• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2012
Stuck in Lucas' Gym

First, I would like to tell you this is a really great hack you made, its top notch. Second, I'm having a problem getting out of Lucas' gym. I saved the game right before battling him and then cut the game off. After turning the game back on and just narrowly beating Lucas I went to leave and the gym floor reset itself and I don't have Surf. What should I do?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
First, I would like to tell you this is a really great hack you made, its top notch. Second, I'm having a problem getting out of Lucas' gym. I saved the game right before battling him and then cut the game off. After turning the game back on and just narrowly beating Lucas I went to leave and the gym floor reset itself and I don't have Surf. What should I do?

There is pretty much nothing you can do. You can either restart or open the ROM up and change movement permissions with Advance Map so you can get to the door. But I dunno if the ROM is locked or not, so...

Years

I had the same problem a few weeks ago, and nobody seemed to even "see" that I had a problem since no one answered.

If you didn't save AFTER beating the gym leader, just close your emulator and open the game again, then let him kill all your Pkmn and you'll end up in the Pkmn Center.

If you did save after beating him, I'm afraid you'll have to start a new game or use Advance Map (if you know how to).

Anyway, I think the cause of the problem is superspeeding. This kept happening everytime I pressed the superspeed button while walking in the gym. So make sure you're not superspeeding in the gym.

Years
this hack is amazing!!
but there's a problem with venipede, when it evolved into whirlipede at lvl22 it went back to level 19 and when it got back to 22 it evolved into scolipede
it also happen with some other pokemon as well

arv

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2012
Hi there in first place let me congratulate you for the fantastic job you did.

Second place if you allow me, i have some random questions:
first? I read in the last page there isn't all pokemons available? Can you tell me how many they are available in the game?
Second, it's out of question to edit the game to introduce the remaining pokemon?

Tk you

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2012
Aw man, I'm using a PSP so it looks like it's back to the beginning for me. Thanks for the help anyway guys.

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2012
Thank you Wesley FG, this is a really enjoyable game, and I'm loving the early access to so many nice pokemon (Milotic before the first gym- awesome!).

I just wanted to ask if you could please re-upload the gba copy to your website again; I keep getting random freezes (I think I messed up in my initial patching), and I can't seem to get the patch working on a new cop of the game for some reason.

Years
use this code:
7400013001BD
83004B20AB35
7400013001BD
83004B220808
7400013001BD
83004B3E0005
and press L+B+up
it should take you to the fly map and you can fly to the nearest pokemon center :D
(if youre stuck in a gym)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Utah
  • Seen May 15, 2022
Note to all people with White Screens again: if using the English IPS, you need to patch this rom, all others will have problems (It's hoenstly not as easy to come by, but a while searching somewhere will bring it up) : Ruby (U) v1.0

Make sure it's 1.0. That's the important part.

When I wanna play it, i get a white screen.
Is there a solution for this?

This is the solution. I just tried it and it worked great. Thank you so much, Projectwolfie!

Toxic Potato

Always Sleepy
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 7, 2020
Even with a v1.0 ROM, I can't get it to work for the life of me; still just the white screen. :(
Shame, looks like a brilliant hack...

Mason69

Sleeping...
Years
Where do we get the running shoes or something like that to move faster?

Even with a v1.0 ROM, I can't get it to work for the life of me; still just the white screen. :(
Shame, looks like a brilliant hack...

Try this:

Originally Posted by xXxLugia
every week someone reports a prob with the white screen. this prob was solved long ago, but ppl still ask for the solution. i had the same prob on my android phone, others on gpsp or iphone but master2738 showed me how to make this game work on my phone so u need to do this i will just copy paste what he wrote with with small modifications just follow this steps:
1. download pokemon LP from wesley's homepage
2. download pokemon ruby 1.0
3. download gba header(go to google and type: gba header tool v1.0)
4. open up gba header v1.0
5. click on the box under "filename:"
6. locate ur "Pokemon Lp" .gba and double click it
7. click on show header than click show. notice that the game title says PKM LP (thats what causing the problems)
8. click on copy header
9. click on the box under source file, locate ur ruby 1.0 rom and double click it
10. now click on copy
11. click on show header and click show
12. you will now see that ur pokemon LP rom has the game title Pokemon ruby. which should allow u to play it on any emulator now.

Also set the save type on your emulator to Flash 128kb

That is what worked for me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2012
Hi.

I want to ask you how to download PokemonLP cuz 4shared didnt work for me :/
Will you plzzzz help i really want to play this game!

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2012
use this code:
7400013001BD
83004B20AB35
7400013001BD
83004B220808
7400013001BD
83004B3E0005
and press L+B+up
it should take you to the fly map and you can fly to the nearest pokemon center :D
(if youre stuck in a gym)

Does this code work on the PSP as well? if so how would I use it?

Back