• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
No clue whalelord

Off-Topic: I just put 1 honey on a tree, forgot about it, came back and low and behold, a level 15 combee is there (not shiny). I was about to kill it but decided to catch it. It's rare supposedly :D

You totally should have saved before going to the tree and SR for a shiny one ><

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
You totally should have saved before going to the tree and SR for a shiny one ><

Is it really THAT rare? I didn't even know what putting Honey on trees did :D I just remember and saw it shaking. How rare are we talking here?

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Is it really THAT rare? I didn't even know what putting Honey on trees did :D I just remember and saw it shaking. How rare are we talking here?

Not that rare IMO. Maybe it's just me. (I've gotten like.... 3 from trees and I wasn't even trying)

Maybe I'm just lucky.

shinysneaselspecialmusic_0001.jpg

Shiny Sneasel on a chain of 19. It has a Jolly nature, 6 points off from perfect speed. I want perfect speed but this will do if I don't get it.

I still have 20 to go but this is amazing. I've decided to catch the guys in Ultras and girls in Heal.

I'm gonna upload the video now. It's very special, I put in some music, it actually fits so it's pretty awesome. I also left it at it's original size. It'll take a good long while to upload, but it'll be worth it.

Good luck everyone, I'm off to round up the remaining Sneasel.

I don't know what the "MM pattern" is or whatever he called it, but what I'm doing now is proving to be nigh invincible, even if it takes a while. It's just .... On second thought, a magician never reveals his secrets. I'll save what I do for myself and for my chaining guide when I make it. Sorry people....

REAL MEN WEAR PINK

edit:
Video

Tabatha

Years

I have a combee they arn't super rare....it's just always nice to have a shiny, I SR for 3 hours for one then was scared it wasn't going to be there anymore because they only hang around for about 4-5 hours so I caught it
when putting honey on a tree Combee will show up 20% of the time
Aipom 10%, Burmey 10%, Cherubi 10%, Heracross 4%, Munchlax the rarest at 1%, Cascoon 15% (pearl only), Silcoon 15% (diamond only), and wurmple 30%
so it's definitly not the rarest of them all but still a nice shiny to get and you can only get it on a honey tree....

I hope you caught a female so you can evolve it into a vespiquen (only the females evolve) because otherwise it's pretty much useless except for producing honey for you....combee doesn't learn new attacks as it gains lvls and it can't learn any from tms (according to bulbapedia)

EDIT: This weekend is clearly my lucky weekend! I was chaining skitty and got to 38 and BAM broken chain... I felt like giving up I was so sad but I said no way one more try and at a mere chain of 4 the shiny patch shows up and I get a new shiny skitty! I'm going to see if I can continue this chain and get some more so I'll come back and update with the nature and what not later =)

EDIT: so of course I'm not paying attention and break the chain with a mr mime patch but thats okay I still have my one shiny thats all that matters =) It has a quiet nature which I guess is alright and the ability 'normalize' which is pretty cool!
Although now I need to find a moonstone to evolve it....I love delcatty!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
Sadly, it is a male Combee but I don't have much use anyways :P Just another addition to my collection :P

Question (yet again): Is it possible to complete the pokedex (to get the pokeradar) without trading any pkmn? The reason I'm asking is because on an emulator, unless you hack it, you can't trade :(

Grats on Shiny Sneasel DDD ! Grats on Shiny Skitty Tabatha :D

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Sadly, it is a male Combee but I don't have much use anyways :P Just another addition to my collection :P

Question (yet again): Is it possible to complete the pokedex (to get the pokeradar) without trading any pkmn? The reason I'm asking is because on an emulator, unless you hack it, you can't trade :(

You don't have to catch them all, just see them all. You see all of the Pokemon species in the Sinnoh Dex if you fight every single trainer all the way to the champion except Palkia/Dialga which you can see postgame if you head back to Celestic Town and talk to that girls' grandma, she'll show you a picture of the legend opposite of the version you're playing.

Then talk to Rowan and he'll give you stuff.

Years
No, they won't count. I wouldn't even play a Pokemon game on an emulator, because if I found a shiny, it'd kill me because I didn't really have it nor I couldn't really transfer it over.

Congratulations Tabatha, SRkid, and shinyhunter011. =)
Electrike has hardly ever swarmed in my games. Same for Makuhita. Which is why I wait patiently for these.

In other news, I now have 8 shiny Snover. I'm gonna hang around til 7 PM, because then the lighting changes and then it's horrible. I can't see anything. I can but it's hard. So I just wait an hour and when it switches over to nighttime I start again.
So...
Maybe I'll get more Snover until then. So far it's been not the nature that I want from the 3 that I can tell, and 2 of them are female so I have both kinhttp://www.pokecommunity.com/images/icons/icon12.gifds of shinies.

Then I'm coming back and chaining again...............................................

=o
Thanks, got 12 shiny doduo in all. I also now have Mew! I'm at about 7,650 resets for that gay little pixie that WONT SHINE FOR ME! :'( I have probably about 6 shiny electrike though, It was easyto chain as i got forty in one try. Grats to the snovers, I will probably never be able to chain there, not even rainy weather is possible for me to chain in... Good luck to all, and good luck to self...

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
You don't have to catch them all, just see them all. You see all of the Pokemon species in the Sinnoh Dex if you fight every single trainer all the way to the champion except Palkia/Dialga which you can see postgame if you head back to Celestic Town and talk to that girls' grandma, she'll show you a picture of the legend opposite of the version you're playing.

Then talk to Rowan and he'll give you stuff.

Beautiful :) Thanks very much!

I hope I get a shiny soon. My last shiny was a Corphish way back when :(

Tabatha

Years

If you go to this link: http://topolegionleague.virtuaboard...p-completing-sinnoh-dex-look-inside-t1188.htm
it will tell you who to battle/where to go to see all the pokemon needed to complete the shinnoh dex

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
Why the sad face? Was it erased?

No but I simply haven't had one (a shiny) in maybe...6-9 months :( Well I'm looking forward to completing the PokeDex, getting the PokeRadar, getting frustrated but getting Shinies :D :D

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
ATM I'm just chilling taking a break from chaining Sneasel and playing Street Fighter 2. I usually play as Ryu or Ken (prefer Ryu cuz he has more impact), occasionally as Guile (his music rocks... =P), if it's New Challengers I sometimes play as T.Hawk, but...

Lately I've been Vega and he freaking rocks. So I was gonna fire up my PSP and Capcom Classics Reloaded and try him out on there.

"Handsome fighters always win" just doesn't have the same ring to it as "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance" does though. =P

HADOUKEN!

Years
No but I simply haven't had one (a shiny) in maybe...6-9 months :( Well I'm looking forward to completing the PokeDex, getting the PokeRadar, getting frustrated but getting Shinies :D :D

Oh well I've never got my own shiny that WASN'T from Pokeradar. Meh, I've only done like 50 more resets for Uxie, tomorrow I'm gonna be goin for 12 hours so that thing better shine! Later I might check GTS just to get a blue mew, my fav pokemon. MEW ROCKS!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Haven't been in the mood to look for shinies. Been playing a few other games. Might do some chaing or something tonight. not sure yet. Have started a battling team aswell so will be wanting to test that out soon.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
OH MY GOD.

This can't be happening. It shouldn't have happened.

But it finally did. To me.

Late night. Chain of 14.

Shiny grass.

At first I thought it wasn't but went anyway. Shiny Sneasel, pink glory.

I use Spore.
I use False Swipe.
Sneasel woke up!
Sneasel used Agility!

I decide I can do 2 things. 1. Use an Ultra Ball and see if it'll catch it (but I figured it's catch rate was very low like Misdreavus, who even broke out once on low health AND sleep. So 2. Use Spore.

Sneasel outran Breloom.

Sneasel used Fury Swipes!
Breloom's Effect Spore poisoned Sneasel!
Breloom used Spore!
But it failed!

Sneasel is hurt by poison!
The wild Sneasel fainted!
Breloom gained a buttkicking!

Exactly what MM mentioned earlier. Effect Spore.

I am now left to wonder what might have been. That could've been my Jolly/31 Speed Sneasel.

Me and Breloom are gonna have a hella long talk after this is over. >_>

And to beat it all the chain was broken by a Snover. I tell you, when a shiny shows up before 40 it's very, very, very bad luck. (I guess it's lucky but I'd rather not see them at all until then)

So now I'm trying again, I have like.... 5 in the chain right now. This is pathetic. I guess after this is done I'll swap out Breloom for my own homebrew of it and get one without effect spore. (The one I'm using is traded so I couldn't pick)

Ugh.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
Ahhh DDD, terrible luck man :( If he OUTSPED your 72 Breloom, it probably had wicked high IV's :(

You can get it, don't worry!

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Ahhh DDD, terrible luck man :( If he OUTSPED your 72 Breloom, it probably had wicked high IV's :(

You can get it, don't worry!

In a way, yes, but in a way, no. Sneasel is already blazing fast and Agility doubles it. My Breloom's speed is just around 152. The one Jolly Sneasel I caught had 94 speed.

I'll keep trying, but first I'm going to clean up my room and try out some of the games I got at GameStop

Years
Ah, sorry to hear about that DDD. I'm rapidly progressing in sapphire to get that green registeel, and i'm doing some SRing for uxie. GL to all!

Back