• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Blue Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
hey TS, can i ask you something? does the animation applies to the pokedex too?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I thought the animation was suppose to happen after the slidy thingo makigos

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
The animation occurs whenever the sprite is loaded up. because the opponent sprite is loaded up before it reaches the centre of the battle background, that's why it moves before the "slidy thingo makigos".
Anyway, looks good, can't wait for the beta :)

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
This hack look's really good and i like how you made the pokemon move before its in the light..........anyway keep it up!!!!

Thank you. :)

I like your hacks, the screen shots are promising. Also, what rombase are using?

Thanks, I'm using Fire Red.

the ne battle bg looks great =)
BUT
its nothing special anymore cuz every hack have
those battle backgounds =/

anyway the game looks pretty awesome =) GOOD JOB^^

Yes, you're true, but anyway. xD
Thank you.

Fire Red. It's in the thread title.
Loving the animations. I still can't believe it's possible- just came out of nowhere, and... Yeah, Fire Red now has animations, lol.

Yep. Sure does, and I'm pretty sure this is the first ever hack to have animations. Thanks for your comment. :)

hey TS, can i ask you something? does the animation applies to the pokedex too?

No it doesn't unfortunately.

I thought the animation was suppose to happen after the slidy thingo makigos

It is, but read below.

The animation occurs whenever the sprite is loaded up. because the opponent sprite is loaded up before it reaches the centre of the battle background, that's why it moves before the "slidy thingo makigos".
Anyway, looks good, can't wait for the beta :)

Yep, you're correct. Also thank you for your support. You're a great friend. :D

Would it be possible to add a pause then before the sprite animates?

Maybe.

yes, that shouldn't be too hard at all.

I'm not sure, you'd have to add a pause, and it might effect the trainer battles, although I am not 100% positive.

Updates!

Well guys, I've edited the exclamation image thing when you go into a Trainer battle or in other events or whatever.

PokemonBlueMoon2_01.png

Also, I've added lots of the Pokemon's second frame, but I wanted to show you this:

PokemonBlueMoon2_03.png

That is the second frame of Pidgeot's animation, and I must say, I love the sprite. Chaos Rush did a great job of doing some of the second frames for FireRed/LeafGreen sprites.

Credits:
  • Lemon
  • Chaos Rush
  • The person who made the Decap Patch for FR (Wichu?)

Thank you guys, oh and if you were wondering, I'm in the process of making a new titlescreen. ^.^

EDIT: By the way, before you guys start complaining, I want to say something.
  • The reason why Pidgeot is Level 3, is because it is a test.
  • The reason why Bagon's name is in capitals, is because I'm using an old save file before I applied the Decap Patch.

That is all.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
The updates are extremely catchy. Especially the second frame of that Pidgeot. Pretty cool. I liek it very much! :D .

Very promising. <3

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I like Pidgeot's second frame and the new exclamation mark, but here's something that seems wrong.
In your previous video, you've shown us that we battle Pokemon in their first frame, like we normally would. But, in the screenshot with the Pidgeot, we are battling the second frame...

Good luck with the title screen, and even if it's difficult, don't give up. You can do it!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Woo new titlescreen
WOO Pidgeot Frame 2
WOO decpas
WOO THIS HACK

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
The updates are extremely catchy. Especially the second frame of that Pidgeot. Pretty cool. I liek it very much! :D .

Very promising. <3

Thank you very much Faline. :)

I thought that wasn't a pidgeot because its too good can't wait to play the beta..

Haha, thanks mate.

I like Pidgeot's second frame and the new exclamation mark, but here's something that seems wrong.
In your previous video, you've shown us that we battle Pokemon in their first frame, like we normally would. But, in the screenshot with the Pidgeot, we are battling the second frame...

Good luck with the title screen, and even if it's difficult, don't give up. You can do it!

Well, that is the second frame of the animation, the first frame is the normal sprite, here is another crappy .GIF to show you what I meant:

pokemonbluemoon202.gif

Also thanks so much for your support.

Woo new titlescreen
WOO Pidgeot Frame 2
WOO decpas
WOO THIS HACK

WOO thanks buddy. :P

I love the pigeot sprite its so better than the original firered sprite. Can't wait to see the title screen! :)

XD well thanks.

Updates!

I've done the new titlescreen for my hack. Here it is:

pokemonbluemoon201.png

Also, since it was perfect size, I've inserted Pidgeotto's HG/SS sprite and animation.

pokemonbluemoon205.gif

Credits:
  • Omega
  • Wichu
  • Veekun

Could you please give your opinions on the titlescreen and other things. xD

Thanks!

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
The title screen looks wonderful!
The "Blue Moon" text is a bit small, but the Drakrai and the background make it up for it^^
Pidgeotto looks good too.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
Titlescreen is just epic and professional too. :]

Love the updates. Oh Pidgeotto. <3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
hey Flandre, did it worked out? don't forget to credit me.
(you know what i mean, shoots you lasers if you don't)

Last edited:

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
The title screen looks wonderful!
The "Blue Moon" text is a bit small, but the Drakrai and the background make it up for it^^
Pidgeotto looks good too.

Yeah, I accidentally made it too small. Oh well, thanks though. :)

Titlescreen is just epic and professional too. :]

Love the updates. Oh Pidgeotto. <3

Thank you.

hey Flandre, did it worked out? don't forget to credit me.
(you know what i mean, shoots you lasers if you don't)

Yes it did, although I haven't inserted it yet. Thanks again mate :)

huh? don't you mean Flandre Scarlet???//??/?!1?
anyway, nice updates and I like the titlescreen, good work :)

Thank you for your support.

ops, got mixed up with the FS and TS thingie, anyway, edited.

xD it's fine. :P

Updates!

I've inserted a new Mart and PokeCenter, made by WesleyFG and bits edited by me.

PokemonBlueMoon2_02.png
PokemonBlueMoon2_03-1.png

Also, I've inserted some new music for the Trainer battle. You can watch the video below:

Oh and I've also inserted a Gym Leader song, but the video is still uploading, so it should be done tomorrow. After that, I'll touch up Twilight City and move on to the Route below it. :)

Thanks guys!

Years
Great job!!! I love the title screen!! but....you still hadn't give us a clue on who the rival is if there is more than one? or is it boy or girl?? evil or good?? all those stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back