• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Player Customization

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I've been thinking, because Serena is confirmed to appear as a main character in the anime, do you think there will be DLC accessories in the game based on the outfits she'll be wearing throughout her time in the anime?

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury
Years
I'll be Serena when I buy the game. Althought I'm a boy I really enjoy being the female character because the designs are so much cooler! :)

I think I'll give her a stylish and short haircut (blond or maybe red) with some ranger or hiker clothes in the beggining.
Later, I'll change completely and give her a gracefull dress and a long hair I think... We'll see then haha.
BUT BUT! What I really want is to make her look like a gym leader and make a monotype flying team!

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Well you kind of can. When they are the rival they don't have their hat. We also know we won't be required to wear hats because of this picture:
pss_zps253592e4.jpg

The second player on the Friends tab isn't wearing a hat and neither is the third one under Passersby.

Since I have the picture up anyways, I think the guy with the purple hair is a good candidate for a Cress cosplay and maybe even Faulkner. Assuming you can change the colors of course.

I think the 3rd Passerby is an NCP.

lass.jpg

FireOfExile

2363-5961-4897 (3DS)
Years
Maybe throughout the towns there can be bike racks by the Pokemon Center than you can leave your bike at. Also maybe based on where your rival/friends left their bikes you can steal their bikes call them and ask to borrow their bikes?

cornigames

That one pokemon Tuber!
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2013
I'm probably going to give him blond hair, one of the hair colours featured.

I don't like Calem with the short haircut. He looks better with long hair. I hope that you can grow your hair long again if you get a short haircut.
You probably just go into the salon, pick the long hair and they cut it long (most game's logic in hair customization), I mean it is gamefreak, wouldn't be the biggest inaccuracy to the real world we've seen.

I cannot wait to customize my character to look like me, just hope they have dirty fair hair! =D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
I think the 3rd Passerby is an NCP.

lass.jpg
Personally I think it would make more sense for it to be a PC who is dressed up as a Lass. After all it is from the Player Search System. An NPC really doesn't belong there.
What that implies to me is that we will have access to a lot of trainer class' outfits.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Since we're getting player customization now, I think they should start giving all non-playable characters different looks. They don't have to be completely different, but I would just like them to have something that sets them apart from other NPCs, whether it be the hair color, eye color, skin color, hairstyle, body size, or whatever. d: In real life, some people may wear the same set of clothes at the same time, but they never look exactly alike, do they?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Since we're getting player customization now, I think they should start giving all non-playable characters different looks. They don't have to be completely different, but I would just like them to have something that sets them apart from other NPCs, whether it be the hair color, eye color, skin color, hairstyle, body size, or whatever. d: In real life, some people may wear the same set of clothes at the same time, but they never look exactly alike, do they?
I agree they should make them look distinctive from each other, at least in skin,eye, and hair color, and height...maybe even body shape and age. I'll like to see a skinny hiker, and a younger looking biker. Also a female counterpart class to those two.

Imagine if we can dress up our character like a pre-schooler xD

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
I can't wait for this game to get here, koffi~

It looks like there is more customized items than I thought there would be. That's good. Always good to have choices and such, koff~

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 7, 2014
I bet we can make our character look like Red, Gold, Ruby etc. This is probably only available post game or we might need an event for that but I think it would be pretty cool t walk around with classic Red look.

Ahhh I can't wait to see all the possibilities.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I bet we can make our character look like Red, Gold, Ruby etc. This is probably only available post game or we might need an event for that but I think it would be pretty cool t walk around with classic Red look.

Ahhh I can't wait to see all the possibilities.
If they do that I'll be using the Brandon/Ruby clothes.

Shiarra

Ghost Of The Forest
Years
I hope so, it'd be cool if they implement that, or at least a mechanic where the characters clothes change on situation. (warmer clothes for colder areas, lighter for warmer areas, etc)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
Hm, I hadn't thought about it initially but I wonder if we will get the chance to wear an Imakuni? outfit?

Years
I really like the idea of player customization so that you can make the hero/heroine character look a little more like you.. which I do probably plan on taking advantage of once I get ahold of my copy of Y. :P

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I just hope the character can rock some nice 5oclock shadow weekday me. Thicker beards are for weekend me lol

I am still surprised to see this though. What age are these characters ment to be?

Years
I honestly think this will be so amazing, finally trainers can be seen by what they truly are! Whether they are a dark mysterious trainer, or a heroic trainer destined to be the strongest or even just a funny casual trainer the list is endless and that is what will be so amazing about this customization! It's not just changing a uniform, it's identifying who you truly can be as a pokemon trainer!

Back