• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could invent your own Poké Ball...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
There are various Poké Ball types throughout the games, but there's eligibility and vast possibility for there to be hundreds of Poké Ball types. So if you were to create your own Poké Ball with it's own unique traits (aside from just catch rate), what would your Poké Ball do?

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Great_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Ultra_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Master_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Safari_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Moon_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Lure_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Friend_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Love_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Heavy_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Fast_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Sport_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Repeat_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Timer_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Nest_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Net_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Luxury_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Heal_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Quick_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Dusk_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Cherish_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Park_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Dream_Ball_Sprite.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
The Petilil Ball. It catches Petilil. And that's it. Cause that's all you need. Easy!

Sydian, oh my gosh! :D

Main topic:
There's a Dive Ball and Net Ball for Water-types, why not Lava Ball for Fire, Ground and Rock Pokemon?
I think a Dragon Ball for Dragon types would work, pun not intended!

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years
Sydian, oh my gosh! :D

Main topic:
There's a Dive Ball and Net Ball for Water-types, why not Lava Ball for Fire, Ground and Rock Pokemon?
I think a Dragon Ball for Dragon types would work, pun not intended!
I like both the Lava Ball & Dragon Ball ideas...

& what about a Fairy Ball, which would make it easier to capture Fairy-types & any non-faries in the Fairy egg group?
EDITED: (IF there are any non-fairies in the egg group...)

That sounds better...

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
-flips hair- I know. I'm hilarious.

Coming back to seriously add on, we have the Moon Ball that helps catch Pokemon that evolve with Moon Stones, and that's not really too many. It'd be nice to have a ball that increased chances of catching Pokemon that evolve from stones regardless of which stone it is.

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years
Id like a Pokeball called the Restore Ball. It could act as an Ultra Ball, but when you catch the Pokemon it's health and status gets fully restored. That way you don't catch a Pokemon that you poisoned and then it die the second you get it in a Nuzlocke Challenge. And you can use your Pokemon the second you catch them and not have to rush them to a Pokemon Center.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years
Such...

Brillant...

ideas...

can't...

handle...

them...

AAAAAAGH!
*heads blow up*

Hey, that's an idea! A Bomb Ball that makes it easier to catch pokemon that can somehow learn Self-Destruct or Explosion!

Uh... how am I typing without a head?

Sirfetch’d

I would invent the Cute Ball. This ball would have a 100% success rate on all adorable Pokemon such as Castform. Another that I could possibly invent would be the Legend Ball which has a higher success rate for legendary Pokemon.

Yumetaro

MAI RIBBONS
Years
I would like a ball called the Egg Ball, based on the last Pokemon you've caught, it has a better chance of catching a Pokemon in the same Egg Group of said last caught Pokemon.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Id like a Pokeball called the Restore Ball. It could act as an Ultra Ball, but when you catch the Pokemon it's health and status gets fully restored. That way you don't catch a Pokemon that you poisoned and then it die the second you get it in a Nuzlocke Challenge. And you can use your Pokemon the second you catch them and not have to rush them to a Pokemon Center.

I believe you're thinking of a Heal Ball, my friend. But the multiplier is just that of a Pokeball, so eh. Ultra Ball multiplier would be nicer.

Typhon

'sup
Years
Something like the Fairy Ball would be cool. It could work great on trying to catch Fairy-Type Pokémon.--

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Uhh, a Legend Ball (x3 on legendary pokémon), Wonder ball (x3 on Fairy and Psychic pokémon) and a Sycamore Ball (x3 on pokémon that can mega evolve/evolve into pokémon that can mega evolve).

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
Chaos Ball (Drops the friendliness to zero when catch and doesn't go up)
Order Ball (When catch friendliness's time will be be sped up by 3x each battle/level/whatever)
Dragonslayer Ball (Catches dragon-types with ease on low HP)
Derp Ball (10% chance to One-shot-catch a Pokémon who uses useless attacks such as Splash and Odor)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I'd make a Flake Ball. It would be nice and purdy in Glaceon's colour palette and have a snowflake on it and it would have a higher catch rate on Ice Types and also heal the said Ice Types upon capture, but work like a regular PokéBall for every other type xD

And I'd also make a Sky Ball for Flying Types.

And I think starters should come in Starter Balls. Said Balls should have a flame, a raindrop and a leaf on them and would remove status effects whenever you recalled your Pokémon xD

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I would make an Aggression Ball, which would raise the effort values of your Pokémon's Attack stat by two points every time you level it up. This could be very helpful if you're planning to maximize the strength of your physical-attacking Pokémon. I'd also make a Shield Ball. It would do the same job, but only with your Defense and Sp. Defense stats. (:

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
How about the Obtain ball?
By catching the Pokémon, the item hold by the Pokemon
will be directly go through your bag and multiplies exp by 2.
Or maybe like Frost ball?
Makes Ice type catch easier and by catching Ice types
with Frost ball, doubles the Special attack of the main
Ice type Pokémon. That would be great, kinda of.

Back