• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon X and Y from an Anime Perspective

Years
From what I've noticed, even-gen sagas tend to have slow paces in the anime, where there's mostly filler, so expect X and Y to do the same thing.

Yeah, I sort of noticed this trend. Sinnoh and Johto had loads and loads of filler whereas Kanto and Hoenn lacked a lot of filler, and ended quickly meaning they had a special saga follow it. Hoenn did have decent pacing though.

Unova will probably end up finishing early and then have a filler saga like the last two odd-numbered generations did before heading into the X & Y saga.

A3R0D4C7YL

Dark Type Master
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
I could see Ash starting of with a Chespin b/c Fennekin doesn't look too Ashy(-boy haha) and Froakie. Just no. Please don't.

And since there MAY BE a Heracross evolution/prevolution...I could see that. Also Gible NEEDS to evolve.

Ash'll probably get all 3 starters like last/this time...I'd want him to make Chespin fully evo. Fennekin evo. once and Froakie not evolve...idk why but I just HATE Froakie XD

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2013
Ash gets another grass starter, takes Pikachu and cilan goes.
If there are a lot of dragons in this region then Iris will go and Gible will find a way to go on the journey

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Might as well, right?

Will Ash take some of his pokemon over, as it seems a lot of older pokemon are represented. Or at least shift them throughout XY Saga?

Probably not. He'll just take his Pikachu with him as usual. I know him by now to know that he's going to ditch all his others at the lab.

Will either Iris or Cilan follow Ash to the new region? Or will he have completely new companions?

None of them will travel with him at all because they'll all separate and we'll get two new travel companions. Watch. It's going to happen.

Out of the starters, which do you personally prefer Ash to have or do you wish for him to have more then one?

Froakie. It would suit him and I'd like to see him with Chespin to keep with the grass starter tradition.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
- Will Ash take some of his pokemon over, as it seems a lot of older pokemon are represented. Or at least shift them throughout XY Saga?
The only Pokemon I see coming back is Pikachu as usual. Maybe if there's a older Pokemon that gets a new evolution, it'll tag along with him like Aipom and then evolve. Though I hope it doesn't end up like poor Ambipom. There's rumors of Sableye (and Heracross appearently.) getting an evolution in X and Y and one appears in the 16th movie. Maybe Ash will catch one before the end of the BW series like how he caught Aipom during Battle Frontier at the end of the Advanced series. Though then again, I don't see Ash having a Sableye on his team, but Iris got a Dragonite, and I didn't expect that.

- Will either Iris or Cilan follow Ash to the new region? Or will he have completely new companions?
I can see Cilan coming to the new region with him, but not Iris. I see her returning to the Village of Dragons or continuing her journey by traveling to other regions to become the champion. And frankly I don't want Iris to come back.
- Out of the starters, which do you personally prefer Ash to have or do you wish for him to have more then one?
I think Ash will have either Chespin or Froakie. Froakie seems like it would suit him very well. Though I don't see him with Fennekin. If he does get Fennekin, then I hope that it doesn't get the "Fire-type starter is abandoned by previous trainer" treatment.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
Will Ash take some of his Pokemon over, as it seems a lot of older Pokemon are represented. Or at least shift them throughout X/Y Saga?

I think he'll just take Pikachu over, as usual, who will, as usual, revert back to Level 5. He may take along a Pokemon that is given a new evolution in Gen 6, like what happened with Aipom. I'm hoping he brings back older Pokemon for that saga's League as well.

Will either Iris or Cilan follow Ash to the new region? Or will he have completely new companions?

Good Arceus, I hope they don't follow him. Maybe Cilan, but definitely not Iris. I'm hopelessly hoping Brock and Misty come back. Or if not, he'll have the first Gym Leader tag along as usual, or for a twist, the game's male protagonist (I call him Xander).

Out of the starters, which do you personally prefer Ash to have or do you wish for him to have more then one?

For some reason, I see Ash with Froakie. He may obtain Chespin second. But Fennekin... I see the main rival having that one.

Personally, I'm hoping for a reboot, in the style of and with all the awesomeness of the anime trailer for B2W2. Ash should get his older, smaller-eyed design back, and not be much of an idiot. Team Rocket should go back to being comic relief, and the theme songs should be awesome and talk about being the best battler again. I also want Ash destroying bikes and evolving his Pokemon again.

Years
What would you like to see for the Pokemon X and Y anime?

Although Masamitsu Hidaka stated that Misty will no longer be in any future Pokemon episodes, now that he's fired from his job, I would really love to see Misty again in the new series. I would also love for Ho-oh to make it's debut in the Pokemon anime. I would even like if my favorite Pokemon, Blastoise, makes frequent appearances in the new generation.

What would you guys like to see?

Last edited:

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
Although Masamitsu Hidaka stated that Misty will no longer be in any future Pokemon episodes, now that he's fired from his job, I would really love to see Misty again in the new series. I would also love for Ho-oh to make it's debut in the Pokemon anime. I would even like if my favorite Pokemon, Blastoise, makes frequent appearances in the new generation.

If you think they'll bother with older Pokemon besides Pikachu then your living in a dream world.

ShadowMirror

Ready for the Battle
Years
I WANT MY PPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

i mean seriously ash is just so mean for leaving him, aslo i want either misty or dawn to return, also i want brock back, we need brock

Back