OneGSEdit is a program written in Python which enables you to edit Pokemon evolution and moveset data with incredible ease! I wrote this program to gain some experience in Python, and I'm pretty proud of it. Its main features are:
1. It's pretty fast - even though .exe file weighs 7MB, operations are done in a blink of eye.
2. Current version (if not the only one) is 99% bugless and supports Gold and Silver editions. Works for pokemon numbers 1 to 251 (unless you found some way to add pokemons 252, etc. into game it shouldn't be a problem).
3. No need to save every time you change anything! Any changes you make will not apply to your project until you decide to save them. You save the project only once, that is when you are done with editing
4. Sorting algorithm - this one is a great feature - upon loading a file and after every operation, the pointers and evo/move data is sorted. It works in this way:
For example if you changed Ivysaur's data pointer to an offset which is after Celebi's data (you wanted to add a skill, I suppose), it goes back between Bulbasaur and Venusaur data! What's better, all empty and unused data is removed.
By default, pokemon with no evolutions don't share their first byte of data (00 implying no evolution) with last byte of previous pokemon (00 meaning end of data)! This creates unnecessary data, which can be compressed. What does it mean? More memory for new moves and evolutions!
- Note that if you have any data other than pointers and evo/movesets data in offsets 0x427BD to 0x43FFF (end of bank), it will be erased after sorting. By default, this space is empty, so it shouldn't be a problem.
5. Reads pointers - 251 pointers are read starting from 0x427BD. The program supports repointed evolution/moveset data!
6. Preview of data in hexadecimal/decimal number - preview in decimal numbers can be copied and pasted in GoldFinger!
7. Freedom! - You can create new movesets with super ease, or just dynamically browse the pokemon data for your own information.
8. Not really a feature, but credit me if you use my program to edit your project!
I hope to get your feedback (tell me if the program works on your computer, haven't tested it on others yet)!
The file weighs over 2MB so I can't attach it and I can't post URLs. Somehow I managed to bypass it a little - here is the link to download:
1.0.1 version - with critical bug fix:
Last edited by Akwarelek; January 21st, 2013 at 09:16 AM.
Warning! The version I posted first has a critical bug - if you overwrite a .gbc file (doesn't happen when you save as new file), it is rewritten to 6kb file! Please download new version from updated link in first post (this bug is fixed)!
Just wanted to say thanks, this program is extremely useful. About the only thing I'm a little curious about is Egg Move alteration, but I'm sure there's other ways to do that and so I gotta say "Great job!".