• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
1. How do you make an NPC move on a Script Tile/Event? I tested the script on a regular person, and they moved, but they didn't move at all (but executed the other scripts) when I set the script on a Script Tile/Event

2. The cave warps won't work... I set the unknown to 03 and all that stuff, it doesn't work. When I replace the sprite with a ladder, it works, but with the cave sprite, it doesn't work. I tried putting the warp tile 1 cell away from the cave sprite, not working. Warp tile on the sprite, not working as well. Tried making the Cave Sprite walkable, nothing. Made it unwalkable, still not walking... This is extremely frustrating me...

3. How do you make an NPC (person) appear invisible at first and become visible when you walk on a Script Event?

All I need =D

1. Even if the NPC can step on the tile where the script is, the script won't be activated. Only the player can activate scripts.

2. There are two kinds of floor tiles with the same picture. Use the block editor to see which one's for warping.

3. Set a flag. Then clear the flag.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2009

1. Even if the NPC can step on the tile where the script is, the script won't be activated. Only the player can activate scripts.

2. There are two kinds of floor tiles with the same picture. Use the block editor to see which one's for warping.

3. Set a flag. Then clear the flag.

Thanks, you helped me with number 2, but barely on 1 and 3.
For number one, that is exactly my point. When you're on a SCRIPT TILE/EVENT, how do you make another NPC move, for example, make NPC EVENT NUMBER 3 move to the left. Usually all I'd do is applymovement @w/e 0x3 #org @w/e #raw w/e w.e #FE
I got it to work, of course, when talking to the npc, but when I step on a SCRIPT/EVENT TILE, it doesn't work. I don't get it.

As for number 3, It needs more detail. How do I get it to be visible/invisible with just flags?
For example, all I do is set flag 0x1010 and it'l be invisible? WTF that doesn't make any sense, get into depth.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Thanks, you helped me with number 2, but barely on 1 and 3.
For number one, that is exactly my point. When you're on a SCRIPT TILE/EVENT, how do you make another NPC move, for example, make NPC EVENT NUMBER 3 move to the left. Usually all I'd do is applymovement @w/e 0x3 #org @w/e #raw w/e w.e #FE
I got it to work, of course, when talking to the npc, but when I step on a SCRIPT/EVENT TILE, it doesn't work. I don't get it.

As for number 3, It needs more detail. How do I get it to be visible/invisible with just flags?
For example, all I do is set flag 0x1010 and it'l be invisible? WTF that doesn't make any sense, get into depth.

simple.
read scripting tutorials in the Documents and Tutorials.
to move NPC's, use applymovement commands.
set the NPC's flag ina script to make them invisible. clear their flags in another script to make them visible.
the rest is in the tutorials.

search and learn there.
thank you~

karlbutler19

Novice Pokemon Hacker
Years
Hey Guys
ive recently learned how to edit a FR title screen and i can get the image to show fine but my problem is the pallette editing, i know how to do it however for some reason my new image always uses pallette 2 and if i change it so the pokemons colours are correct the big pokemon logo's colours also change slightly, its frustrating. ive looked at tutorials and they all edit the charizard pallette, i have followed guids step by step and the only difference i get is my images dont use the charizrd pallette instead it uses the second line for some reason.
can anyone help?

Years
OK me and a group of people on another forum are trying to make a Pokemon hack but we don't know if its possible to insert DP moves and animations in a GBA ROM. Can anyone shed a little light on this?

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2009

simple.
read scripting tutorials in the Documents and Tutorials.
to move NPC's, use applymovement commands.
set the NPC's flag ina script to make them invisible. clear their flags in another script to make them visible.
the rest is in the tutorials.

search and learn there.
thank you~
Got it, EXCEPT FOR THE FIRST ONE, which is frustrating the hell out of me..

I already know how to move an NPC, applymovement, simple.
It works and all, but IT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL when I insert it into an SCRIPT/EVENT TILE.

The msgbox appears and stuff, but the NPC doesn't work, it only works when I set the script on the NPC.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2009
I NEED HELP!!!(with am1.92

Okay first of all..Admins,could anyone of you help me to put this in the correct section?I couldn't find it...so i put it here.

Okay my problem is this...i downloaded am1.92 but when i loaded any of my Pokemon Fire Red,Leaf Green,Ruby,Sapphire or even my Emerald version it says "File access denied"

And i didn't post anything anywhere so i cant post the link so i hope tht anyone of you can tell me how to fix it...
Please reply fast...Admins please move this and write in the link here...or write where is it placed...thanks in advance....

Edit: Oh I've even downloaded am1.92 again and again from different sites...including the roms...

Last edited:

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
What are these numbers and letters in the showpokepic script stand for?

showpokepic 0x4002 0xA 0x3

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Got it, EXCEPT FOR THE FIRST ONE, which is frustrating the hell out of me..

I already know how to move an NPC, applymovement, simple.
It works and all, but IT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL when I insert it into an SCRIPT/EVENT TILE.

The msgbox appears and stuff, but the NPC doesn't work, it only works when I set the script on the NPC.

check the NPC's person event number and use it in the script.
if the person event's 6, then
Code:
applymovement 0x6 @move
if it's 10, then
Code:
applymovement 0xA @move
or
Code:
applymovement 10 @move
and then after the applymovement command, use the code
Code:
waitmovement 0x0

an example script...

Code:
#Dynamic 0x900000

#org @start
checkflag 0x1001
if 0x1 goto @done
applymovement 0x1 @a
waitmovement 0x0
message @1 6
applymovement 0xFF @b
waitmovement 0x0
message @2 6
applymovement 0xFF @c
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @a
#raw 0x01 0x56 0xFE

#org @b
#raw 0x00 0x57 0xFE

#org @c
#raw 0x04 0xFE

#org @1
= Yo!\nWait!

#org @2
= You don't have a PKMN yet!\nIt's too dangerous to go there without\la PKMN!

if it still won't work, then post your script in the Script Help Thread and post your problem there.

What are these numbers and letters in the showpokepic script stand for?

showpokepic 0x4002 0xA 0x3

showpokepic is the command that tells the ROM that you're gonna show a picture of a PKMN in an event.
0x4002(eh? o.O) is the PKMN number in hex.
0xA is the x-coordinate where the pic will be displayed.
0x3 is the y-coordinate where the pic will be displayed.

Last edited:

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Ahh thanks a bunch. It's all clear to meh now.

Quesion:

How would I go about NOT being able to play as a girl or have a rival? You just pretty much read the intro?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2011
Okay, this is for Platinum (U).

I am trying to modify Chimchar's Types to Dark/Fire, because my new sprite has him look dark with red on him.

The problem is, I have completely forgotten how to do it with a hex editor, and no other program can change the data for the pokemon (PDEDS crashes because of incompatibility)

So, would anyone like to give me a link to a tutorial talking about this? For some reason Google, pokecommunity, pokesav, and a lot of different places have nothing on this issue/tutorial.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2019
if i have a gba rom and i patch it with a rom base that has new tiles...will the tiles only change or will the patch change everything else too?

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2009
wtf.. How do I make an IPS file? I searched "Making an IPS file" On google and here, there are NO results... what the hell..?

And, some people are saying we can add 25 extra pokemon. Can someone post a link to a tut on how to do so, or explain just here? Thanks!

-Equeraide

Last edited:

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
wtf.. How do I make an IPS file? I searched "Making an IPS file" On google and here, there are NO results... what the hell..?

And, some people are saying we can add 25 extra pokemon. Can someone post a link to a tut on how to do so, or explain just here? Thanks!

-Equeraide
Use Lunar IPS, it comes with Elite map. It has a patch making option.

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
PMD is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. To do so, you would have to either resize existing overworlds or create a new one. Refer to Darthatron's tutorial for doing that.

At psyduck6199 - Only the tiles will change.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Is it possible to make a 2v2 fight like in emerald where you had like 2 people facing 2 people but in FireRed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back