• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions Thread! [OLD]

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
You can pay the retreat cost to retreat once. For example if you have an active Pokemon with 0 retreat cost and retreat it, then you can't retreat another Pokemon. You can only retreat once per turn, but you can play trainers or abilities which can switch out your Active Pokemon as many times as you can. So you can play 4 switch in one turn if you really want to.

Years
I want to make a deck with fire and psychic , and the Litwick evolution line, just for the fun of it, so my question is = can a Fire Lampent/Chandelure evolve from a Psychic Litwick/Lampent ?
I see a few of the same Pokemon, but in different types, and just wondered if they can evolve if they are different types though. But of course you would have the acquired energy cards.

Thanks so much :)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
So I bought myself the Plasma Storm Giratina deck, I wanna base my deck around Mewtwo EX or something equally viable, should I do only a pure psychic type deck or I should mix it up?

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
I want to make a deck with fire and psychic , and the Litwick evolution line, just for the fun of it, so my question is = can a Fire Lampent/Chandelure evolve from a Psychic Litwick/Lampent ?
I see a few of the same Pokemon, but in different types, and just wondered if they can evolve if they are different types though. But of course you would have the acquired energy cards.

Thanks so much :)

Yes they can. They are both from the same evolution line and type does not matter. You can evolve a Dark Deino into a Dragon Zweilos etc.

@LilJz
There are many variants which use Mewtwo EX. Mewtwo EX is one of the most universal attackers so he can be splashed into any deck. If you want a deck which is pure psychic you could try Mewtwo EX with Gardevoir since she provides an extra psychic so 1 attached counts as 2, 2 counts as 3 etc.
Another pure Psy deck is Quad Sigilyph with Mewtwo-EX.
Other Mewtwo variants are Landorus,Mewtwo-EX with Garabador, Keldeo-EX/Mewtwo-EX/Blastoise and Darkrai-EX/Mewtwo-EX.
It's all up to you what deck you wish to play but having 1-2 Mewtwo-EX is going to help whatever deck you plan to use.

Years
if i use the card named ''rival'' do i reveal the top 5 cards of my deck to my opponent and he chooses 3 of those cards or do i show the cards to him face down and THEN reveal the 3 cards that he chose?

Years
That is a fake made by aschefield101 of DeviantArt.

The actual full-art Lugia EX looks like this:

displayimage.php

and the regular Lugia EX looks like this:

displayimage.php

Years
Thing is, there are very few Lugia cards that are actually Water type cards, because Lugia's typing in the games is actually Water/Psychic.

Also, there are two types of "EX/ex" cards. One is Pokemon ex (note the lowercase and italics of the "ex" - this is key to the difference between ex/EX Pokemon), and these were printed from EX: Ruby & Sapphire until EX: Power Keepers. The other is Pokemon
30px-Pok%C3%A9mon_EX.png
(note that this is in all-caps and a picture is actually used), and these have been printed in all sets since Black & White: Next Destinies was released in English as well as the corresponding Japanese sets.

A full list of Pokemon ex:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokemon_ex

A full list of Pokemon
30px-Pok%C3%A9mon_EX.png
:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon-EX_(TCG)

The lists include the types of each ex/EX card as well as what sets versions of it were printed in.

Years
yep, but it is pretty rare to get one of those, i would say just get the tin because it would be cheaper than buying all kinds of booster packs and not getting a mewtwo EX. MEWTWO EX ONLY COMES OUT IN NEXT DESTINIES EXPANSION BOOSTER PACKS!!!!

quoted from bulbapedia:

''Mewtwo (Japanese: ミュウツーEX Mewtwo EX) is a Psychic-type Basic Pokémon-EX card. It is part of the Next Destinies expansion.''

these are the graphics

200px-MewtwoEXNextDestinies54.jpg
200px-MewtwoEXNextDestinies98.jpg
200px-MewtwoEXBWPromo45.jpg

Last edited:
Back