' thread.
But i cant find it again... can someone give me a link to it please :)

It's in this thread.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Ok, now another question.

I keep getting this message about "prior Dream Remnants" when I use Game Sync to go wake my pokémon. Apparently it has something to do with me having not gone to the Entralink yet.

So, do I have to go to the Entralink before everything will be fine? And if so, do I have to only receive my items, or do I have to go get the pokémon I hadn't yet caught from in there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back