• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
shaymin_sky.png

Shaymin-S @ Life Orb
Timid nature
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Speed
-Growth
-Seed Flare
-Earth Power
-Air Slash

giratina.png

Giratina @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Timid nature
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Speed
-Magic Coat
-Draco Meteor
-Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball

For an Uber team.

Last edited:

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
Years
I hate this site. I hate you all. I especially hate people who likes Psychic type Pokemon. Those of the legendary poportions. That of which is description is "Known as the being of willpower". God, they make me sick.

I asked before, but since this site is filled with so much fail, I'll ask again. How does Sceptile with Low Kick work out?

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
I hate this site. I hate you all. I especially hate people who likes Psychic type Pokemon. Those of the legendary poportions. That of which is description is "Known as the being of willpower". God, they make me sick.

I asked before, but since this site is filled with so much fail, I'll ask again. How does Sceptile with Low Kick work out?

Rofl sims XD

I can't see Low Kick being too much use to be honest, on the Specs sets it's not really gonna help you much since Focus Blast always outdamages it even against things like Chansey. You could try it if you really hate the iffy accuracy and want to hit stuff like Steelix and Registeel harder on a SD or Mixed set as well I guess.

devilicious

dream
Years
Well, then it just depends on your feelings for Focus Blast, since it'd be generally superior (I think Blissey is hit hard enough by Leaf Blade). Maybe for Bronzong, but in general I guess Earthquake does more damage overall (Metagross, Jirachi, Magnezone, etc).

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
Years
Hm, well I guess this is the problem. For one thing, I positivley HATE Focus Blast, since it's terribly inaccurate for me. I mean, I only have a friggin 30% chance of missing, that means you miss when you really need it. Which means all the time, for me.

But if Low kick is so inferior, then I'll have to get over it. I wanna try making a mixed or physical set for OU, so I thought Low Kick would be a welcome move, but if it straight doesn't work well, then screw it.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Is Impish nature alright on a Cresselia if I don't plan on using any attacking moves. I kept soft resetting and couldn't get Bold.

Cresselia @ Light Clay
Impish nature (+Def, -SpA)
EVs: 252 HP/148 Def/40 SpD/68 Speed
-Thunder Wave
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Lunar Dance

BlackRay

The other trainer.
Years
Is Impish nature alright on a Cresselia if I don't plan on using any attacking moves. I kept soft resetting and couldn't get Bold.

Cresselia @ Light Clay
Impish nature (+Def, -SpA)
EVs: 252 HP/148 Def/40 SpD/68 Speed
-Thunder Wave
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Lunar Dance

If your using Cresselia for a wall then its perfectly good. Cresselia's atk and sp.atk are ok but not great so any + defense or sp.defense would be fine as SP.Def is Cresselias best stat actually (other than HP).

My question:

Im iv breeding a Chimchar. These are the moves im aiming for it to have:

Chimchar - level 1
Shadow Claw
Cut (Since im training it in Eterna forest)
and the other useless moves.

The Chimchar will be mixedape so A good nature would be....?

And this is what the Mixed Infernape will lookin like

Infernape: level ???
Close Combat
Shadow Claw
Calm mind
flame wheel or flame thrower

So what would be good nature for this? And is this a good idea or should I change somthing.

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
If your using Cresselia for a wall then its perfectly good. Cresselia's atk and sp.atk are ok but not great so any + defense or sp.defense would be fine as SP.Def is Cresselias best stat actually (other than HP).

My question:

Im iv breeding a Chimchar. These are the moves im aiming for it to have:

Chimchar - level 1
Shadow Claw
Cut (Since im training it in Eterna forest)
and the other useless moves.

The Chimchar will be mixedape so A good nature would be....?

And this is what the Mixed Infernape will lookin like

Infernape: level ???
Close Combat
Shadow Claw
Calm mind
flame wheel or flame thrower

So what would be good nature for this? And is this a good idea or should I change somthing.
Standard MixApe is this

Infernape @ Life Orb
Nature : Naive
EV : 64 Atk / 252 SpAtk / 192 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power Ice
- Grass Knot

Shadow Claw is really worth it, if you like you could put Nasty Plot > HP Ice and change CC to Focus Blast and move all Atk EV's in Spe to get NPApe if you like.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Standard MixApe is this

Infernape @ Life Orb
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power Ice
- Grass Knot

Shadow Claw is really worth it, if you like you could put Nasty Plot > HP Ice and change CC to Focus Blast and move all Atk EV's in Spe to get NPApe if you like.

Infernape @ Life Orb
- Flamethrower
- Close Combat
- Nasty Plot
- Grass Knot

I usually do that on MixApe and it does pretty well.

BlackRay

The other trainer.
Years
Thanks for the info on a mixape. But after realising what moves you would need and the right moves I though of changing what I was getting.

Now. Im aiming for a Physical Sweeper Infernape so I wouldnt have so many attacks with sorta low pp and the lack of physical moves. So here is what I plan to have:

Infernape : LV???
Adamant
Close Combat (Maxed PP)
Shadow Claw (Yes I really want it on it)
Grass Knot (Curse you weaknesses) (Might be changed to Solar Beam)
Flame Wheel (Just for the heck of it) (Give suggestions to change it)

Anything wrong with this?

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Thanks for the info on a mixape. But after realising what moves you would need and the right moves I though of changing what I was getting.

Now. Im aiming for a Physical Sweeper Infernape so I wouldnt have so many attacks with sorta low pp and the lack of physical moves. So here is what I plan to have:

Infernape : LV???
Adamant
Close Combat (Maxed PP)
Shadow Claw (Yes I really want it on it)
Grass Knot (Curse you weaknesses) (Might be changed to Solar Beam)
Flame Wheel (Just for the heck of it) (Give suggestions to change it)

Anything wrong with this?

Nah, the Sword Dancer is a much better set:

Infernape @ Life Orb / Fist Plate
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Fire Punch / Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge / Mach Punch

Or you can try the physically-based mix set which also works:

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive / Hasty
252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
- Close Combat
- U-turn / Grass Knot
- Overheat

This set is more suited for wall breaking though.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Infernape @ Life Orb / Fist Plate
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Fire Punch / Flare Blitz

I like for physical:

Infernape @ Expert Belt
Jolly
4hp/252/atk/252spe
SD
Close Combat
Fire Punch
U-Turn/Stone Edge/Night Slash

last slot depends on where the rest of your team is weak. I like expert belt over life orb because Ape has good type coverage and is weak enough as it is.

BlackRay

The other trainer.
Years
I still prefer having Shadow Claw on the set. I like the second set alot but I just cant see what would be better wall breaker or sweeper. But Mach Punch is fairly weak when it comes to fights to me. With the lack of PP in those moves it just bothers me for some reason. I'll go for the first one because I did say I wanted a sweeper.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I like for physical:

Infernape @ Expert Belt
Jolly
4hp/252/atk/252spe
SD
Close Combat
Fire Punch
U-Turn/Stone Edge/Night Slash

last slot depends on where the rest of your team is weak. I like expert belt over life orb because Ape has good type coverage and is weak enough as it is.
Why would you use U-turn on something that sets up?

Edit:
I still prefer having Shadow Claw on the set. I like the second set alot but I just cant see what would be better wall breaker or sweeper. But Mach Punch is fairly weak when it comes to fights to me. With the lack of PP in those moves it just bothers me for some reason. I'll go for the first one because I did say I wanted a sweeper.
What is the point of Shadow Claw? Every common Psychic-type is hit with the same amount of damage with Fire Punch, and Starmie and Latias you will lose to always (because will outspeed you). You can predict them switching in, but U-turn does the same except you can scout later on in the battle. And defensive Rotom-A is already OHKOed by +2 Fire Punch with SR up.

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years

Shadow Claw offers no additional coverage though, since fire+fighting already offers very good type coverage. Stone Edge hits everything else so you're hitting everything for neutral at least (I believe), and with SD and/or Life Orb boost, this is plenty for Infernape to sweep or wall-break if given the chance. Shadow Claw is simply an inferior option.

Detox

So yah, Elf gave me a SD/Aqua Jet Gatr set that was SD/ Aqua Jet / Return / Waterfall, and I was wondering if there were any other possible sets that have both SD and Aqua Jet

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
So yah, Elf gave me a SD/Aqua Jet Gatr set that was SD/ Aqua Jet / Return / Waterfall, and I was wondering if there were any other possible sets that have both SD and Aqua Jet
SD set is probably the only set that runs Aqua Jet / SD well, you could try it on a SubSalac set but generally it'd be inferior to Waterfall in most cases.

Back