• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Server Support

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
4chan is the dumbest thing to exist imo.

You will be getting some issues entering the server, i.e. cloudflare. Just wait a moment for the page to reload and you'll be able to go in. However, you still have to log in with an unregistered nick though.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
I'd really love to know the reason why they hacked Showdown. According to 4chan they "messed" with them. If it was Mod Abuse they could have taken action in a civilized manor by Forging a Legitimate complaint in the Showdown Forums. Instead they take the childish way out and look up on Youtube how to DDos a compact server like Showdown. The server is always filled with over 10,000 users and 2,000 battlers, and tha'ts just counting the Main Server, not the Network of small servers Showdown has to offer. Overloading the network with tons of traffic is child's play. The attitude that was present in their 4Chan note is like they won the battle. Nope, you lost by hacking. I honestly want to know what happened so I can measure their stupidity level. Now thanks to them main servers including PC's are being flooded by Spammers and "trolls." congratulations you deserve a cookie ;)

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I guess PS have some other problems besides of 4chan hacks and stuffs, as revealed on their Twitter account several hours ago:

We've figured out our server problems! A hard drive failed. We should be up and running again within half a day. Thanks for the concern! Your user accounts are all saved, but we're resetting the ladder to speed up getting everything working again. Sorry for any inconvenience!

I hope this will bring you guys some hope that we can access the server, including PC Battle Server, soon.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
I never thought I would ever go into the battle server and see this saddening sight...RIP

Spoiler:

Why do hackers think they're so cool for harassing a website so useful to pokemon fans and competitive battlers, a free one even. This upsets me so much that people can do something like this over being "messed" with. People can be so immature. I hate you 4chan

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
god damn doof stop scaring me.

Well, in regards to Windy's post, we can all breathe a sigh of relief that it's more than just the hacking and hopefully later on we can get on tonight or tomorrow!

Starry Windy

Years
Well, apparently the login system is finally fixed (I hope this is for real, I'm tired posting stuffs if it is turned untrue several hours later), but I'll let my fingers crossed for now.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Showdown seems to be back in order.

Something I was wondering though, do OU and Ubers include the ORAS stuff in them now? The separate ORAS OU and ORAS Ubers ladders are gone.

Starry Windy

Years
Speaking of bugs, I'm wondering if you have fixed the bug, that even if I challenged someone, that someone don't receive it for some reason. I guess it has been days after that bug exists.

Last edited:
Years
So I'm having a bit of trouble.

I click the Battle Server link and PS automatically puts me under a guest account. I click "Choose Username" and pick one, but after that it asks me to enter a password I didn't create yet. It happens every time I choose a new name, so I know it's not an issue of it being taken already.

Is there a default password that is used with the creation of each new account? I don't know what to do.

><"

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
every damn name is taken on showdown, trust me... god even names with the most ridiculous unicodes are taken :/

are you really sure that the names you usually pick are not taken? cos there isn't a default password for every new account lol

try entering a random name like maybe dsfjosdj and see if that works, otherwise i have no clue :p

Last edited:
Years
The username I was going to use is my username here (just C/P if you don't have a Numpad for the borders [Alt + 179]).

I think you'd be able to recognize if a name is taken better than I could. I don't know PS very well.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Problem solved teehee :3 filler

okay so im having a problem entering the server, it's been 3 hours since i last logged onto the server because of this :(

http://i.imgur.com/zbcRAZ9.jpg

ik my chrome/netbook is ****** and breaking on me, but i just want to ask if there's a way to solve this if it's a chrome problem. or maybe a server mod/admin thought i was being cheeky so he/she banned me? idk help pls D:

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
okay so im having a problem entering the server, it's been 3 hours since i last logged into the server because of this :(

http://i.imgur.com/zbcRAZ9.jpg

ik my chrome/netbook is ****** and breaking on me, but i just want to ask if there's a way to solve this if it's a chrome problem. or maybe a server mod/admin thought i was being cheeky so he/she banned me? idk help pls D:

This happens to me when my internet connection is pretty slow and unstable. It sucks, really, but I just wait until I can connect again. Oh and I've checked, you're not banned from the server :p

EDIT: have you tried using a different browser, by the way?

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
This happens to me when my internet connection is pretty slow and unstable. It sucks, really, but I just wait until I can connect again. Oh and I've checked, you're not banned from the server :p
thanks for the reassurance, zeff o/ oh well, i'll just have to wait until i can connect again ><

edit: the only alternate browser on my netbook is firefox, and yes, i've tried it, results are the same.

okay sorry for the double post but if i dont do so, no one will notice lel

the problem above persists. my connection is very strong and the main server seems to work smoothly. i can hop onto our server with my alt comp but that is rly troublesome. like i said, idk if its chrome or my ****** netbook, but if its a chrome problem, pls help. thx ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
thanks for the reassurance, zeff o/ oh well, i'll just have to wait until i can connect again ><

edit: the only alternate browser on my netbook is firefox, and yes, i've tried it, results are the same.

okay sorry for the double post but if i dont do so, no one will notice lel

the problem above persists. my connection is very strong and the main server seems to work smoothly. i can hop onto our server with my alt comp but that is rly troublesome. like i said, idk if its chrome or my ****** netbook, but if its a chrome problem, pls help. thx ;)

I honestly think you've already pinpointed your problem. It's likely your netbook, given the fact that you've already tried other browsers. Regardless though, I would trying clearing my browsers cache and see if that could help.

EDIT: Hrm, okay. This is odd. It seems that I am also experiencing a similar problem.
EDIT2: Oof, nevermind. I rebooted my laptop and I can connect now, yay!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Online now
Sorry about this guys, but the server crashed again. Steve will get it back up shortly and I'll see if I can figure out what's causing the server to crash every ~4 days.

Back