• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did You Ever Get Emotional in Mystery Dungeon?

Fureon

Psychic
Years
I just finished Explorers Of Sky, and I must say - yes, the ending did make me cry.
Actually, the whole finale (after Grovyle tells you what will happen) felt really heartwrenching. And then the ending... God, I couldn't help but shed some tears.
This just shows how good the Mystery Dungeon games are. They make you go through characters' emotions and feelings and really immerse you into their world.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
not really although i do like grovyle's special episode where it explains what happened to them because in darkness in time i was so confused. like "did they fade out of existence or something"? but sky explained it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I've only played Sky myself, but yes I did cry at the end of the storyline of Sky. And speaking of that game I should get back to it sometime.

ZePokemonGuy

PokeTuber Novice
Years
If you didn't shed a tear during the PMD playthroughs, then you are not human.
PMD was one of the first games where you had a real emotional link with the Pokemon world, and when you had to disappear at the end of the main storyline, I thought that was it and wept away.

(It did slightly annoy me however, when everyone else was crying and Xatu was just standing there trying to act all manly, in my opinion to impress Kangashan ;D).

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
Not at all. Mainly because I don't really cry during video-games or fell much at all. It's different with TV though.

Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
I have to say, the one time I have ever felt heart-break in a video game was at the tear-jerking end to PMD: EOT. But then it all got better.

Years
Jeez, I was sobbing through pretty much the entire story of PMD2.
Definitely the most emotion in a Pokemon game ever. Props to the development team for making the only video game I've ever felt truly emotional about.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2014
Oh, yes. When I played the first one, I got that lump in my throat, but during the end sequence of Explorers of Darkness, I started bawling. I think it was the combination of the music and the fact that I had just moved away from my friends in Ohio that caused the tears. Dat Music...

Warship

異議あり!
Years
yeah during the first playthroughof my explorers of darkness during the disintegration part. not on my other playthroughs though since i knew what to expect but that part where turtwig(my partner) cries during the credits is the worst ;(

Years
Probably the first time ever I actually felt emotional during the game was during PMD1(red)
The end was really sad and then it ended really happily so yeah. On the other hand, as much as the PMD2(darkness) touched me, it didn't have the same effect, yes it was sad, but it was completely different. The first part was sad, everyone knew what was coming, and what was going to happen, everyone were together, sad etc. while
(SPOILER ALERT)
in the PMD2 the most emotional part was supposed to be be when player vanishes, and when everyone finds out about it. I didn't like the way they did it very much, I mean, the player and it's partner are walking on the flying stone bridge (bad place for climax, no?) and the player is literally like
Player: "partner,btw I didnt tell you I am about to disappear"
Partner:"Oh, no but I cant go on on my own, oh well"
*Poof* he disappears
And even worse, instead of showing the scene where everyone finds out what happened with player, the narrator just narrated it.

I expected at least to read something about it in those diaries of Sunflora and Bidoof, but nothing.
But the scene with crying Pikachu and Dialga restoring player was touching tho.

There, my complete opinion :D (I got a bit offtopic, sry ^^)
:D

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
The PMD series never really worked me up emotionally. They do have great storylines but I just can't get that emotionally engaged in a Pokemon game, lol.

Years
Oh, I remember playing PMD...I was all teary.... I cried...I'm not ashamed to say so...then I played Sky and I cried even more XD I enjoyed the game and story... I'm such an emotionally person lol

BugBoyTroy

Professor in-training
Years
I legit cried so many times during PMD, Time, and Sky.
(spoiler)
Every time that you were going to become human again, I started crying. Actually I just cried like the entire game seris XD.

Years
(The only game I've played is Red Rescue Team.)

Spoiler:

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
Okay, Gates To Infinity got me more than the other games. I actually started to cry when
Spoiler:

Back