• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
I'll also breed/catch mine today ^__^

Breed your Zapdos? Interesting... :D

None of these are my entries. I just want to clear the save that was in my Japanese Platinum I bought recently, so here are legends I caught (they can't get wasted, right?) :

Nicknamed: ハユーグレ, lvl 50
488.gif
Heal.png

Nature: Bold | Ability: Levitate | WILL 36937
IVs: 30/18/31/30/31/30 HP Fire 70
Caught at: Route 210
Notes: It's name means twilight blade in Japanese.
- Catch project for TwilightBlade & Mac of York -
~Non-redis~

Nicknamed: ネール, lvl 50
480.gif
Dive.png

Nature: Bold | Ability: Levitate | WILL 36937
IVs: 31/14/31/31/31/31
Moves: Helping Hand|Water Pulse|Trick|Signal Beam
Caught at: Lake Acuity
Notes: Named after Nayru from Legend of Zelda series. Moveset meant to be odd.
- Catch project for Sydian -
~Non-redis~

Nicknamed: Azelf (jp font), lvl 50
482.gif
Dive.png

Nature: Jolly | Ability: Levitate | WILL 36937
IVs: 31/31/31/1/31/31
Moves: Ice Punch|Fire Punch|Trick|Zen Headbutt
Caught at: Lake Valor
Notes: He wanted this name so... Whatevs, I have exactly the same Azelf, but English.
- Catch project for a user of Polish forums -
~Non-redis~

Nicknamed: トリック, lvl 50
481.gif
Heal.png

Nature: Quiet | Ability: Levitate | WILL 36937
IVs: 31/1/31/31/31/0
Caught at: Route 210
Notes: Named Trick, same as the move. I hope my Japanese opponents will think it's a Trick set while it's going to be Trick Room.
- Personal want -
~Non-redis~

Also, I'm testing this posting format, does it look good?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

Bag_Heal_Ball_Sprite.png
206.gif
Bag_Heal_Ball_Sprite.png

Flinchy
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 48
Touko | 39737 | Black
Adamant | Serene Grace | 31 31 31 29 31 31
Roost, Rock Slide, Coil, Thunder Wave
[Caught at Route 12]

I decided on one of my good favourites, Dunsparce, for this challenge. The other day when I first saw the challenge, I thought about choosing Haxorus xD but then after playing in the Battle Factory in HeartGold, I knew Dunsparce was a clear choice. Unlike some of the others, the hax has been on my side with Dunsparce. I went through all seven trainers of round 2 with only Dunsparce, using the evil combo of Glare to cut the opponents speed, and then Heatbutt and Bite to make them flinch and rage quit to death. It was some of the best fun I've had in a while to battle with. Not to mention when I was catching it earlier, it got 3 boosts from Ancientpower and defeated my Lv100 Volcarona with a critical hit from it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I love my Uxie, and I love that Azelf too. Fire and Ice Punch<3 And lol Vappy why do I always love your Pokemon? Probably because you chose a pink shiny. I love it though. I've been meaning to catch one myself actually, because I like that shade of pink. Though I'm probably gonna go for Modest. kekeke

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014

Bag_Heal_Ball_Sprite.png
206.gif
Bag_Heal_Ball_Sprite.png

Flinchy
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 48
Touko | 39737 | Black
Adamant | Serene Grace | 31 31 31 29 31 31
Roost, Rock Slide, Coil, Thunder Wave
[Caught at Route 12]

I decided on one of my good favourites, Dunsparce, for this challenge. The other day when I first saw the challenge, I thought about choosing Haxorus xD but then after playing in the Battle Factory in HeartGold, I knew Dunsparce was a clear choice. Unlike some of the others, the hax has been on my side with Dunsparce. I went through all seven trainers of round 2 with only Dunsparce, using the evil combo of Glare to cut the opponents speed, and then Heatbutt and Bite to make them flinch and rage quit to death. It was some of the best fun I've had in a while to battle with. Not to mention when I was catching it earlier, it got 3 boosts from Ancientpower and defeated my Lv100 Volcarona with a critical hit from it.

Very nice, Vappy ^^ I happen to like that quite a bit xD I forgot Dunsparce had Serene Grace... lol very nice explanation too xD

vaporeon7

Years
Now that I've traded it off, this is the Mystery Gift I gave Sydian.

004.png
223.gif
004.png

Sashimi
shiny.png
female.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Quiet | Sniper | 31 31 31 31 31 0 [HP: Ice 64]
Water Spout, Charge Beam, Fire Blast, Ice Beam
[Hatched at Undella Bay]

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
RNG'd the current Darkrai event. Nothing special, just thought I'd share :)

Bag_Cherish_Ball_Sprite.png
491.png
Bag_Cherish_Ball_Sprite.png

2012 May Darkrai | Timid | Bad Dreams
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
Dark Void, Ominous Wind, Faint Attack, Nightmare
2012MAY | 05092 (White Version)​

Last edited:

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Time for my entry!

Nicknamed: イシオニ, lvl 25, F
442.gif
Dusk.png

Nature: Impish | Ability: Pressure | WILL 36937
Caught at: Route 209
Notes: Name means Stone demon.
- Personal fav -
~Non-redis~

I went in-game in this entry. the only Spiritomb you can meet in-game is Cynthia's. For an unknown to me reason this "I HAVE NO FEARS" Pokemon trolls the hell out of it's Silver Wind. A battle against it without 3 boosts from that freaking move is... it never happened, actually... Oh, no wait! Once, it had +4 in each stat.

Well, I never use this on my Spiritombs, but I do like this Pokemon for three reasons:
- no weakness,
- great design,
- trolling me.
Yes, I like it haxing me all the time! Kinda masochistic, but if in-game Spiritomb is my pain in the neck, I really don't want to know how huge pain is it in my opponents' necks :D

vaporeon7

Years
Time for my entry!

Nicknamed: イシオニ, lvl 25, F
442.gif
Dusk.png

Nature: Impish | Ability: Pressure | WILL 36937
Caught at: Route 209
Notes: Name means Stone demon.
- Personal fav -
~Non-redis~

I went in-game in this entry. the only Spiritomb you can meet in-game is Cynthia's. For an unknown to me reason this "I HAVE NO FEARS" Pokemon trolls the hell out of it's Silver Wind. A battle against it without 3 boosts from that freaking move is... it never happened, actually... Oh, no wait! Once, it had +4 in each stat.

Well, I never use this on my Spiritombs, but I do like this Pokemon for three reasons:
- no weakness,
- great design,
- trolling me.
Yes, I like it haxing me all the time! Kinda masochistic, but if in-game Spiritomb is my pain in the neck, I really don't want to know how huge pain is it in my opponents' necks :D

I hated battling Cynthia's Spiritomb for that reason and because pressure would drain all my PP. Also fun fact: All Cynthia's Pokémon have flawless IVs.

Also you should totally put Sashimi in your trophy case Syd.

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
And another one bites the dust :-D
Bag_Luxury_Ball_Sprite.png
610.png
Bag_Luxury_Ball_Sprite.png

Axew | Adamant | Mold Breaker | ★
31 / 31 / 31 / 18 / 31 / 31
Scary Face, Slash, False Swipe, Dragon Claw
Brobee | 59398 (White Version)​

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
:( Mac reminded me that the challenge expired in like, 2 hours! I'm like, woah. I forgot, lol. I blame Final Fantasy XIII-2 for being a major distraction. ;^;

I really wanted to abuse Jirachi for this challenge because of Serene Grace. I didn't have time to take on such a project, so I looked at other Serene Grace users... Dunsparce and Togekiss were already abused, sigh.

I thought of another ability that gave me a headache... STATIC. The random paralysis always cripples my in-game team. I can't freaking stand it. Stunfisk uses its powers for evil. Can't it just flop around somewhere else? Stop paralyzing my team and stop giggling like a schoolgirl every time PC crashes. guh.

I named Stunfisk after the goddess in FFXIII-2. Etro + Troll = Etroll. Etro is a major incompetent troll. The goddess does not favor me, ever. :(

Bag_Quick_Ball_Sprite.png
618.gif
Bag_Quick_Ball_Sprite.png

Etroll the Stunfisk ♀
Bold | Static
31 | 9 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
OT: Alice ID: 57098

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I also RNG'd my Darkrai in Black. No point posting pictures and such since we already know about it, but the IVs are 31/0/31/31/31/31 and it's Timid. Gonzo, your Spiritomb makes me wanna hatch a shiny one lol. Love that thing <3 AND VAPPY I WILL when i get less lazy. ;;

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014

I got used to people forgetting about my challenges. Anyways, This challenge is extended, it ends at 11:59:59 PM today.

Edit: UTC -4

It looks like everyone is busy with their school lives and everything, so I guess that's why not many were able to participate in this challenge. The next challenge starts in about 32 minutes so I'll go ahead and announce it now. I'll update the first post tomorrow sometime.

RNG a Motherly Pokemon!
Mother's Day in the US and Canada is this Sunday, the 13th, so go ahead and RNG a Pokemon that you think is or can be motherly! The explanation is what really counts, so go all out and you won't regret it!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Aw poopy, as Mac knows I did actually do the last challenge! I just forgot to post it 'cos work and stuff :( I RNGed an Amoonguss (NON-shiny) since tbh that's the perfect Pokemon to abuse hax. Its effect spore ability combined with its countless status moves and tricky combinations lead to Amoonguss requiring bucket fulls of luck to do well in battle, as well as needing to come up against a Physical opponent to fully utilize its ability. It's also a perfect TR candidate which needs skill and luck in itself. I was also considering Dunsparce for HB flinching or Togekiss for parahax, but I choose Amoonguss in the end. :3 So yeah I doubt it counts for the challenge anymore, but I'll post my beauty anyway. c:

011.png
591.png
011.png

Amoonguss Lv. 40
OT: Ozzy
Ability: Effect Spore
Nature: Bold
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0
EVs: UT
Moves: Sweet Scent, Toxic, Giga Drain, Synthesis​

Also Blade I love your Buizel hnggg. <333 I'll work on the motherly challenge later. :3

oocyst

SOFTware
Years
So i was thinking of Motherly pokemon and obviosly Kangaskhan sprang to mind immediately, but I thought to myself: "That's the easiest thing to think of.." So I started looking around and quickly thought of Nidoqueen. Nidoqueen's pokedex entries speak of her defending her children with her life: "This POKéMON is at its strongest when it is defending its young.", "It uses its scaly, rugged body to seal the entrance of its nest and protect its young from predators.", "It will protect the young in its burrow with its life.". Nidoqueen can be either defensive, which means shielding her children from attacks, or be an all out attacker. That last part corresponds well with her Dream World Ability, Sheer Force. She ignores everything else and gives her all to defend her children, risking even her own life. her moves become stronger, but don't have any secondary effects. And even while she's very offensive she also has pretty nice defensive base stats, so she can tank a few hits while all out attacking. That's why I chose this set:

031.png

Nidoqueen
Sheer Force|lvl. 16|Modest
31|23|31|31|31|31
Tail Whip|Sludge Wave|Ice Beam|Thunderbolt
Hatched in Pinwheel Forest

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Aw poopy, as Mac knows I did actually do the last challenge! I just forgot to post it 'cos work and stuff :( I RNGed an Amoonguss (NON-shiny) since tbh that's the perfect Pokemon to abuse hax. Its effect spore ability combined with its countless status moves and tricky combinations lead to Amoonguss requiring bucket fulls of luck to do well in battle, as well as needing to come up against a Physical opponent to fully utilize its ability. It's also a perfect TR candidate which needs skill and luck in itself. I was also considering Dunsparce for HB flinching or Togekiss for parahax, but I choose Amoonguss in the end. :3 So yeah I doubt it counts for the challenge anymore, but I'll post my beauty anyway. c:

011.png
591.png
011.png

Amoonguss Lv. 40
OT: Ozzy
Ability: Effect Spore
Nature: Bold
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0
EVs: UT
Moves: Sweet Scent, Toxic, Giga Drain, Synthesis​

Also Blade I love your Buizel hnggg. <333 I'll work on the motherly challenge later. :3

I'm going to accept this late challenge entry for the Haxxorz Challenge after consulting with Gonzo.

So i was thinking of Motherly pokemon and obviosly Kangaskhan sprang to mind immediately, but I thought to myself: "That's the easiest thing to think of.." So I started looking around and quickly thought of Nidoqueen. Nidoqueen's pokedex entries speak of her defending her children with her life: "This POKéMON is at its strongest when it is defending its young.", "It uses its scaly, rugged body to seal the entrance of its nest and protect its young from predators.", "It will protect the young in its burrow with its life.". Nidoqueen can be either defensive, which means shielding her children from attacks, or be an all out attacker. That last part corresponds well with her Dream World Ability, Sheer Force. She ignores everything else and gives her all to defend her children, risking even her own life. her moves become stronger, but don't have any secondary effects. And even while she's very offensive she also has pretty nice defensive base stats, so she can tank a few hits while all out attacking. That's why I chose this set:

031.png

Nidoqueen
Sheer Force|lvl. 16|Modest
31|23|31|31|31|31
Tail Whip|Sludge Wave|Ice Beam|Thunderbolt
Hatched in Pinwheel Forest

Nidoqueen is an excellent choice, if I may say so myself! It was one of the Pokemon that I had in mind besides Kanghaskhan for this challenge, so I'm glad to see someone else thought along the same lines. I really like your description :D

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Here is my motherly entry.

004.png
059.gif
004.png

Sherlyn / Arcanine (f) lv. 1
Intimidate | Jolly
Cedric | 26099
31/31/31/31/31/31
[ Flare Blitz, Morning Sun, Wild Charge, Close Combat ]
-hatched in Nuvema Town-

Not only do dogs protect their puppies, but my mom likes dogs! I named this one after my mommy. Arcanine perfectly describes my mom. She's always been protective of me and my sister (not psycho crazy though) and this one is shiny specifically because her hair is blond, haha. And her hair is kinda puffy, like Arcanine's mane so it fits. Flawless IVs because my mom takes forever to get ready to go somewhere and she has to be FLAWLESS and PERFECT. And then Morning Sun because who got me up for school till high school? Mommy. And Flare Blitz and Wild Charge are funny because when my mom runs, it looks funny and me and my sister laugh at her lol. Close Combat is just kinda there. Jolly nature is not only good for Arcanine, but my mommy is always happy!! I think it's her bouncy blonde hair and the fact she likes to wear nice colors. I hatched it in Nuvema around the player's house because that's where mom is. You ca always come home to mom! MOMMY ARCANINE! :)

Wiilio

Friendly neighborhood fatman
Years
So some dork named Mac told me to post here. So here I am.

I need purpose in Pogermins. So if someone could recommend any RNG's to do, I'd be glad to do them.

As long as they don't suck. :B

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
So some dork named Mac told me to post here. So here I am.

I need purpose in Pogermins. So if someone could recommend any RNG's to do, I'd be glad to do them.

As long as they don't suck.

Well, you could always go for the challenge! The current one is up a few posts but not in the original topic yet. RNG a Motherly Pokemon but don't forget a description on why it's motherly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back