The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 24th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Navy Blue
Artist

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Kind of wanted to go more in-depth in my post, and I'm actually wondering if anyone else feels the same way. Here goes!

Well, think about this guys: what about having a permanent companion of some sort? Think Pokemon Colosseum, where you (as Wes) play with a partner (Rui). Would you want the games to be something reflecting this, or would you rather have this as more of an optional feature?

For me, I'd think it'd serve as an interesting mix having some sort of a permanent partner, but only if you can choose who it can be. It's a pretty iffy double-edged sword, if I do say so myself, and I don't think it's too overly necessary, though it could help to change how Gym/Elite Four battles are done. What do you rest of you guys think?
That would be awesome; imagine if you can choose the opposite gender player to help you in battles.
But yeah, I would want optional so I'm not too irritated. Like talk to your partner, "Hey, what do you want to do?" >I'd like to be alone for a bit. >Let's battle! >Let's trade! (etc.)

Good day.
Old April 24th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Blue View Post
That would be awesome; imagine if you can choose the opposite gender player to help you in battles.
But yeah, I would want optional so I'm not too irritated. Like talk to your partner, "Hey, what do you want to do?" >I'd like to be alone for a bit. >Let's battle! >Let's trade! (etc.)
I agree, I do feel that this would be the more preferable route, because not everyone is really inclined to have someone follow them each and every step of the way, but I feel that, in case the partner is needed, that you can have them show up and help you out, and whatnot. :3
Old April 24th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Honestly I feel like having a permanent companion would just be way more hassle that it would be worth. I felt the same way about Colosseum too, as Rui just tended to get in the way more than she was actually helpful. Plus, she had the ability to see Shadow Pokémon, which Wes can not. A companion in the main games doesn't really have a lot to offer in my opinion in options that you can't do yourself.
Old April 24th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
Honestly I feel like having a permanent companion would just be way more hassle that it would be worth. I felt the same way about Colosseum too, as Rui just tended to get in the way more than she was actually helpful. Plus, she had the ability to see Shadow Pokémon, which Wes can not. A companion in the main games doesn't really have a lot to offer in my opinion in options that you can't do yourself.
Hm...you bring up a valid point! I just thought it'd be an interesting addition, but the more I think about it, having a permanent companion wouldn't be too necessary. The worst part about it is as you said, they tend to get in the way more than actually help, I guess. u___u It's hard to find a reason why a second companion is needed, but it'd still be a cool thing to add? xD
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links