• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
GMOD does that, it's like an apocalypse to your computer. I had the same problem before, it's hard to want to delete the mods, though!

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I've never been big on game mods...I'm the type to play the game as it was meant to be played and then I've had my fill and I'm done with it. I do like playing user-created maps in games like L4D2, but a whole game revolving around creating and modding just doesn't appeal to me since I'm not that creative myself - it's why I've never gotten into Minecraft.

Years
I never got into modding big time either. I have only just got my hands on a PC gaming machine and I missed the whole 'Minecraft' craze at the time. I might look into it in the near future, but I have a lot of PC games to catch up on in the mean time! ;)​

Years
Aww, you guys are so boring! :3

With Minecraft, mods are becoming something you need rather than something you want. Almost every MC player has mods, the game is so much better with them in. Tekkit and Feed the Beast are the most common, but they're a collection of mods rather than just one, but it gives you so much more to do and it's a lot more interesting with a few thousand more items.

Minecraft and Garry's Mod are really the only things I bother using mods for, they're just the sort of games that require them. I haven't used mods in any other game, normally I would see it as pointless and a waste of time.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
While we're on the topic of the mods, I remember Skyrim had a day 1 mod that replaced all spiders in the game with bears. It was popular if I remember.

I have to say, while I'm arachnophobic myself, some people are a bit tooo extreme. Though maybe I'm an exception as the only arachnids that I fear are REAL big hairy spiders and scorpions.

Years
Oh yeah, Skyrim mods are pretty popular. I wanted to try some myself, but lost the effort to. Might do it when I'm satisfied with my character and have completed most of the game which will still be around a years time.

Years
It's the thing on the VG forum with Peach, DK Country on it.

It would be nice if it had CSS, something like the background being the Super Mario Bros. setting.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Well it NEEDS Wario, then.

I have an idea but that requires some technical CSS stuff I won't bother with it. (How do you put a picture next to the text like with the DK render?)

Years
More Mario, yes. Wario, no. Well, unless it's a group photo of all the Mario characters. I know you love Wario, Spino, but he's not very appealing :')

Years
See, when it comes to GTA, I always uses the cheats rather than the mods. The mods are very temporary enjoyment on GTA for me and cheats are always fun to use.

PixelWarrior

Conqueror of Castles
Years
On the topic of the splash picture, one depicting a group of characters from Nintendo and Sega, and then some from FPS games and MMORPGs.

Unfortunately, that will be pretty tough to do haha. :c

Years
I always prefer playing a game for a good amount of hours before I introduce any sort of mods. Then I can see what a difference the mods make and how much more fun they are than the original game.

I think that mod-makers don't get enough credit for the work they do sometimes.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I always prefer playing a game for a good amount of hours before I introduce any sort of mods. Then I can see what a difference the mods make and how much more fun they are than the original game.

I think that mod-makers don't get enough credit for the work they do sometimes.
Oh, I definitely agree with you. You can't truly appreciate a mod until you've played a good amount of Vanilla.

Years
To be honest, I've left my Wii for a while and more focused on the Steam Summer Sale. To be quite frank, there are so much games you can buy on Steam right now for a lower price than that.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I've bought about 150 worth over the steam sale. I've only played a few of them so far though. Front Mission Evolved and Stardrive are what I'm spending most of my time on.

FME takes a lot of crap in the ratings, most people really dislike the games. Not sure if this is because they think the game really sucks or if they just don't like that Front Mission was turned into a fps but I love the game so far.

Well, except for one thing. This game had made me very anxious over Heavy Gear Assault.

As for Stardrive, it gets a lot of crap as well. It's a niche game, explains some of it, and a lot of people probably dislike the ship designer due to it's complexity... Or how long it takes to actually design a ship that isn't completely worthless. Happened to me, had to redesign most of my ships about a half-dozen times each either to add new tech to it or to counter something that I'd forgotten about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back