• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Phantom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Pokémon Phantom

Rom:
badge-firered.png

- Team

Mortar - Scripting, mapping, spriting, tile editing, story writing
theboss - Mapping, story writing
Giovanni - Sketching
RoadKill - Music

- Story

When you were just a kid, you were living on the streets and were all alone. You didn't have any friends, food and you couldn't go to school. The only thing you can remember is waking up one day in a dirty alley somewhere in Janico City. Then a stranger appeared. He brought you where you are now.

Now, at age 15, Team Phantom has decided you are old enough to start doing missions for them. You are asked to go to Professor Road in the research lab. He will tell you to get a Pokémon and to start filling up your Pokédex to help Team Phantom collect strong Pokémon. This is where your quest starts. You will get involved in big missions for Team Phantom. Will you help them take over the world? Or will you decide to fight them for the world's sake? It's your choice.

- Features

• 2 completely new regions
• New tiles
• 151 original "Fakemon"
• New team called Team Phantom
• Option to work for Team Phantom or fight them later on in the game
• New events
• New character overworld sprites
• New backsprite
• New music
• Multiple rivals

- Media

Awards:
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Maps:
Spoiler:

Banners:
Spoiler:

- Team Status

Active - Inactive

Mortar: Scripting Poteso City Gym
theboss: Mapping Route 8
RoadKill: Composing song #9

- Game Status

01-09-2009
theboss has finished the maps from the Team Phantom Hideout to Route 4. I'm finishing the scripts in Route 1 and will then get started on the scripts in Poteso City and the first Gym.

01-11-2009
I finished the scripts in the Team Phantom Hideout/Route 1 and added some Fakemon. You can see them in the screenshots spoiler.

01-14-2009
I did another Fakemon and fixed the tiles a bit.

01-15-2009
Made the overworld sprite and been working on another bug set. Also added some screens.

02-01-2009
I've been quite busy so I didn't really have time to update. Anyway, I've now finished everything up until Route 4 and am now working on the scripts in Poteso City.

02-15-2009
Inserted the Lockwood Village tiles and I'm busy inserting new Pokémon.

02-18-2009
Inserted some Pokémon and mapped the Poteso City Gym. I'm now scripting the Gym Leader script.

- Bugs

Spoiler:

- Help needed

Right now, we need:
• Spriters
• Sketchers

Job application:
Spoiler:

- Downloads

None yet.

- Credits

xXRoconzaXx - sprites
wounded11 - sprites
Lord-Myre - sprites
xXSapphireGaleXx - sprites
• Tutorial makers
• The people who helped out at topics such as the simple questions topic and the script help topic

Last edited:

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2015
hey nice fake pokemon
and your maps don't look bad
good luck with it

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Looks nice...
Are all 3 starters partially Ghost-type?
And the grass one would need some improving... Maybe a color outline instead of dark?
Keep it up?
(Wanna banner?)

Years
hey nice fake pokemon
and your maps don't look bad
good luck with it

Thanks for the comment.

Looks nice...
Are all 3 starters partially Ghost-type?
And the grass one would need some improving... Maybe a color outline instead of dark?
Keep it up?
(Wanna banner?)

Thanks! You're right, a dark green outline would be better than a black one.

About the type, we're thinking about making the last form of the three starters a Fire/Water/Grass - Ghost dual type, because if the first and second form would be ghosts, it would be way too easy to win in battles since Normal moves have no effect on them.

If you want to create a banner, go ahead, you'll have to use the Fakemon though. :P

Want me to PM them to you?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Thanks! You're right, a dark green outline would be better than a black one.

About the type, we're thinking about making the last form of the three starters a Fire/Water/Grass - Ghost dual type, because if the first and second form would be ghosts, it would be way too easy to win in battles since Normal moves have no effect on them.

If you want to create a banner, go ahead, you'll have to use the Fakemon though. :P

Want me to PM them to you?
Sure. No problem.

You're right.

Ok.

Yeah, please.

EDIT: Here you go:
phantom1-grass.png

phantom3-fire.png

phantom2-water.png

I'm pretty certain you like them :)

Last edited:

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
We're going to be a mean baddie? XD..Anyways the hack looks nice. So do the fakemon. I don't like the grass tiles though. Good luck.

Years
We're going to be a mean baddie? XD..Anyways the hack looks nice. So do the fakemon. I don't like the grass tiles though. Good luck.

Not necessarily. Like explained in the main post, later on in the game you will be able to choose whether you want to be of further assistance to Team Phantom or whether you want to fight them.

EDIT: Which grass tiles do you mean? The tall grass or the green tiles with the flowers on them?

Last edited:
Years
I don't like the concept of a basic 'flower' for a grass starter.
Otherwise, pretty nice hack.

Thanks, but I can't say it's a basic flower. Have you ever seen a flower with a skull on it? :P

Don't worry, the evolutions will be better than the pre-evolutions.

Imposter Oak

"hahaha omg ur so funny" True
Years
I like the story and the new Pokemon ideas, having the last forms of the starters as dual types would be more traditional too. What sort of things can we expect from Team Phantom, do they think they're doing good or are they like Team Rocket in that they know what they're doing is just selfish?

Years
I like the story and the new Pokemon ideas, having the last forms of the starters as dual types would be more traditional too. What sort of things can we expect from Team Phantom, do they think they're doing good or are they like Team Rocket in that they know what they're doing is just selfish?

Well, we haven't completely decided yet. The professor is in this case not a friendly guy but an evil maniac who wants to take over the world. So, if it was up to him Team Phantom would be evil, lol.

I want Team Phantom's leader to be someone who thinks he can accomplish something good but does bad things for it. But like I said, we haven't really talked about that yet.

Years
Thanks. :)

I hope I'll be able to make a video of the event in which you receive your Pokémon today.

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2009
Sure. No problem.
Here you go:
phantom1-grass.png

phantom3-fire.png

phantom2-water.png

I'm pretty certain you like them :)
those indeed are awesome i love them

Like moratr said we are not sure yet, but we will discuss the matter.

Cascade'A Stupidity

Biggest Muppet there is.
Years
  • Seen May 4, 2009
Do you want help designing fakemon?

I might be able to think up a few, but you'd have to make them on PC.

Get back to me when you can. ;)

Cascade'A Stupidity

Biggest Muppet there is.
Years
  • Seen May 4, 2009
Added the banner and a little comment to mah siggeh, to makes it apparent that I'm awesome. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back