• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
Hmm...there isn't anyway to save the block data from a ROM as an image file, is there? (A-Map, of course)

When saving it, you can try selecting all files instead of .dib, then typing ".bmp" (without quotes) after the name you put in. that mgiht work.

Also, to do wiht my problem, I put free offsets for both the pallette and the image, and it still does it :(

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2009
*sigh* Well since no one seemed all that interested in replying to my past post I guess no one knew much about it.

So I'd like to suggestions, besides advance-text, which tools could help me translate the japanese version of pokemon fire red's attacks and pokemon names?

A good portion of tools simply don't want anything to do with the japanese version so it would help if someone could give me a hint.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
*sigh* Well since no one seemed all that interested in replying to my past post I guess no one knew much about it.

So I'd like to suggestions, besides advance-text, which tools could help me translate the japanese version of pokemon fire red's attacks and pokemon names?

A good portion of tools simply don't want anything to do with the japanese version so it would help if someone could give me a hint.

For what reason are you translating the Japanese one when the game exists in so many languages!
Silly Silly person!

Gamewhale

lol --
Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2012
Can someone please give me a link to a download of Trainer Edit?

Thanks in advance. :)

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Well, I find A-Trainer much more efficient. Try it out, just go to the toolbox and go to Hackmew's thread ;)

Gamewhale

lol --
Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2012
Well, I find A-Trainer much more efficient. Try it out, just go to the toolbox and go to Hackmew's thread ;)
I have already tried it, but it has a bad glitch that I can't fix or work with, so I have to use Trainer Edit instead. Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

So does anyone have a link to a download of Trainer Edit?

Logan

Years
Maybe we could help you with the error? Maybe ask hackmew? I'm intrigued, are you adding the new trainers next to each other? As that is often a problem, I suggest putting a space or two between each trainer.

Gamewhale

lol --
Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2012
Maybe we could help you with the error? Maybe ask hackmew? I'm intrigued, are you adding the new trainers next to each other? As that is often a problem, I suggest putting a space or two between each trainer.
Well, I'm trying to give Roxanne a Lv. 20 Pupitar as her last Pokemon, but when I save and go on to Brawly, he has the Lv. 20 Pupitar as his first Pokemon! So I change it to a Lv. 24 Machop, and then I go back to Roxanne, and now she has the Lv. 24 Machop instead of the Pupitar! Do you know of any way to fix it? :)

Logan

Years
You just make a new trainer with the sprite, music and Pokémon etc. And then change the script to have that trainer ID. That should work.

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2009
For what reason are you translating the Japanese one when the game exists in so many languages!
Silly Silly person!

I explained it before and that's not an answer!

Translating because the fire red version I'll be messing with will barely be fire red anymore by the time the japanese are done with it (new game mechanics and new storyline).

Someone mentionned something about transfering the patches or data or whatever but since he didn't really explain I can't really even begin to imagine what he meant.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I'm using various .png files I got online, mostly ones created for Hoenn and GBA-style Kanto and Johto maps; a lot of them came from this forum. As for what I'm trying to do with it, I'm just trying to create maps for the new region I created for a fanfic project I'm working on. All of the tile map editors I've tried using either have a tile limit so low, it's impossible for me to do anything with them, or they require the tilemaps to be of a ridiculous extension, like .xtv or something else I can't reproduce. And most of them end up crashing on me for no reason while I'm using them; I was trying to make a worldmap on Tile Mapper, for example, and it froze up when I tried saving my progress for a second time, forcing me to shut it down and lose everything, and for some reason, it refuses to load the map file I DID manage to save.

I'm not doing anything drastic with them, I'm just using them in the way they were intended. I dunno why they're crashing on me, except maybe that they hate being used on Vista. I'd like to try and solve the problem I'm having with File Mapper, since I really like how you can grid the tilesets yourself and resize them any way you wish, meaning I don't have to worry about missized tilemaps, but any workable tilemapper would be fine.

Edit: Looking back at Tile Mapper, it looks like I can export my maps as .png files, like I wanted, so all I really need is someone with experience with the program that can help me fix its tendency to crash and not upload any of the map files it creates.

Well there is an alternative. Make the tilemap with a hex editor :P

Years
Okay, well still wrestling with code and didn't think this was serious enough or relative too much to the script help.

Anyways, for some reason as I put more and more code into my stuff things get buggy. But not to the point where I can't play, just to the point where anyone would look and be like, "Man a newb made this crap".

The main problem currently is:
Start Menu in Pokemon (FR) has this weird static bar going across the DESCRIPTION text (blue) bar. Also, when I use some commands like GIVE, strange ASCII text scrolls over it. It doesn't hurt the game's integrity or action, just looks dumb.

Any solutions or tips?

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2009
Okay so I'm having the hardest time with P.E.T. Whenever I try to change trainer pics or Pokemon, I get a Run-time error telling me that I'm missing a directory path to a bitmap. Is there a bitmap directory I can download somewhere, or what can I do to alleviate this problem?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Okay so I'm having the hardest time with P.E.T. Whenever I try to change trainer pics or Pokemon, I get a Run-time error telling me that I'm missing a directory path to a bitmap. Is there a bitmap directory I can download somewhere, or what can I do to alleviate this problem?
I think you have to download rsball and export all the images. Then you put them in the same folder. Thats probably why it says that.

Okay, well still wrestling with code and didn't think this was serious enough or relative too much to the script help.

Anyways, for some reason as I put more and more code into my stuff things get buggy. But not to the point where I can't play, just to the point where anyone would look and be like, "Man a newb made this crap".

The main problem currently is:
Start Menu in Pokemon (FR) has this weird static bar going across the DESCRIPTION text (blue) bar. Also, when I use some commands like GIVE, strange ASCII text scrolls over it. It doesn't hurt the game's integrity or action, just looks dumb.

Any solutions or tips?
Don't take this as an official answer but I think maybe you went over freespace? idk like I said dont use this as your final answer.

Years
Can you elaborate on freespace? I am guessing you mean, went over the size alotted by my rom?
This sounds like it would be some what correct. I know something is overlapping and causing Hex's to clash and bytes to go crazy which causes these random glitches..

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Can you elaborate on freespace? I am guessing you mean, went over the size alotted by my rom?
This sounds like it would be some what correct. I know something is overlapping and causing Hex's to clash and bytes to go crazy which causes these random glitches..
well In fire red I think free space is 00. (correct me if I'm wrong.
For ruby I'm 100% sure its FF.
Omg. Thank you so much! You've been such a great help!
No problem. I assume that worked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back