• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlier

Oh okay was't sure why I kept seeing that on certain member's profile. Thanks for answering my question.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
Is there a way to be notified of somebody quoting your post?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Not yet, but it's a very requested feature. Which means that our wizards working behind the scenes could be looking into a way to make it happen.

But for now, there's no way to be notified when you're quoted. You just have to keep track of threads you reply in by either subscribing to them, checking your posts through your profile, or just checking in any thread that you posted in.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Out of curiosity: I was registering an alt after deciding I wanted to latch onto a certain username- why does it still say you'll be unable to change your name? I'm guessing no one's updated it in a while, but I still found it odd considering username changes are around now and all.

Years
Out of curiosity: I was registering an alt after deciding I wanted to latch onto a certain username- why does it still say you'll be unable to change your name? I'm guessing no one's updated it in a while, but I still found it odd considering username changes are around now and all.

The registration page information will have to be changed by an admin; it must have been forgotten about. I'll give them a poke for you so we can get that updated. (° °)b Thanks for letting us know!

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2015
I don't see why we should have to post at least 15 times before being able to post a picture, Im trying to showcase my hack, does anyone know why that is?

Honest

Hi!
Years
It isn't pictures so much as it is links in general. And it exists as a way to prevent people from spamming websites, primarily advertisements. 15 posts is a rather small amount, though, so simply post around a little bit, and you'll exceed the minimum easy.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 27, 2014
Hi guys. :) Im new here. :) I want to ask something. Well, the thing is, I registered last night and started to browse on the emulation/rom hacking section. I saw this game called,"Pokemon Dark Rising". I want to play it but I want to play it on my Android. Can I? I really want to play it on my phone because I don't bring my laptop on school. Haha. Thankssss. :)

Last edited:
Years
Hi guys. :) Im new here. :) I want to ask something. Well, the thing is, I registered last night and started to browse on the emulation/rom hacking section. I saw this game called,"Pokemon Dark Rising". I want to play it but I want to play it on my Android. Can I? I really want to play it on my phone because I don't bring my laptop on school. Haha. Thankssss. :)
You could probably ask your question over at the Simple Questions thread in Emulation & ROM Hacking, as you may get a faster reply over there. Keep in mind as well that this section is only for questions regarding the PokéCommunity as well, please.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
On every page of this site I'm getting a big banner ad for "perfectpokemon.com" - with adblock installed. Is everyone else getting this as well, or just me?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
On every page of this site I'm getting a big banner ad for "perfectpokemon.com" - with adblock installed. Is everyone else getting this as well, or just me?

I have AdBlock installed as well; don't see that ad at all. Maybe it's got something to do with your forum style--try switching it? :] If that doesn't help, then maybe you should either re-install AdBlock or try clearing your cache and cookies.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I have AdBlock installed as well; don't see that ad at all. Maybe it's got something to do with your forum style--try switching it? :] If that doesn't help, then maybe you should either re-install AdBlock or try clearing your cache and cookies.
this is what it looks like. It's persistent across all styles and clearing my cache and cookies doesn't help either. I know AdBlock is working because it's blocking all other ads too.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I see it when I'm not logged in, but it disappears upon login. It's as if that particular banner bypasses the blocking mechanisms.

(I have AdBlock too, we're so mean towards PC's finances ;;)

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Weird, someone contacted me earlier asking about that exact advert. I always thought they were context-based but if this one is somehow getting past AdBlock... hm. That's pretty strange. I'll do some digging. @_@

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Is there a way to implement text-decoration on links in one's signature? Not sure how to go about doing this, as stuff I've tried hasn't worked.

Years
Is there a way to implement text-decoration on links in one's signature? Not sure how to go about doing this, as stuff I've tried hasn't worked.
What exactly do you mean by text decoration? Do you mean colorful links?

If so, then yes it's possible, but you would have to wrap them around differently. Instead of wrapping around the color like this:

Code:
[PLAIN][COLOR="Red"][URL="http://pokecommunity.com"]like this[/URL][/COLOR][/PLAIN]

with an output like this

You'll instead want to do this:

Code:
[PLAIN][URL="http://pokecommunity.com"][COLOR="Red"]like this[/COLOR][/URL][/PLAIN]

And your output should look like this

I hope this is what you mean. If not, then please show us an example if possible.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Oh, no, I guess text-decoration isn't the right word, it's just the biggest thing I want to change with the link. I mean controlling the four states of links (a:link/visited/hover/active) with CSS. Is there some special application of [cd] (or one of the other css tags) I'm missing here? Attempting to style a piece of text directly with text-decoration hasn't worked well, for obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back