• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] What are you working on?

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
Well darn. I literally just found out that they already used the name "Rosa" for the female player character in B/W 2. So I have to come up with a new default name for the female pc in my game. XD I still want something that means "pink" or "rose" without actually going with "Rose" in specific. (This is what I get for not being up-to-date on the more recent games. :x)
I did a quick search on Behind the Name for new names, so I've got some to think about though as I work on designing her appearance (opinions are welcome, though!).

Heather (It is a flower that can be pink)
Primrose (but I already have a Lady named Prim who loves bug types despite being super prim and proper. XD)
Pembe ("pink," Turkish)
Aygul ("moon rose," Turkish, and the meaning would be VERY fitting for the theme of my game...)
Gulay ("rose moon," Turkish, still VERY fitting...)
Gulden ("made from the rose," Turkish)
Nasrin ("wild rose," Persian)
Rosie
Rhosyn ("rose," Welsh)

Daruda

Grinder
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
Well darn. I literally just found out that they already used the name "Rosa" for the female player character in B/W 2. So I have to come up with a new default name for the female pc in my game. XD I still want something that means "pink" or "rose" without actually going with "Rose" in specific. (This is what I get for not being up-to-date on the more recent games. :x)
I did a quick search on Behind the Name for new names, so I've got some to think about though as I work on designing her appearance (opinions are welcome, though!).

Heather (It is a flower that can be pink)
Primrose (but I already have a Lady named Prim who loves bug types despite being super prim and proper. XD)
Pembe ("pink," Turkish)
Aygul ("moon rose," Turkish, and the meaning would be VERY fitting for the theme of my game...)
Gulay ("rose moon," Turkish, still VERY fitting...)
Gulden ("made from the rose," Turkish)
Nasrin ("wild rose," Persian)
Rosie
Rhosyn ("rose," Welsh)
what do you think of Rosalinda?
or maybe Rosetta.

They're two roses.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Ughhh, I've given in and started to redo my main tileset.

Someone kill me.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
I was working on a piece in famitracker for my game, but then I got sidetracked when a friend sent me a blackjack script for RMXP.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
I was working on a piece in famitracker for my game, but then I got sidetracked when a friend sent me a blackjack script for RMXP.

A blackjack script for RMXP? Now that I'd love to see, if only so I can have a blackjack simulator for myself.

Right now I'm taking a break from Touhoumon: Faith & Prayer version for a little while, a bit burnt out on it. I've been commissioned to work on another project (Because I desperately need the money for reasons I'm not comfortable publicly discussing)

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
I am trying to learn about android app/game app development. So far, I managed to get a picture to show, and make a few buttons.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
I'm currently working on making my game work with ARC.
ARC implements most functionality from RPG Maker but with much better performance.

edit: I also just a made a quick daily raffle script.

Last edited:
Years
I am working on a couple of maps. Overlord Maps, 2 region maps, custom tiles, buildings etc...
Also working on storyline main characters names etc...

I have one route completed in my game so far. I wonder what percentage of my game is actually complete? For now, I'd just say, .01% lolz

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
I've been fiddling with Game Maker, and made a Flappy Bird Clone.

Not sure if I'll actually release it to play.
Since it's a bad game anyway. :l

Sales_Kital

Champion of Sinnoh
Years
I'm currently drawing out the Grass Starter line for my Pokemon fan-game, having a few issues with figuring out how I should draw part of it so it looks good, but I'm still trying.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
A Little Sumthin' Sumthin'

35bw32g.png

So what this is, is a little project I am working on. After thinking about the options we have available to members in this section, I really was wishing we had more to offer those wanting to start in Pokemon Game Development.

One of the things I feel that sets us back from ROM Hacking, is the ability for people to actually pick up a intact region. With ROMs, your entire world is already build for you and that helps reduce a lot of work load in the grand scheme of things.

My goal right now is to present a Generation 4 Starter Kit for Pokemon Essentials. This kit will feature a detailed collection of OW sprites and tiles from the 4th Gen, as well as a Gen 4 intro for people to begin working on a Gen 4 style game. The Sinnoh Region will be as rebuilt as possible, offering developers a pre-built world they can fill with NPC's and their story. The goal for this project is to help reduce production time for many developers by giving them a pre-built, lore friendly world. This will be my primary project for the next few weeks :)

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years

35bw32g.png

So what this is, is a little project I am working on. After thinking about the options we have available to members in this section, I really was wishing we had more to offer those wanting to start in Pokemon Game Development.

One of the things I feel that sets us back from ROM Hacking, is the ability for people to actually pick up a intact region. With ROMs, your entire world is already build for you and that helps reduce a lot of work load in the grand scheme of things.

My goal right now is to present a Generation 4 Starter Kit for Pokemon Essentials. This kit will feature a detailed collection of OW sprites and tiles from the 4th Gen, as well as a Gen 4 intro for people to begin working on a Gen 4 style game. The Sinnoh Region will be as rebuilt as possible, offering developers a pre-built world they can fill with NPC's and their story. The goal for this project is to help reduce production time for many developers by giving them a pre-built, lore friendly world. This will be my primary project for the next few weeks :)

That sounds really awesome man!
Give me a shout if you're in need of any help!

As for me, I'm currently in the progress of making general NPCs, Trainers and small events from Route 9 through Lavender Town through Celadon City.
I ended up postponing my demo to add more content and gameplay time.
I'll be aiming for a release once everything up til getting the Rainbow Badge is done!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
After Worldslayer608 had told me his plan for Base essentials kits, I was inspired to start working on a Unova kit in the same respect as his Gen 4 kit :P

Last edited:
Years

35bw32g.png

Seems like a good goal. Poke Essentials is just fine for my needs. I am remaking the maps of Generation III to fit the USA. It's funny you say that the entire world on the ROM is a good thing, not so in my situation. I think there is too much going on in an already completed ROM. Too much deleting!!! Better for me to just start out with a basic Poke World and add on from there. Good luck tho.

Let me know what you think of my idea. I keep you all updated on the progress with this thread as well.

I just thought of a political themed storyline for my game. This may be good enough as is, but as always with hacking/writing I usually end up changing a lot of stuff but I think the main idea is there now!

Storyline:

The US Government is at a standstill. Why? Political discussions about the ethics and rights of Pokemon have become increasingly unstable. Some far left political groups have come up with the silly idea that all Pokemon should be free. They feel Pokemon should only stay with a trainer unless it wants to. 95% of American celebrities support this cause and use their money and power to talk about this any time any where. There are some on the far right who use Pokemon for profit, and profit only! This is not much talked about but it is happening. It is rumored that Bill Gates, the legendary creator of the PC system uses Pokemon to keep his millionaire status. As Bill got richer off his system the rumors turned into accusations and now a Congressional investigation has raised some eyebrows in the Government. Even worse, Congress has accused Bill of using ancient Pokemon power inside his legendary Backyard to keep his software company (Microsoft) running at optimal levels. Bill Gates has been running a ruthless media campaign bashing the government citing a liberal agenda, and suggesting that it's all false accusations and slander. You were a 12 year old computer hacker selected by the government to figure out what Bill is up to, infiltrate his backyard and bring justice to the world. But watch out for the Paulbots (Team Rocket) they like to cause anarchy everywhere they go!

*Note Bill Gates is a far left liberal in real life!!!! Any names, places, and public figures are not associated w/or endorses Pokemon USA.

I like the idea of Bill's Backyard/Garden since that was one of my favorites in the anime. Also since a guy named Bill has already made the PC in the real pokemon games, I thought why not??

Basically, there will be Liberals and Conservatives telling you how they feel about certain issues (in the Poke world) as they are battling you.

Last edited:

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Seems like a good goal. Poke Essentials is just fine for my needs. I am remaking the maps of Generation III to fit the USA. It's funny you say that the entire world on the ROM is a good thing, not so in my situation. I think there is too much going on in an already completed ROM. Too much deleting!!! Better for me to just start out with a basic Poke World and add on from there. Good luck tho.

Deleting NPC's in ROM Hacks is easier than mapping out an entire region from scratch. The object here is to provide the maps of the region in the Gen 4 tileset and compile the sprites and other graphics in the graphics folder for people to have, not actually place them on the maps. This allows people to just add this download to their Essentials folder and presto! Sinnoh is available for them to construct their game within.

Let me know what you think of my idea. I keep you all updated on the progress with this thread as well.

Spoiler:

Going to skip this part, as this is not the place for it.

Back