• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
How do you get to other areas in Dream World? I'm tired of Pleasant Forest...

Once you get enough points by playing with Pokemon, planting/harvesting berries, etc, you'll automatically unlock the next area, the sky iirc. Then when you go to the island of dreams it will pick one randomly to go to every time.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2011
Random matchup problem

idk if this releated to this forum but evreytime i try random matchup it just tell me i cant participate and all my pokes legal i have legal moves and stuff i even copied teams from other peoples just to see if the problem fixed but its not
whay i cant participate?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
idk if this releated to this forum but evreytime i try random matchup it just tell me i cant participate and all my pokes legal i have legal moves and stuff i even copied teams from other peoples just to see if the problem fixed but its not
whay i cant participate?

What's your team? Do you have Sky Drop? That's a move that's banned that you wouldn't expect to be due to glitches. If you don't have Sky Drop, post what your team is.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
whay i cant participate?

If you have any Gen 5 Pokemon with a Dream World Ability, it won't let you battle with them. None of the Gen 5 Pokemon have Dream World Abilities yet.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
how can i know what dream world abillity is? im using serebii for abillity check

It's displayed as "Hidden Ability", though you literally can't give them the abilities without hacking so I'm sure that isn't a concern. We do need to see your team though, to judge.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2011
alright
BTW credit goes to platinumdude!

1.ferrothorn@none
Stealth rock
leech seed
gyro ball
power whip
abillity iron barbs

2.gliscor@destiny knot
earthquake
ice fang
toxic
protect
abillity hyper cutter

3.terakion@air balloon
swords dance
rock polish
close combat
stone edge
abillity justiefied

4.latios@choice scarf
draco meteor
hidden power fire
surf
trick
abillity levitate

5.jellicent@none
scald
will o wisp
recover
taunt
abillity water absorb

6.conkeldurr@leftovers
bulk up
drain punch
stone edge
mach punch
abillity guts

this is the team!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
How do I get to the area on Route 18 with Battle Girl Hillary and the double grass? There's an item there too. I've played this game a ton of times and STILL have never been down there. ;( I don't have a screenshot to show what I'm talking about, unfortunately. But I mean, I see no stairs, places to Surf to get to it, etc so it's just taunting me.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
How do I get to the area on Route 18 with Battle Girl Hillary and the double grass? There's an item there too. I've played this game a ton of times and STILL have never been down there. ;( I don't have a screenshot to show what I'm talking about, unfortunately. But I mean, I see no stairs, places to Surf to get to it, etc so it's just taunting me.

When you go down the northernmost staircase, surf east to P2 Laboratory. From there, navigate west in between the fast currents. Make sure not to hit any of them. Keep going west and you'll get there.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
alright

1.ferrothorn@none
Stealth rock
leech seed
gyro ball
power whip
abillity iron barbs

2.gliscor@destiny knot
earthquake
ice fang
toxic
protect
abillity hyper cutter

3.terakion@air balloon
swords dance
rock polish
close combat
stone edge
abillity justiefied

4.latios@choice scarf
draco meteor
hidden power fire
surf
trick
abillity levitate

5.jellicent@none
scald
will o wisp
recover
taunt
abillity water absorb

6.conkeldurr@leftovers
bulk up
drain punch
stone edge
mach punch
abillity guts

this is the team!

It's either the Latios or the Conkeldurr, I think. Bulbapedia says that Latios can't learn Trick so I'm leaning towards that. :x

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
alright

1.ferrothorn@none
Stealth rock
leech seed
gyro ball
power whip
abillity iron barbs

2.gliscor@destiny knot
earthquake
ice fang
toxic
protect
abillity hyper cutter

3.terakion@air balloon
swords dance
rock polish
close combat
stone edge
abillity justiefied

4.latios@choice scarf
draco meteor
hidden power fire
surf
trick
abillity levitate

5.jellicent@none
scald
will o wisp
recover
taunt
abillity water absorb

6.conkeldurr@leftovers
bulk up
drain punch
stone edge
mach punch
abillity guts

this is the team!

Well, you could've asked me before using this team, but I'll let it slide...

Hyper Cutter is one of Gliscor's normal abilities (the other is Sand Veil). Gliscor's Hidden/Dream Ability is Poison Heal (Gligar's Hidden/Dream Ability is different; it's Immunity).

You don't get Gliscor with that ability in-game (in-game, you can only encounter Gligar/Gliscor with Sand Veil or Hyper Cutter); Gliscor with Poison Heal can only be obtained as Gligar with Immunity. by playing with the Global Link (Dream World) on Pokemon.com.

Edit: @Toujours: Latios can learn Trick.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Only one of them has to be foreign. Most people go with Ditto, since it can breed with almost anything.

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2011
Finally got pokemon white :D
Just want to know what is a really good fire type pokemon and why does it take longer to level than the rest of the pokemon series.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back