• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hoopa coming soon?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
Should be fairly soon, at least in Japan. How long was it after Diancie was officially announced that they released her?

Years
I hope it is distributed soon, but it may still be a few months away. Searching for the trailer and event for North America, Diancie was distributed a bit over 8 months after being announced.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I didn't realize it was that long. I knew it was months after it was announced in Japan that we got it, but I thought the US Pokemon site didn't list Diancie until close to when it got released. Darn, here I was hoping it was coming out soon.

Years
I would think Hoopa will release before terribly long, since they gave us Diancie it's a sign that this exists, they already confirmed it exists so all they really need to do now is release it. And hopefully with insight on how to allow it to go unbound...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The thing is I don't think Hoopa will be given to XY owners. The official site oddly only mentions ORAS...I think ORAS owners will get it some time in late fall to early winter around when the movie is shown outside of Japan.

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
Years
Why does these new pokemon get weirder and weirder?...

You mean weirder than a three magnets stuck together, a giant pile of sludge and a little pink dinosaur with no ears and a massive tongue?

No but as for Hoopa, we can only hope.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
The thing is I don't think Hoopa will be given to XY owners. The official site oddly only mentions ORAS...I think ORAS owners will get it some time in late fall to early winter around when the movie is shown outside of Japan.

that doesn't really matter, because it will still be usable in X and Y, but the shiny Rayquaza that's being given out starting tomorrow is compatible with all 4 games, so who knows, we'll just wait and see.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I do believe that it will probably coincide close with the movie since it was the same for Diancie. So several months (Ju...ly? I think?) for Japan and then a few months later (maybe November or something?) for US and other countries. But at the same time it might come earlier than that.

Also while I'm not sure I care for it's unleashed forme or whatever I love it's normal forme.

Years
that doesn't really matter, because it will still be usable in X and Y, but the shiny Rayquaza that's being given out starting tomorrow is compatible with all 4 games, so who knows, we'll just wait and see.

That's true, but I doubt ORAS owners would send their Hoopa's to their XY copies given that ORAS has unbound forme Hoopa while XY doesn't, at least competitive players.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
That's true, but I doubt ORAS owners would send their Hoopa's to their XY copies given that ORAS has unbound forme Hoopa while XY doesn't, at least competitive players.

Obviously you haven't seen the message boards and Facebook posts and people asking why they can't send Kyogre, Groudon or Rayquaza from ORAS to X or Y (because of the exclusive moves and/or hold items) why WOULDN'T they send it to X or Y? Particularly if they don't actually have ORAS and JUST X or Y and want someone to trade Hoopa to them. Not every goes out and buys both versions of every single pokemon game that comes out, there are still plenty of people that ONLY have X or Y or Or or As, so just because YOU have ORAS and XY doesn't mean everyone else does

Years
Obviously you haven't seen the message boards and Facebook posts and people asking why they can't send Kyogre, Groudon or Rayquaza from ORAS to X or Y (because of the exclusive moves and/or hold items) why WOULDN'T they send it to X or Y? Particularly if they don't actually have ORAS and JUST X or Y and want someone to trade Hoopa to them. Not every goes out and buys both versions of every single pokemon game that comes out, there are still plenty of people that ONLY have X or Y or Or or As, so just because YOU have ORAS and XY doesn't mean everyone else does

I was referring to ORAS and XY owners, but you're right about only XY owners.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm pretty fond of the Hoopa-Unbound form they have in store for us.

Generally, Hoopa seems to be one of those underdog legendaries, at least in my eyes, and this takes itself much, much further, to level of the likes of Lugia, Ho-Oh, Rayquaza, and so forth (in terms of appearance, that is). I'm not sure what it's stats will be as of yet (have they announced these sort of info?), but I assume it's likely going to be very powerful.

It's good that they're finally considering to release Hoopa. Some might have already gotten a hold of it thanks to cheat codes and whatnot, but I'm sure majority of us haven't; we'll appreciate getting the chance to encounter and catch (well, at least I know I will).

Reactions: Sun

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
I wonder how we're gonna get Hoopa in the game, a generic event, or an interesting arc of story
I do hope that it's a little story arc type thing, or at least something like getting Arceus or Darkrai via the Azure Flute/Hotel Pass thing in DPPt. Those were nice. I don't think that we've had something like that since Gen 4 actually.....

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2017
I hope we don't become hoopa like diancie. -__-
I was in november in many gamestop branch office and they don't have one diancie code...
Hope for an online download. :/

Back