• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I opened 5 Rising Fist boxes last night. Best haul I've ever had.

Every Holo bar Blaizeken x3, 2 Hearcross, Seismetoad & Dragonite EX's, 3 Mega Heracross and 1 Mega Lucario, 1 Full Art Lucario & 1 Secret Rare Mega Heracross.

Best Haul I've had collecting Korean sets.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Went to Meijers and bought some packs. I ended up buying a Furious Fists Elite Trainer Box, I don't really have any use for the items in it besides the packs but I figured what the heck. I also got some Boundaries and Next Destinies and 3 of those Flashfire 3 packs since 10.99 is a great deal.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The Full Art Toxicroak and the M Charizard Y came in the same 3 pack.
tumblr_nb8ljicYW81r12rm4o9_r1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nb8ljicYW81r12rm4o10_r1_1280.jpg

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Grabbed an X/Y box today, pulled 3EX and 5 Holo.

EX: blastoisee, Skarmory and venusaur.

I think favourite card I pulled today was TalonFlame Holo. Has some nice artwork on it. Doubt I will get more now as few birthdays coming up. Hoping to complete X/Y set with birthday money though and get the set completed.

Ended up wanting to complete all the sets now. Shame earlier ones going to cost a fair bit. Wish I got into it sooner haha.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
When I started collecting Dragons Exalted I did so because my local Walmart and Meijers were stocking boosters from the set again. I figured I'd never complete the set, but......
tumblr_nbtbcbrT6d1r12rm4o1_500.jpg

Meijers had just 4 Dragons Exalted booster packs left and it was in the first pack I opened. I now only need Ho-Oh(Also looking for another Giratina) to finish the full art set, and Giratina, Terrakion and Ho-Oh to finish the regular ex set. Also interestingly I've pulled 6 Full Arts from DE, with only 1 duplicate Rayquaza.

Here's my overall pulls, got that Noivern Holo, also I saw 4 Plasma Storm booster packs in the front, did the hand shaking trick to see if I could feel something, bought that one and it had a Scramble Switch.
Spoiler:

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
I gave my stepbrother 2 red genesect collections and a furious fists pack, mainly for the trainers
This is what he pulls
Bxiu6l0CUAAVD53.jpg:medium

He got more than the amount of the red genesect collections itself

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
This probably doesn't count, but in the last 2 weeks I've purchased an XY Base set & Furious Fists booster box along with the 2 Mega Charizard Jumbo Promo sets, Charizard EX & Krookodile EX box, a Pyroar Box, The Mega Charizard Pin collection sets and a Mewtwo EX tin.

I've started a sealed English collection as I'm a foreign card collector but the sets and box designs that come out over here make it worth it. I used to collect WWE figures Mint in box so I think this is a natural step for my collecting.

To keep this relevant, I pulled double Mega Venusaur & Mega Blastoise EX's out of a couple of X and Y collection booster packs.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
On the 13th I bought some Dragons Exalted and Furious Fists packs and got a second Shaymin Ex and a second Lucario Ex.

Today I bought a couple Next Destinies packs and 1 of those 3 packs for Furious Fists and a 3 pack of Flashfire from Meijer, and got holoVanilluxe and Holo Moltres and Heracross Ex. That brings my ultra rare total to 140.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Today I went to Walmart and bought the first 6 Dragons Exalted booster packs and the first 6 Boundaries Crossed packs on the pegs. I'm contemplating buying a BC Booster box but I'm worried I'll get another Celebi full art since my first two contained it.
Spoiler:

Anyways my pulls from them include a Ho-Oh ex, so now I only need Ho-Oh Full Art, Giratina Ex and Terrakion Ex plus three of the secret rares to finish the set. However if I get the Ho-Oh full art first I may not pursue the other ex's/secret rares since I'm more interested in the full arts.
I also got a Rayquaza ex, my first not from a booster box, and then a White Kyurem Ex and a Computer Search.
The only new card was the Ho-Oh.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
If this counts I found a bicycle card on amazon for only 2 bucks

when I got it, it was actually reverse foil :D

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Got a Lugia EX & a Darkrai EX tin in the mail and a Mega Lucario Pin set. Also from ebay I bought a Mewtwo EX Full Art!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I bought 11 packs from Meijer yesterday and got a Dragonite Ex and a Hawlucha Ex.

Edit 9/20/14: Today I bought a Mega Charizard X box, 3 Dragons Exalted packs and a Flashfire 3 pack. I'm actively looking for Kangaskhan and Ho-Oh full arts from both sets, once I have those I'll probably stop buying the packs of these sets outside of promo packs of course.

Anyways I got another Magnezone Full Art from the 3 pack and a Magnezone Ex from the box, overall neither Mega Charizard box brought anything great, unlike the Xerneas Collection box which brought a M Blastoise Ex and the Yveltal Collection Box which brought a Xerneas Full Art. Seemed to go the way of the Kalos tins. Meanwhile these Flashfire 3 packs have been very giving. I also got a Pyroar Holo and 3 new reverses from Furious Fists including Noivern, Magcargo and Accelgor.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Today I went to Target and bought 2 Slurpuff 3 packs, 1 of those Electivire, Dusknoir. Scizor alt holo packs and a 2 packs/4 holos pack of BC and Plasma Storm.

The best card I got was a Dragonite Full Art, aka the card I most wanted from Furious Fists. It appears to have a discolored spot right above Dragonites arm on the right side. But overall it doesn't bother me. It's also slightly miscut but not severely. It was located in the second Slurpuff blister.

Other rares I got was Holo Machamp and Landorus and Rev Blaziken.

tumblr_nbtbcbrT6d1r12rm4o5_r1_1280.jpg

I decided to take a pic from a different angle.
Spoiler:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Picked up a Furious Fist, Plasma Blast and Legendary Treasures box over last few days. Have lots of pictures but heres some from my FF box

Spoiler:

Also got normal Heracross EX and M Heracross EX.

Last edited:
Years
I got a HS Unleashed booster pack today just because I could (and I love the HS sets) nothing extraordinary, but I did get this.

View attachment 73521

A nice holo Torterra for my collection. If any of you were wondering my reverse holo was a Good Rod. Also, I didn't take this picture (cause I'm lazy today) so I got it off google images.

Years
Got an Ancient Power Box the other day. Pulled the following:

FlashFire booster - regular Pokemon Fan Club and Golem

Furious Fists booster 1 - Blaziken, Focus Sash, Mountain Ring

Furious Fists booster 2 - reverse holo Machamp, regular Heracross EX, Mountain Ring

Oh, and the 5 cards that are visible in the window of the box (special holo of each of the following: Tyrunt FFI, Tyrantrum FFI, Amaura FFI, Aurorus FFI, Fossil Researcher).

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
UGHGHGGHH...
I was about to buy a mewtwo EX tin because of its price jump, but didn't
and so my little brother buys it instead.
I shame him for wasting money

AND HE GETS A GENESECT EX, CHANDELURE EX, VIRBANK CITY GYM, POKEMON CATCHER, AND ANOTHER HOLO RARE.
>:(

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I was looking at my Scizor/Dusknoir/Electivire packs and noticed something

Here's the commons/uncommons in the first pack

Drowzee, Clefairy(70), Pikachu, Gothita, Electabuzz, Vigoroth, Poliwhirl, Watchog

And second pack

Golett, Drowzee, Clefairy(70), Pikachu, Gothita, Vigoroth, Poliwhirl, Watchog

Has ayone else got this same combination of commons/uncommons in a pack? Or did you find a repetitive combination of commons and uncommons?

Edit 9/28: I was looking at the cards and the Dusknoir was poorly put into the pack, I'm not sure how they put the cards in but the bottom of the card didn't go in correctly and was wrapped around it so it very badly damaged. The Electivire has a slight bend on the bottom and many scratches on the back of the card. All three have fingerprints on the front of the cards. The Scizor is probably the least damaged, with just the fingerprints on the front. I guess thats a good thing as that's the card I bought the pack for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back