• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2014
hi! first of all, congratulations to all the people involved in creating the hack, it's the first one i ever play but i got to say that it's amazing! and also to all the people that try to help others when they find a bug or get stucked, i'm really sure it also helps to develop the game.

what i want to know is how do you make the pedestals for the flutes appear, a friend of mine can make them appear even though i did but i don't know how, i thought they always were there. i've readed that sometimes you can't see them but they are there, this guy tried using the flutes and pressing "A" button al arroung the grayish ground and nothing happened. in case it's important, he's trying to set the flutes after having zapdos flee from him and he already has the 3 flutes. he's got the live beta and tried downloading it again too.

i also need some help with catching articuno/rayquaza, i know many legendaries locations have been changed, but i really don't know what to do to get rayquaza having both kyogre and groudon, i just can't get to the ladder's end at all.. if it's not longer there or i need to do something else please give me a clue, the same goes for articuno and moltres in case it's catchable now, i beg for a clue.

btw: found a bug, when you leave a pokemon with the day care and try to withdraw it, you can also withdraw a lvl 77 female BAD EGG and i was also able to see some permission errors, i'll report them in the section later.

Last edited:

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
Glitch. In Ruins of Alph, these three spaces have movement permissions:
move.png

And I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this, but does anyone know where I could find a thunderstone? My Eevee's kind of a drag until it evolves...

EDIT: Because I've found two Fire Stones so far and a Fire stone seller, but not a single thunder or water stone...

Last edited:

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
Double-posting to report a bug.

In the team Rocket hideout, I knocked out one Electrode and caught another. As soon as I caught the second Electrode, my character began walking away on its own as if I had defeated the third one, despite the fact that I had not. Lance then had his normal dialogue.

When I moved left to try and get the last Electrode, I found that I could no longer get out as every time I tried to move right, I heard Lance say that he would "get this side". I was then unable to leave and was stuck.

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
This hack is amazing!!
I have a couple of questions I would like to ask;

-is there any way to speed up the game's overall speed? I mean it's effing slow when played without pressing "space" all the time, especially on the GPSPhone.

-how far does the game reach? can you finish all 4 badges of the Orange islands?

-how many legendary pokemons are currently in the game?

-any suggestion for a pokemon? (my team is made of Hunter, Quilava, Ralts, Swablu)

GReat game, Awesome remake !!
Keep up the good work!!

1. Depends on your emulator. If you use the recommended emulator (VisualBoyAdvanced), it includes a feature to speed up the game, called Throttle.

2. No, the current Beta only goes up to the 1st Orange Island gym. Johto and Kanto are however complete.

3. Can't tell you how many legends there are exactly, sorry.

Double-posting to report a bug.

In the team Rocket hideout, I knocked out one Electrode and caught another. As soon as I caught the second Electrode, my character began walking away on its own as if I had defeated the third one, despite the fact that I had not. Lance then had his normal dialogue.

When I moved left to try and get the last Electrode, I found that I could no longer get out as every time I tried to move right, I heard Lance say that he would "get this side". I was then unable to leave and was stuck.

If you are still stuck, use a Walk through Walls cheat to get free.

Last edited:
Years
I have a question. In Mt Moon, one of the Rockets says something like "That's the brat from Seafoam Islands". That got me confused because I haven't been there yet. So, am I supposed to do something in the Seafoam Islands before I go to Mt Moon, or is that just a mistake, or did I misunderstand ?

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
PLOT NOTE: Some of the dialogue needs to be changed slightly.

In the original crystal version, after you beat team rocket at the radio tower, you went to catch Suicune.

In this version, you don't go right away, which is fine. However, there was absolutely NO indication that you had to go to the ice path to fight Zane first. This is bound to confuse players who played the original version, especially since the radio director says that "something is going on in Ecruteak", insinuating that the player should go there next.

Instead, the Director should make no mention at all to Ecruteak, pointing the player instead in the direction of Blackthorn. (Maybe he could be impressed with the player's badges and suggest he/she go for the last one?) This would lead the player straight to Zane without having to go to Tin Tower and be confused as to why they can't enter.

A bit of a hint as to where to go in the Ruins of Alph might be nice too. It took me a little bit to figure out that I had to enter from Union Cave. First-time players would not have a clue at all.

Last edited:

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
Oh my god, a talking block!
talkingblock.png

All I did before this point was battle trainers on the route before Blackthorn and beat everyone in the gym.

PLOT NOTE: As for the dialogue here, it doesn't make sense for Clair to just be chilling out here while she knows a gang are after the "Sacred Pokemon" in the Dragon's Den. If she knew about that, she would be in there fighting them.

Instead, it might make more sense to have her refuse to give you a badge, then try to think of a way for you to prove yourself "worthy". At this point, someone could come rushing in and tell Claire about the emergency at the Dragon's Den. She could then turn to you and demand your help. Even better, she could go rushing off to fight them, leaving you to follow her.

Last edited:
Years
I can't find any of the three switches in silph co, and I been thru every room and can't find a switch at all to open the door so I can take on russel.

They are clearly visible in the game.. To give you a hint the first one is near Axel when he tells you about these switches and i am not playing this on vba or else i could show you there images...

Years
They are clearly visible in the game.. To give you a hint the first one is near Axel when he tells you about these switches and i am not playing this on vba or else i could show you there images...

if they were visible I would already found all three, and guess what there is no switch close to axel when he tells you about the switches as I have clicked on everything in that room and nothing happened.

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
This has probably been asked before but, Can other starter pokemon be caught if so where?

They cannot be caught, but you do receive all starters as a gift from somewhere. I know that Chikorita is given to you by an old man inside Tohjo falls, Charmander is given to you by a girl in Fuschia City, and Bulbasaur is given to you by an old man in Viridian. Never found the others, though.

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
if they were visible I would already found all three, and guess what there is no switch close to axel when he tells you about the switches as I have clicked on everything in that room and nothing happened.

find walkthrough in youtube ;)

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2015
A Few Questions:

Where are all the colored flutes?

How or when do the pedestals show up on Outskirt Island?

Upon trying to find the legendaries such as Groudon and Kyogre, for example, all I find are things such as sapphires and rubies...how do I face the legendaries? I haven't went to orange island if that helps.

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2012
hey

i got stock at E4 when i go to the next door after beating ELITE FOUR WILL. any help? i love playing this game and too bad i cant play more because of this bug. and about the bug/glitch when using the TELEPORT. any report about that? cause when i use teleport i can go to places ive never been, like without beating the E4 i can travel to KANTO map, or any random cities. thanks in advance...

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
i got stock at E4 when i go to the next door after beating ELITE FOUR WILL. any help? i love playing this game and too bad i cant play more because of this bug. and about the bug/glitch when using the TELEPORT. any report about that? cause when i use teleport i can go to places ive never been, like without beating the E4 i can travel to KANTO map, or any random cities. thanks in advance...

Teleport is a known bug. Just don't use it.

As for the Elite Four wall glitch, it is also a known bug but one they thought they addressed in the latest Live Beta. If you aren't using the latest Live Beta, I highly recommend you switch to it. Also, if you aren't using their recommended Visual Boy Advanced emulator, make sure you are using that.

If you are STILL having trouble, you may use this cheat to walk through the wall. It will at least let you continue the game:

M) Must Be On
72BC6DFB E9CA5465
A47FB2DC 1AF3CA86

Ghost (Walk Through Walls)
509197D3 542975F4
78DA95DF 44018CB4

Back