• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Third Game Name

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
...Assuming that these games do get a third game. But given the past, and given the name of these two, it's highly likely there will be a third. What do you think it'll be called if it happens? Considering Chromosomes and all, I think Chromium or Chrome might be suitable for the next, or even Z, given the X/Y/Z. Discuss!!!

Years
Bit early to discuss I think! :P
But it will clearly be Pokemon Z. My question is, what will 'Z' legendary look like; a snake?​

!Gambit

Pokemon Trainer Jessie Ryder
Years
I agree, Z is probably the best bet. Well, X doesn't really look like an X, just its eyes, so maybe it will be in its design elsewhere?

blue

gucci
Years
Barely two hours and we're already onto this discussion!

I'm thinking along the obvious lines of Pokemon Z but Nintendo have a reputation for surprising us so I'm also bracing myself for Pokemon XY

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I was going to make a thread on Z but I thought it was too early to discuss and still do. Well I think it'll be Z which will be green in the logo so that way it'll have the 3D colors (those commonly representing 3D) of blue,red, and green. The pokemon will be green...maybe a Rayquaza expy with a slender body with spikes forming a Z.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Geez, Nica, we barely got the news for two new games and you're already discussing a possible 3rd one? ;3

Z would be plausible, yes... But then again why not "Q", if we're discussing the not-often-used letters of the Alphabet (Uhm, I'm not talking about the English language with it's frequent use of "Y", but other languages such and Dutch and French - see possible European Region). I'd like a Quetzalquotl Pokémon, and no, not Rayquaza.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
They gonna do a second curveball by giving Z version then continue with XYZ2

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
omg Jake said it was never too early I STAND BY THAT. :(

But idk while I'd like Z I'm a bit weary that the obvious might not happen as Bluerang said, and Chrome might fit perfectly in that place like I mentioned. Or maybe something like Generation tho that might be a bit crazy :x

Years
Well GF were originally going to do a third but suppoedly Nintendo which was disappointed by them not going 3DS told them to do something different to make up for it and we got B2W2 instead of good old Grey. Also people accurately predicted Emerald and Platinum 2/3 isn't bad.

Years
Really? Jumped right on that opportunity didn't you Nica. ;P

Well it's obviously going to be Z, it's just.. it has to be. Once we know about the Legendary Pokemon and have all played the game, we'll see the 'third' Legendary and will be able to judge. How they'll make the letter Z look attractive on a Pokémon, however, is beyond me.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Although its a bit early to tell, the third game will most likely be Z or GF might pull another rabbit out of the hat and might not even make a third game.

Years
Really? Jumped right on that opportunity didn't you Nica. ;P

Well it's obviously going to be Z, it's just.. it has to be. Once we know about the Legendary Pokemon and have all played the game, we'll see the 'third' Legendary and will be able to judge. How they'll make the letter Z look attractive on a Pokémon, however, is beyond me.

I'm guessing a green Serpentine pokemon with spikes at the edges of the curves. Basically a Expy of Rayquaza like how Kyurem's location was an expy of Giratina's. Oh and a Serpent represents rebirth too fitting the Life-Death-Rebirth theme prediction some of us have.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
Duh, it's going to be A!

No really it's going to be Z its XYZ then XYZ 1 1/2 will be made

Seriously. Z seems like the obvious answer.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Pokemon X2 and Pokemon Y2

If they do make one, It's probably gonna be Pokemon Z or Pokemon XYZ. But they didn't make Pokemon grey so..

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Well you never know with them now because last time Grey was the most obvious and they went for something else. And Z seems a bit too obvious.

Back