• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon type?

Favorite Pokémon type?

• Normal

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Fire

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Water

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Electric

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Ice

• Grass

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Bug

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Rock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ground

• Poison

• Fighting

• Flying

• Psychic

• Ghost

• Dark

• Steel

• Dragon

• Fairy

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
Years
I voted for Water, because I love every quality about this type. Water-type Pokemon are often very versatile in terms of battling roles given some are purely defensive while others are all-out offense, and the diversity in designs shows just how many different aquatic life there is that has now been used for the basis of a Pokemon design (still questioning why there's no dolphin yet Game Freak) plus I'm a fan of aquatic elements in general, considering I live in a country that is like completely surrounded by water.

Also, my fave Pokemon happens to be a Water-type so yeah. Close second faves are Psychic, Grass, Fairy, Ice, Flying, Ghost and Electric in terms of designs.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I can safely say Fire! It's the starters I always pick and I feel strange without a fire type on my team. The moves aren't that exciting tbh, but the pokemon are. I'll say Flame Wheel might be the coolest move there.

Water is also great though, it's much better as a type in some ways. The pokemon usually don't excite me quite as much though.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I know it's been awhile, but I want to see more people vote on this poll. I am glad I remembered that this already existed, because I almost made another. Ice-types are still my favorite.

Years
My favorite type is Dragon! I love the challenge and effort that goes into training dragon types into powerful companions. It's silly, though, because my two favorite Pokémon don't fall under the typing (Rhydon and Ho-oh) but I love everything about dragons and usually have one on my team.

My favorite one is split between Garchomp, Hydreigon, Salamence and Jangmo-o and my favorite move is Dragon Dance. :)

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Sep 25, 2017
My favorite type is the much underestimated Bug type. Bug types are one of the most versatile types. They can be physical attackers, special attackers, support, defensive walls, but most of all they are team players. They can add a lot of strength to a team.

Quiver Dance is probably my favorite Bug type move. If you can't figure out why, you must be new to this Pokemon thing.

AleXShi1

Keep it real
Years
Dark is probably my favorite, its a hard call between Dragon, Dark or Ghost but dark probably wins since it has really amazing pokemon like Darkrai, Yveltal, Umbreon Honchkrow and weavile just to name a few, also besides the Mandibuzz line there is no pokemon i dislike.
Also has really cool moves like Dark Pulse, Dark Void and nightslash

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
Years
  • Age 24
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 6, 2023
I love Dark types, but runners up are Fire and Dragon types. Dark types are my favourite because I love all dark type Pokémon, even Alolan Persian! All of them have that traditional Dark look, which I absolutely love. Notable favourites are Honchkrow, Weavile and of coarse Incineroar.

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
Favourite type is Ice, because I like the cold and I love the designs of most Ice type Pokemon.

Favourite Ice type move is probably Freeze-Dry. Does decent damage, has a decent amount of PP, and is super effective against Water types. It came in very handy on a playthrough when I decided to try and use types I don't normally use as it gave me coverage for Water types without needing a Grass or Electric type on my team, neither of which I wanted to use as I use them a lot.

Back