• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Return of Contests, or Improved Musicals?

Clacla

karp karp karp
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
As seen in the trailer for B2/W2, there is a building with the inside looking like a Battle Frontier stage from R/S/E. Could it be a contest/music hall, or is it just a gym?

Spoiler:

Would you like to see contests brought back in B2/W2?
If you think it's a musical, would you like to see them improved?

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It doesn't seem like Contests or Musicals, but more like movie shoots from what I've seen, plus the place has movie film like decorations which makes me think this will take the place of Musicals this time around.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I didn't really get into the contests, and I didn't try the musical. But I'd like to see a return of the Pokeathalon lol That wont happen though.

blue

gucci
Years
When I saw that I figured it would have some relation to the musical so it could be an addition which ties in with the Musical.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Bottom picture isn't with the Top Picture.

The top one is a movie making building where the Main Character takes a role in a movie, in that specific one he battles a robot Tyranitar.

Clacla

karp karp karp
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Bottom picture isn't with the Top Picture.

The top one is a movie making building where the Main Character takes a role in a movie, in that specific one he battles a robot Tyranitar.

Really? I had believed there to be a connection between the two pictures.

Years
The trailer makes it seem like there's a connection too, especially as they have a moment when the trainer enters it and lights are beaming up like when you enter the Battle stage in Pokemon PtHgSs...
Either way, I think that we are now going to play the role of short movie stars than have our pokemon star in musicals, it's kind of nice seeing the actual trainer take a role in a mini game for once.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I hope musicals don't make a return. Those things were even more boring than the watered down D/P/Pt contests.

Ooh, I hope if it is a movie you get to dress up your trainer too instead of just the Pokemon for a change.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
I really hope that musicals don't return. I mean, it was fun to dress up your pokemon but only to an extent. It didn't feel like there was all that much to achieve within them either. Whereas, with contests you could actually progress through the ranks. So in a choice between musicals and contests, contests would be my pick.

However, movies sound intriguing. As long as they're not just a gimmick, and there's some sort of progression or goal.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Contests come back!

I'm thinking that the movie theater will be the main Contest replacement. If so, I'm actually excited about it. It seems interesting. It looks like, from what I saw via trailer, that the protagonist actually dresses up to do what looks like battle a robotic Tyranitar. So that will be an exciting feature to see. c:

Years
Maybe the player becomes a power ranger (shot)
Though this would be a nice change of pace from the Pokemon centric world of contests,Musicals, and Poketholon

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
Years
  • Age 33
  • PA
  • Seen May 6, 2012
I would love to see the old contests back complete with Ribbons once more. I vow to become the top Pokemon Coordinator in Unova! xD

droomph

weeb
Years
Well I think with all the goodness we know as processing power, I think we could definitely throw in a couple movie-stage settings (that we saw in the trailer) and have the same contest.

But nonetheless I'm not a real Contest fan (I know, shoot me) so I'm still stoked about the release!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I WOULD LOVE FOR CONTESTS TO RETURN. But at the same time, I'd hope for GF to wait until RSE remakes to bring them back. u_u

& If it had to come between the two, I'd think there would be improved Musicals.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think Gen V should stick with what they started and improve the musicals. Contests are for RSE remakes. ;) Also, I have never participated in a musical, but...I haven't heard good things, so...I can only imagine they need some fixing up.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
omigosh, what if you got costume sets, like super hero, romantic, horror, etc etc, and your pokemon got matching costumes, and then you get points based on performace/outfit matching with theme of movie/whatever it is? That would be ridiculous, in the good way! 8'D

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Oh and just so you all know.

qJq33.png

Surprise, surprise! The Musical building is still there. :B So I'm guessing they will be the same or slightly improved.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Oh and just so you all know.

qJq33.png

Surprise, surprise! The Musical building is still there. :B So I'm guessing they will be the same or slightly improved.

Dang. Well I hope they at least made them a bit better and more interactive other than just spinning a prop or two. :c
Like an actual dance number like they did in the fourth generation games! That'd be pretty neat to put in.

Livewire_

Knight of Three
Years
It really doesn't matter to me, I was never really big on either of them to be honest. That may change if they make it more appealing, though. I haven't really cared about doing contests since Sapphire. :x

Back