• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
What is the offset in NSE for the animated flower in emerald? I just thought there would be one because there's bookmarks for all the tile animations in fire red.

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2011
Where is tutorial for bootscreen hacking with text and black and white image of 2 pokemons please help ;(

ExitWound

Boggle
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
I have a problem with a map of mine. I'm making one of those route links that links a town with a route. (Sort of like how Azalea Town links with Ilex Forest). Everything works fine until you try to enter the forest. Here is what happens:

Pokemon-FireRed_01.png

Pokemon-FireRed_02.png

Pokemon-FireRed_03.png

As you can see, it turns black. No music plays or anything. I made it link to Saffron City instead of my forest just to see what would happen and it worked fine. What is wrong with it?
I'm just reposting because no one is answering T.T

konman719

Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
Hey guys, whenever i try to put this script into my game to make someone move and talk when i walk over a space, it says runtime error and doesnt let me insert it... any suggestions?
The script is below...

Attachments

• ANEWROAD.txt
    1,020 bytes · Views: 1

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
Hey guys, whenever i try to put this script into my game to make someone move and talk when i walk over a space, it says runtime error and doesnt let me insert it... any suggestions?
The script is below...

I think that the movements are too large, divide it in two and try inserting it.

Greetings!

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
I'm just reposting because no one is answering T.T
I had that exact problem, you it's because you have changed the map size of the forest and for some reason that makes this happen :S just change it back to its original size and it should work fine. make a backup first though just incase it doesnt.

Bumping my question:- What is the offset in NSE for the animated flower in emerald? I just thought there would be one because there's bookmarks for all the tile animations in fire red.

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
How i export pokemon/trainers pictures(not the little sprites, i mean the pictures i see when you fight a pokemon trainer and wild pokemon) from pokemon gold/silver?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Anyone ever managed to get different ARTWORK for shinies to work?

ie, normal pokemon has it's front and back on a palette, shiny has it's front and back on another palette, and it's front and back are different sprites. I'd like to be able to have the option of my shinies having artwork changes from the normal, not just palette changes.

similarly, how about different palettes for all the unown forms, possible?

It would require putting an ASM hack at the place which loads the custom palette. It's very feasible but only if you know how to "ASM hack".

When i use the pokepic command #raw 0x75 0x115 0x00 0x0A 0x03 It doesnt show a picture of the right pokemon, it seems to only work with pokemon hex values under 3 digits, what am i doing wrong?

You can only insert raw data one byte at a time. Try this instead:

Code:
#raw 0x75 0x15 0x01 0x0A 0x03

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
I have this problem with the d/n system,

it did not work when i play it on vba.

I already implement the d/n system to the fire red rom but it did not work,

then after some time, it start working yet again but now it stop working again after i switch to a new rom.

I did enable real time clock on vba emulator and also have implement the d/n system but it still cannot work.

I hope there is a solution to this.

---------------------
Crimson Stardust

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2015
I'm having some problems finding the program to change/edit the rom information (displayed in the image). I think it is related to some problems i'm having in the emulation. Could anyone tell me what is the tool that is needed to use to change this?

Thanks in advance!

(Image in the attachment)

Attachments

• Sem Título.png
    Sem Título.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
How i export pokemon/trainers pictures(not the little sprites, i mean the pictures i see when you fight a pokemon trainer and wild pokemon) from pokemon gold/silver?

Use Agixp. And next time use the function search before posting a question.
This one has already been answered before.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years
Anybody know of a good text editor for fire red? I was using a-text but for some reason it just won't work anymore... Iv'e tried finding another text editor but can't.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2012
Quick question, is scripting in GSC similar to it is in 3rd gen, or is it slightly different? If the latter, are there any good tutorials for GSC scripting?

Years
Hi everyone, I had a look through this thread earlier but couldn't find a post that's the same as my problem, but I'm sure it's somewhere within the 600 pages so sorry for asking again, I just wasn't able to find it.

My problem is that I made a map in Advance Map, load it up in VBA and some of the tiles are different or have changed.
The images are located below, thanks for the help! :]

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2018
R/B/Y edit trainer sprite

What I want to do is change a few trainer sprites in the game like the hero's back sprite for battles, the trainer card and the rivals sprites.

I was able to edit the overworld sprites pretty easy, and some basic maps and the in-game trades.

I've looked everywhere for a program or tuturial about how to change the trainer sprite in red and blue but i cant seem to find anything useful anywhere, its all about the Advanced Gen games.

Does anyone know how to do it?

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
1. How i edit the player pokemon trainer's back in pokemon gold/silver?

2. how i make a script or anything else that allow to steal pokemons from trainers in pokemon red/blue/yellow/gold/silver?

Last edited:

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
Hey so looking for help with editing the trainer sprites in Red and Blue.

I've been able to edit the overworld sprites okay but I want to edit the trainer back sprite in battle, the trainer card and the rival sprites.

I've looked everywhere but haven't been able to find a way to do it.
Does anyone know how to do it?? It'd be a great help.

You can study the documentation written by Tauwasser about RBGY sprite compression, and, after that, build a program that automatize the compression (something like Agixp for GSC, or Unlz for 3rd gen games).

Otherwise you could remove the decompression from the game, and reprogram it so that it loads uncompressed sprites; but you need ASM knowledge to do that (use Google to find tutorials about ASM, if you don't know this programming language).

Quick question, is scripting in GSC similar to it is in 3rd gen, or is it slightly different? If the latter, are there any good tutorials for GSC scripting?
There's Tauwasser's scripting doc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back