• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Hippos aren't the world's most aggressive animal.
They're certainly one of the worlds most aggressive animals, though.

Also, just because one person was able to do that, it doesn't mean another will. There's still a high chance that the animal could attack. It's happened hundreds of time before. It's more like animals are tolerating your presence, not really a 'bond' in most cases.
Some dogs have turned round and randomly attacked and killed their owners, and that too has happened hundreds of times. Yet dogs are one of the most popular domesticated animals around. I've also met cats that are completely mundane and have failed to form a bond of friendship with their owner, and essentially "tolerate your presence".

I dont really think wild animals like that should be kept as pets tbh.
Agreed. However, if the animal is happy and doesn't cause any problems for anyone else, I'm not against the idea of it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
They're certainly one of the worlds most aggressive animals, though.

That, I agree with.

Some dogs have turned round and randomly attacked and killed their owners, and that too has happened hundreds of times. Yet dogs are one of the most popular domesticated animals around. I've also met cats that are completely mundane and have failed to form a bond of friendship with their owner, and essentially "tolerate your presence". What point are you trying to prove? I also don't know how you managed to conclude that it's not a bond "in most cases".

In some cases, it can be friendship, however, most of the times with wild animals, it's not. Unlike domesticated ones, you won't be able to take the 'wild' out of the animal. Not to say that a domesticated animal is 100% 'trainable'. Many people who try to form the 'bond' don't know much about the animal themselves and say, 'Oh I've had it for ___ years and it never attacked me. It responds to me when I call it, etc.' You can't do that in most cases. Just because you hand rear an animal doesn't mean it'll bow down to your every whim.

And I didn't mean to come off rude or anything at all, so I apologize if it does.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
In some cases, it can be friendship, however, most of the times with wild animals, it's not. Unlike domesticated ones, you won't be able to take the 'wild' out of the animal. Not to say that a domesticated animal is 100% 'trainable'. Many people who try to form the 'bond' don't know much about the animal themselves and say, 'Oh I've had it for ___ years and it never attacked me. It responds to me when I call it, etc.' You can't do that in most cases. Just because you hand rear an animal doesn't mean it'll bow down to your every whim.
I get what you're saying. An animal's built-in mentality is not altered by its upbringing. I agree with that.

And I didn't mean to come off rude or anything at all, so I apologize if it does.
Neither did I, which is why I edited out that last part of my reply to you in hopes that you wouldn't notice :3.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I was bawling over the amazingness that is Les Mis when it hit Christmas :3

Years
Bringing the topics of Christmas and animals together now, I just gave the cat a new feathered cat toy and she's going completely nuts over it like a kid on Christmas day.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Merry Christmas! I can't say anything on the animal side of things for the holiday but I will say that I'm sad nobody is doing a marathon of my favorite Christmastime movies.

Those being movies that feature James Bond, naturally. Nothing says "holiday spirit" quite like gadgets and international espionage.

Years
MTV played Gangnam Style as soon as it turned Christmas xD
I didn't actually watch anything on TV, just was on PC and had to prepare for the big day!

Years
To be quite honest the only gifts I would love to get for any occasion is money. I already have all the tech gadgets I need and I need to save money to pay loans hahaha.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
HO HO HO! MERRY EVERYONE!

homer.jpg

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and the like!

At least I get to fiddle around with my spiffy new laptop.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Merry Christmas.

It's almost 10:30am here and nobody has opened gifts yet. I guess I just will be wandering around PC and listening to music while I wait for everyone else in my house to be ready.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Merry Christmas.

It's almost 10:30am here and nobody has opened gifts yet. I guess I just will be wandering around PC and listening to music while I wait for everyone else in my house to be ready.

Same here. My father stayed up 'til like 3 AM, so I doubt he'd be getting up soon, especially considering its 8:30 here.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
There are no presents in my house this Christmas because I got one big one months ago, but I'm happy with Christmas minus gifts :) It's kinda nice to not be like "Christmas is good because I got X" or "Christmas sucks because I didn't get Y", and instead to focus on the events of Christmas instead of the gifts.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
The new title is meaningful, because I was given cash for Christmas. XD

Now I'm going to listen to Christmas songs and watch Christmas-related videos on youtube. Sadly, my day has been already this morning as I went to safebooru to see some Christmas fanart, and I stumbled upon a few 18+ images, which were not suppose to be on Safebooru (only at Danbooru). Every holiday, I'm suppose to not see any of those 18+ images at all (nor "go to my happy place"), because that will offend the spirits of those holidays.

Merry Christmas to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back