• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Don't Like It!

Years
I don't use the legends that much in the main story and post game story. But once I'm done with them, they are fair game.
But there are a few exceptions:
Shuckle: Only had its use as a candy maker in the old games.
Unknowns: Without knowing what typeing their hidden move are makes them hard to use. And not being able to learn any other moves too.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 31, 2022
As a general rule, I don't use legendaries. In-game or in a more serious, competitive battle. Except Phione, and even then, nobody seems to be able to agree whether it's actually a legendary or not. The only exception I make is if the legendary in question is that area's first encounter when I'm doing a Nuzlocke. And it's happened- I did add Hotwings the Moltres to my team in my Yellow Nuzlocke, albeit extremely late in the storyline. Also, I tend to stay the hell away from in-game trades because nine times out of ten, I hate their nicknames and the fact that I can't change them, to say nothing of the risk of overtraining them to the point where they start to disobey.

Other than that, though, I'm open to pretty much anything. Using Unown in-game? I've tried it before, and with a little patience and some luck with the Hidden Power type, it's generally not as bad as one would fear it to be. Nothing spectacular, of course, but it's not complete garbage, either. And in Red/Blue, I've actually used the Mew Glitch to get stuff for in-game use such as Lickitung (no in-game trade for me, remember), Gengar (if I still have a game link cable anywhere, I have no clue where it is, so I can't just evolve a Haunter), and even Missingno. itself. I've gotten that thing as early as just before Cerulean Gym (I know you can get it with the Special stat of Misty's Starmie, but some of the wild Abra on Route 25 will work as well), and used it in-game. Due to its crappy defenses and Speed, it's a considerable challenge, but my perseverance pays off in the end when I teach it stuff like Hyper Beam, Earthquake, and Rock Slide. Hell, in Yellow, right now, I have a Lickitung and an Onix in my team, and I just reached Indigo Plateau. But if you want something that'll top all of that, I beat Alpha Sapphire with a team of Sunkern, Nosepass, Luvdisc, Feebas, Happiny, and Farfetch'd. No evolving, no Egg moves, but for the sake of the point I was making, I did take advantage of the other conveniences the game offered (Exp. Share, Pokémon-Amie bonuses, easy Lucky Eggs from wild Pelipper, etc.). And it was easy! I only needed to use one Revive, and it was against the Champion!

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
Years
Are there any Pokemon you refuse to use in your Pokemon games? Why?

For me, anything goes.... mostly.
There are only three Pokemon I'll never use, whether in an in-game or a competitive team, and they are Greninja, Garchomp, and Gyarados. The Unholy Trinity of Ugly G's. I dislike them way too much to even consider using them.
Of course, I'm not gonna hate on anyone for using them (because they are pretty good, battle-wise), but I wouldn't myself :-P

Years
Before, I refused to have pokemn that can only evolve by trade because I didn't had nobody for trade...

I feel you Mawa.. I don't use graveler, haunter, kadabra etc before because I have nobody to trade with... well until now.. ;-;

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Legendaries. I don't like using legendaries.
When I got Latios in Omega Ruby, I surfed back to Mauville to deposit him before continuing my journey to Fortree City.

Years
I won't ever use legendaries, any gimmick pokémon who don't learn actual moves like Unown and Delibird, and Medicham. It just looks so stupid.

This^ basically.

-I also try to avoid using pokemon that are too commonly used by in game trainers such as Rattata or any "team Mascot" pkm.
-I tend to avoid extremely popular pokemon such as Tyranitar, Pikachu. for the sake of originality.
-I don't use Starter after first playthrough. Ties into the "too popular" thing i mentioned and kind of a subconscious rebellion to the game practically dictating for me at least 1 of my teammates will be.
-I try to avoid using pkm my rival uses or elite 4. Sometimes even gym leaders, depending on the version. Though since dragonite is my fave i will probably have him regardless.
-Poison is my favorite type and i really want to like Drapion, but it just looks dumb to me. As well as Garbodor. Also Skunktank. I want to like it.. but it kinda sucks. I don't mind the design though.
-I don't use pkm designed for team battle... they are useless to me. Plusle,minus, etc. (though someone did give me a pretty hard time with an illumise online recently)
-I typically don't bother with pkm that have a trade-evolution. I don't have friends nor have the time to beg and hope someone will help me.
-

Last edited:

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
I'll use anything, even the Pokemon I'm not really fond of, since sometimes I like to get out of my comfort zone and use them. :D Generally, however, I try to avoid using legendaries in in-game teams and I also don't use unevolved Pokemon - if a Pokemon can evolve then I make sure they are fully evolved.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Any pokemon that required a trade, or any sort of stone to evolve. The only 2 exceptions to this were Nidoqueen and Nidoking, 2 pokemon that I have used quite a lot.

Back